Mo-Suu-Pii-Dah Inbitoh in 1/48

Hi guys. I've got all the kits cast and bagged, just waiting on the boxes which are late (what a surprise!) Hopefully I'll get those this week so that I can begin shipping.

Yes! Here comes my B'day present!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Still waiting on boxes. Shipping labels and customs forms are also done... I've got all these crabs and nowhere to go.

looks like bags of cotton candy!

So I found Model Master Plum Crazy in a spray can, so I bought a can to try....first off...I suck at spray paint...I hate it...but I wanted to see if the color was gonna work for the kits. It doesn't say it's a pearl like gloss paint, but it is....unfortunately. The color itself is good I think, but the pearl element is going to render it not usable for the kits. Kinda hard to tell from iPad pics, but in the sun, it's crazy Mopar 70's Dodge pearl purple! Guess I'll have to order some Tamiya purple and try that.

edit...added pic with flash

post-11393-0-53372200-1389482233_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-62279400-1389482247_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-00436200-1389483264_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Hello Captain

Well now after this project is done I just imagined you doing the scene of the old Superbowl Commercial, a camera crew comes up to you right after the last box is out the door and you are asked what are you going to do now and you say "I going to Disney World" !!!!

Have a Great One and I can't wait to see,what you are thinking on next!!!

Dkev

Hello derex3592

If you have access to Citadel Paints there is a good selection of purple and violet colors to choose from. I was looking at the display at my local hobby shop yesterday and found some good possibilities. Here is a link to their color chart;

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F1E4x6hHZqs/T23f2bnRyEI/AAAAAAAACU0/jO7im_8gH-8/s1600/citadel+paint+conversion.jpg

Good Luck!!!

Dkev

So I found Model Master Plum Crazy in a spray can, so I bought a can to try....first off...I suck at spray paint...I hate it...but I wanted to see if the color was gonna work for the kits. It doesn't say it's a pearl like gloss paint, but it is....unfortunately. The color itself is good I think, but the pearl element is going to render it not usable for the kits. Kinda hard to tell from iPad pics, but in the sun, it's crazy Mopar 70's Dodge pearl purple! Guess I'll have to order some Tamiya purple and try that.

edit...added pic with flash

I want one!! :angry:

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you! My molds are still good for maybe six or seven more kits, the only problem is that I'm literally out of resin. If I can get an extra 6 orders I'll be able to make it happen, so those of you who missed out, now's your chance to chime-in!

Cory: if it's okay with you, I'll save the answer to that question for part II of my audio interview with Boinger in about 3 weeks. I think it's worth going into detail on a question like that, but sooo much easier to do so verbally as opposed to typing.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat800003a&prodId=prod1500086a Citadel paint option...kinda $$$ and I've never tried it...anybody else??

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/vlj/vlj62008.htm -- Vellajo purple option ----Of course it's out of stock..uhhggg...

Edited by derex3592

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks Captain!

(re- posted in the sales section)

now that we all have kits, for those still on the fence, i would recommend getting these figures in the same scale to compliment the Gurab.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40322&p=1088958

especially the running guy!

running man.JPG

Edited by davidwhangchoi