Hana starts at the end of the month, and Neko-Kuro just came out on bluray over here, which has propted me to revisit some things. Most notably the issue of Kizu, and its nebulous release date. Apparently back in December Suaft made an officia statement to the effect of "wait a little longer," so I finally decided to see if I could find a snopsis online thay would explain why it keeps getting pushed back.

Long story short, I wound up finding a translation, amd reading the whole thing online. The no Spoiler version? There is no concievable reason I could see for it not being a high priority finish. I want to see so many scene's animated! All things regarding that first spring break and iys events are quote nicely explained.

The light spoiler version?

I am even more surprised Hanekawa and Araragi didn't wind up together, so much haooens with their meeting and ensuing adventure, it almost seems criminal that they didn:t (and I am a diehard Senjougahara fan saying this). I guess the best reason why they didn't is the assesment by Senjougahara in Neko-Shiro, as those parts of Hanakawa are addressed in Kizu too. But looking at the series thus far a lot more time is spentvwith Hanekawa than any other girl. The story also nicely covers all the fine details of the meeting with Kiss-Shot, just who Episode is, the nature off Araragi's decision to be a partal vampire, and qhy Shinobu didn't talk to him for a while. All quite satisfying.

And man, next time I watch through the series, I'm gonna be on the lookout for Hamekawa's bra and panties in Araragi's room (read the story!)

There are still some important mysteries yet to be revealed after this last season, and I hope Hana addresses the biggest one. Just who the hell did Araragi and Suruga fight at the cram school? Because pf the way events played out, Kabuki & Oni "had" to have taken place before/during Neko-Shiro. But thatstill left the big kystery of who the fight was with before Araragi came back to rescue Hanekawa. We know who sent him to fight at the cram school, and likely, that was the event that put the talisman that Nadeko ate in his care. It's also reasonable to assume that this event may have als brought Ougi into the picture, but that's a whole other puzzle (I still think Ougi is somehow Oshino). I know Hama is supposed to take place after Koi, so I'k not certain of how good the chancez are that this particular mystery will be covered.

Speaking of Ougi, I'm even more certain that he/she is pretty evil. Nowing more about the true naturebof Kiss-Shot, I can see no other reason, aside from pure chaos that anyone would want to egg the events with Nadeko on.

Damn I love his story!

Edited by Keith

I've read Kizumono too and have to say that there's nothing really in the plot there that could ruin anything for anyone just watching the TV series. The reason can also not be financial since the Monogatari series continues being phenomenally successful and it's sales figures keep Shaft well fed.The only reason I can find for it being delayed is creative. Maybe they're not pleased with how it ended up looking? Maybe they want to tie it with a final movie? Questions, questions.

Regarding Hanekawa

and Araragi, reading Kizumonogatari and later Neko/kuro, it really feels like Senjougahara literally scooped Araragi out of Hanekawa's hands (and I love Senjougahara too(. One word from Hanekawa before Senjougahara showed up and those would have been a couple.

And maybe that's the lesson in itself, what hapoens when there'e too much hesitation.

As for Kizu, Looking at that teaser, things seemed to be on track. After watching Madoka Rebellion, I hink Shaft is more than ready.

• 3 months later...

Read on a forum that we can expect it to be on on saturday...

The wait is killing me. I really like Kanbaru as a character (she really puts Araragi in his place sometimes) and the interest shown by Kaiki and some of the other 'adults' in her makes me think she has a central role to play in the future of this series.

Just watched the first episode (unfortunately the service that's streaming it here, is going to break it up into the 5 episodes an do one a week, unlike in Japan when they screened all 5 in a single showing. It was also really hard to stop the stream on time to read those small Gatari text flashes!). Having said that, it was pretty interesting stuff and very Gatari in it's dialogue and presentation. I was a bit surprised by the lack of headtilting though....Shaft, what's going on?!

This series focuses on Kanbaru and Senjougahara/Araragi/Hanekawa have all graduated so they don't show up (well Araragi does in spirit I suppose). There's a couple of new characters, one of which is a former basketball rival of Kanbaru's and could well be the main antagonist this time. Ooh, and there's boob grabbing coming from absolutely nowhere!

Edited by Marzan

Full series out on Daisuki now. I don't know about North America though. Aniplex has the weirdest licensing procedures sometimes.

I loved this arc.

Kanbaru has been shown for most of the Monogatari series as playful, ero-obsessed character. However, when she was the narrator, as opposed to the expectations, she was quite serious in her delivery and rarely made a joke. Her being in charge of narration showed what she "truly" was inside, and not the character setting she kept on building. I also really enjoyed the 'twist' we are presented in the last episodes, even though we see it coming if we're paying attention.

My favourite bit has to be 10 minutes with Kaiji. He steals his scenes, in particular with the 'Kaiji Stride' He's one heck of an interesting character.

Now starts the long wait for the next delivery of the series. I've kind of given up on Kizumono being shown anytime soon.

Kaiki FTW!

another great installment for the gatari series.

as Marzan said, Kanbaru is quite a revelation. as it turns out, she's arguably the most mature character in Araragi's "harem", Hanekawa included.

or maybe another way to put it, is that she's the most "normal". in a cast where everyone has few loose screws here and there, it's actually quite refreshing.

and yeah, loved her jogging outfit. hope a PVC will come out of this OVA series.

haven't rewatched Mono 2nd since it aired, so i think i'll do just that to tide me over.

'gatari is such a cruel mistress..

Kaiki may well be the best character in the series, maybe because he's the most relatable, but he's quickoy grown on me after Nise. I just wish Koyomi would have learned some of the truth about him.

As expected another incredible installment. Now I juat wonder how long the wait for another full season will be. Tsukimono, Koyomimono, & Owarimono should be able to wrap together nicely, with Kizu & Zuko perhaps bookending as movies.

I've read spoilers for Owarimonogatari and it sounds like it has the potential to be the best of the whole lot. Cannot wait to see it animated.

Zokuowari (final novel) comes out September the 19th, so hopefully they can get to work on the next full season soon!

• 1 month later...

Indeed.I like how they’re doing it. They better strike while the iron is hot and keep those big sales figures coming in. There’s so many franchises out there that never got the entirety of their storyline adapted due to people losing interest after some years (something different always comes along).

With Kizumono, I get the feeling that they will release it last. Why they’ve squatted on it all these years is a mistery to me.

Now I sad thinking of Haruhi, at least we're still getting the books tramslated. Maybe Aya Hirano will draw enough attention playing Migi that they'll consider making another season. "Yeah, and maybe they'll also do another season of Ah Megami Sama."

Pretty sure we'll see Kizu way before any of that happens.

• 2 months later...

Finally got to see it. Lots and lots of clues about the happenings of the Monogatari series and specially about

Koyomi and his future (as well as his possible relationship to Ougi Oshino) . And that final appearance of Senjougahara's was absolutely magical. We've been waiting for something like that for a while now

Edited by Marzan

• 1 month later...

I thought this would never happen but the Monogatari novels are getting an English language release. Kizumonogatari has been licensed and will be out November 2015.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/15/vertical-licenses-kizumonogatari-seraph-of-the-end-light-novels-and-ninja-slayer-manga

On 2/18/2015 at 8:38 AM, Keith said:

I know, I also demand a hard cover AND kindle edition!

Seriously. The only light Novel series I'm reading on kindle is Book Girl and that's only because I started late and couldn't find some of the paperbacks. I'm tired of eBooks being the same price as the physical ones. They should be a few bucks cheaper. It's especially annoying when a book on kindle is as much as the Hard Cover edition. I had that problem with Tiger and Del by Jennifer Roberson. Not only was the newest novel the same as digital or physical the digital version of her older novels were actually more expensive for some reason.

I have physical print versions of Spice and Wolf, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? , Accel World and Sword Art Online. I'm still hoping for Official translations of a few series I've been reading by other means as well. I've really gotten back into reading (not just light novels) over the past 2 years.

Edited by bluemax151

• 7 months later...

OMFG IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com

Also, Owarimonogatari is going straight to Crunchyroll, with no Daisuki delay this time.

LOL, Shaft has kept it under wraps for years and suddenly just like that they're rolling it out. I wonder if it's a new trailer or an actual release date for the film.

Finally Crunchy will have the simulcast. It made no sense to have it delayed, Daisuki doesn't get as many viewers as Crunchy does.

Man, they're gonna give Kizumonogatari the "Hobbit" treatment. They're gonna stretch it for all that is worth. Not that I'm complaining. The character designs and animation look absolutely superb.

First ep of Owari (a special is out). Ougi is as magnificently creepy as ever and Oikura's character is a real interesting addition to the series.

Man, they're gonna give Kizumonogatari the "Hobbit" treatment. They're gonna stretch it for all that is worth. Not that I'm complaining. The character designs and animation look absolutely superb.

First ep of Owari (a special is out). Ougi is as magnificently creepy as ever and Oikura's character is a real interesting addition to the series.

Yup, Ougi Formula 1 & 2. On one hand, I'm kinda sad I already spoiled myself on the mystery, but it's so good, I don't care.