Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, Mog said:

I’m still a fan of the Ron Moore BSG backstory.  They just developed a lot of good stories out of the “Humans built the Cylons” idea.

But I still tip my cap to the old series for coming up with awesome designs. :hi:

It has some flaws, but the Toynami Beta is pretty freakin’ awesome.  Ratchet-joints in key spots and a nice heft to it.

There are some gaps here and there, but the bomber mode still looks good, and the fighter combo with the Alpha is hard to beat (assuming you luck out and get a good looking Alpha).

Not sure what they’re going for now, but I never regretted getting the Beta.

I almost pulled the trigger on a very nice Toynami Alpha and Beta recently to display in fighter mode. But I've got PO's on the Sentinel so I'm holding out. I hope I don't regret it. I really want that pair in my display case.

23 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

What brand are those transformers?

Magic Square Light pf Justice and NewAge Agamemnon. There are different variations of each to choose from. 

They are both pretty amazing, sturdy, and have incredible transformation processes.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

25 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice!

I'm super stoked about this one!

I finally watched DYRL the other day too. It's been a pretty good Macross few days!

8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

See the source image

Very nice!!!!

Okie dokie then, guess I need a set now! :D

Yep, you NEED one.:D

6 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Noice!  Yr fly is open tho, lol.  Er, well, I guess it's just showing some cleavage.

Good eye!

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Don't do what I did...  I actually placed all of the decals on mine. LOL  Not sure if it was worth it but my OCD was kicking in and had to do it.  Now half are falling off of course.

Good advice. I looked at it last night and asked myself if A, did I want to take the time. And B, how long until they peel off?

I think I'm going to get some skull water slides for the boosters and leave the rest nekkid.

Got this in today. Now the Bandai DX Jetfire custom project can get started. Super excited!

And it was kind of fun to pull my #1 favorite Transformer and #2 favorite toy (#1 was the Gakken Ride Armor/Cyclone). out of the box. I was almost 12yrs old again for a second there.:D

Jetfire.jpg.ea509fd5fc682be7ff4222a3755536e3.jpg

On 1/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, sqidd said:

Got this in today. Now the Bandai DX Jetfire custom project can get started. Super excited!

And it was kind of fun to pull my #1 favorite Transformer and #2 favorite toy (#1 was the Gakken Ride Armor/Cyclone). out of the box. I was almost 12yrs old again for a second there.:D

Jetfire.jpg.ea509fd5fc682be7ff4222a3755536e3.jpg

Love it

On 1/20/2020 at 7:17 PM, sqidd said:

I finally watched DYRL the other day too. It's been a pretty good Macross few days!

Duuude...how did I miss this?!  Congrats.  Hikaru becomes a little more of a badass in this one.  And I love the color scheme... I think it reminds me a bit of Jetfire if I'm being honest.

53 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Duuude...how did I miss this?!  Congrats.  Hikaru becomes a little more of a badass in this one.  And I love the color scheme... I think it reminds me a bit of Jetfire if I'm being honest.

Yeah, Hikaru was a little bit more badass for sure. And Minmay wasn't nearly ass annoying.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:57 PM, Bing0 said:

first macross toy, thanks it worked!

A6628F93-FCF7-4915-B54D-C16DA6DD76C0.jpeg

Beautiful!  I have the same valk and flightpose setup.  I ended up adding some thin clear plastic wrap on each of the rubber posts to prevent paint transfer (more of an issue on colored valks).

Will post pictures later.

Today at Bookmans (a Local Tucson used books and entertainment franchise) I picked up a complete, in box, Bandai 1:55 VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valkyrie.  All the joints were tight and there was ZERO yellowing.  The stickers were applied, and all parts present including the firing missiles and Minmay figure.  The only issue, the box had some cosmetic issues, corners were smashed a bit and there was a puncture on the back.  The styrofoam was all intact.

The price:  $200 plus tax.

6 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Will post pictures later.

Today at Bookmans (a Local Tucson used books and entertainment franchise) I picked up a complete, in box, Bandai 1:55 VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valkyrie.  All the joints were tight and there was ZERO yellowing.  The stickers were applied, and all parts present including the firing missiles and Minmay figure.  The only issue, the box had some cosmetic issues, corners were smashed a bit and there was a puncture on the back.  The styrofoam was all intact.

The price:  $200 plus tax.

Nice!!!!