Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

42 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Way too much. 

Buyee price on Missle Set = $110 shipped

Buyee price on SSP Set = $150 shipped ( I should have combined shipping on the Buyee options but didn't).

NY Price (Gouging PO) =$305

Hikaru is an anomaly that I wanted to complete, I won't care to much for the other releases.... yet!

5 hours ago, scand said:

Time to have some fun with $550 worth of Valkyrie and Valkyrie accessories. Outside the stress of just getting a single fully loaded valk, I don't see how you guys ordering multiples hold it together. :/

4 hours ago, crackpot said:

Way too much. 

I'll stuck with the 1/48 Yammies to be honest. For that amount of cash, I rather have a DX VF valk and the SSP pack combo sans missiles.

$550 is a payment on a house mortgage or a down payment for a end house in YVR. :mellow:   

8 hours ago, crackpot said:

Way too much. 

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Most people (non toy collectors) would say $300 is way too much. They would probably say $100 is way too much. Diamonds are another example. You can get 100% perfect chemically identical diamonds for a small fraction of what "real" ones cost. Yet people still buy "real" diamonds because it's worth it to them.

IMO telling someone that a purchase they made is "not worth it" or "too much money" is like telling them that they're wrong about their favorite color.

If looked at logically toy collecting at all is spending "way too much money". What's that phrase that comes to mind? Oh yeah. "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".;)

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Most people (non toy collectors) would say $300 is way too much. They would probably say $100 is way too much. Diamonds are another example. You can get 100% perfect chemically identical diamonds for a small fraction of what "real" ones cost. Yet people still buy "real" diamonds because it's worth it to them.

IMO telling someone that a purchase they made is "not worth it" or "too much money" is like telling them that they're wrong about their favorite color.

If looked at logically toy collecting at all is spending "way too much money". What's that phrase that comes to mind? Oh yeah. "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".;)

I didn't expand on my way too much response but my point wasn't to criticize his choice of spending but the amount that it all added to. I'm not suggesting as well that he get a cheaper alternative (Yamato 1/48 or something). Knowing that said items are available for less in YJA gives me that knowledge for my purposes. Let's not readily assume. 

9 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I didn't expand on my way too much response but my point wasn't to criticize his choice of spending but the amount that it all added to. I'm not suggesting as well that he get a cheaper alternative (Yamato 1/48 or something). Knowing that said items are available for less in YJA gives me that knowledge for my purposes. Let's not readily assume. 

I/people are only able to work with what you give them. You didn't give much. The only thing that can be done with that sort of post is some assumption.

You made the point that one should not assume. And you're not wrong. I would also like to make a point. If you don't want your posts mis-construed, Try using more than three words. A "let's meet in the middle" type of situation.:good:

12 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Night and day difference between the two. I’m not crapping on the black series but it’s crazy that people say the black series is better than the SH.

nice pic btw

I like them both. The SHF obviously has better joints, articulation and accessories (not all shown) but the Carbonized paint job on the BS is cool. But yeah, I can’t imagine someone saying the BS is better than SHF especially when comparing the regular BS version. 

On 12/28/2019 at 12:08 PM, peter said:

Curious, where is it made?  My Robotech In bit toys were actually made in Japan,  lol!

20191228_120742.thumb.jpg.30b73364a6f1eeeedf7a4f140f5a027f.jpg20191228_120450.thumb.jpg.ece971a112d27bac4c74bd03343e51ec.jpg

Dude.  I thought my shock trooper would have the same markings as yours but mine says HG/Tatsunoko/exosquad/playmates 1994 on it.

As for toy collecting and the money spent on it, c'mon you guys.  ALL hobbies are pretty much a waste of time and money that could be directed into something more sensible, so arguing about what is worth what to whom is pointless-just have fun with it...

Bought myself my Christmas present to make me feel better (way too expensive, but I'm worth it!)  Joints are a little floppy, but wow, what paint finish,  such a gorgeous mech!

IMG_8788_resize.thumb.JPG.f27dab535a5e3d26ac6692b006ad761e.JPG

Really makes the Bandai/Arcadia/Yamato stuff look and feel like toys compared to this collectable.

5 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Bought myself my Christmas present to make me feel better (way too expensive, but I'm worth it!)  Joints are a little floppy, but wow, what paint finish,  such a gorgeous mech!

Really makes the Bandai/Arcadia/Yamato stuff look and feel like toys compared to this collectable.

Fewture/Ex Gokin makes some beautiful stuff. I've got a lot of their Super Robots. They're also some of my favorites. I considered getting one of these because it was Ex Gokin more than my love for Garlands.

Edited by sqidd

16 hours ago, myk said:

Dude.  I thought my shock trooper would have the same markings as yours but mine says HG/Tatsunoko/exosquad/playmates 1994 on it.

As for toy collecting and the money spent on it, c'mon you guys.  ALL hobbies are pretty much a waste of time and money that could be directed into something more sensible, so arguing about what is worth what to whom is pointless-just have fun with it...

Did you check to see if your Veritech was made in Japan?  Kind of weird that they were able to produce a toy with so many similarities with the chunky monkey and not get any flak for it.

Also, was wondering if anybody knows whether they made any Inbit toys in Japan?  It sort of boggles my mind thinking that they made Robotech Invid toys in Japan, but no bad guy Mospeada toys were ever produced for the local market over there.

27 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

MP-47 Hound is pretty good but as usual with Takara we get high prices and bad QC. 

He looks okay, where was your break? My buddy got two, one for alt and one for bot, both were broken, one out of the box and one during transformation. Such a shame that these things are happening, I'm not a fan of the aesthetic direction, but a lot of people are getting what they want from it, these QC issues make being an early buyer seem like you're beta testing these things for Takara. 

50 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

He looks okay, where was your break? My buddy got two, one for alt and one for bot, both were broken, one out of the box and one during transformation. Such a shame that these things are happening, I'm not a fan of the aesthetic direction, but a lot of people are getting what they want from it, these QC issues make being an early buyer seem like you're beta testing these things for Takara. 

One hinge cracked out of the box on the hinge that is attached to the bottom part of the seat and the base of the neck is bent and doesnt sit straight on the hood. I got a replacement on the way but now im worried of that one coming out in worse shape than this one. 

4 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

One hinge cracked out of the box on the hinge that is attached to the bottom part of the seat and the base of the neck is bent and doesnt sit straight on the hood. I got a replacement on the way but now im worried of that one coming out in worse shape than this one. 

Al least you might to be able to cobble a single good one together out of the original and the replacement.

16 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Damn that's a bummer, at least you've got a replacement on the way. Fingers crossed it's in good condition. This release seems to have the most wide spread QC issues of any of Takara's most recent releases, they really need to get their collective crap together if they are going to keep charging more and more for these things. 

14 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Wow, that does look much more real compared to anime look of the Arcadia. Very cool!

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

MP-47 Hound is pretty good but as usual with Takara we get high prices and bad QC. 

New Purchase 12/27/2019 MP-47 Hound

Oh great, sucks to hear! I have yet to open any official MP Transformer since Sunstreaker and I still haven’t even transformed that or Megatron. It sounds like I’m just throwing money away to TakaraTomy. I think my Hound just got delivered this morning but I haven’t checked what’s in the box yet. Maybe I should just sell them all without opening so I can avoid finding out if they are defective, lol. 

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

So, I opened this one.

If I feel like this was a ripoff and pretty junky, should I even bother opening any of the other MPs including 44 and up?

Personally I don't like MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 either way, I hate the aesthetic and alt mode, bot mode looks unfinished, but as far as QC goes, I read there were mainly paint issues, and those weren't as wide spread as anything on Hound. MP-44 is about the same, some paint issues here and there, the main issue would be broken knees, they could be jacked out of the box, or after a transformation or two, there's a fix, but fixing a $300+ Optimus doesn't sound very fun at all IMO.

Hound would be the ticking time bomb, you could have a broken figure out of the box, or a broken figure after or during your first transformation. If you really want Hound, and it's not too much a hassle, maybe send it back for a refund and buy the eventual second run. Honestly. MP-45 has been best described, IMO, as a card board cut-out Masterpiece, good from an angle or two, awful from every other. For me honestly, MP-44 is about the same, great from several angles, bad from most, you get gaps, breaks in the mold, backpack, etc. 

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Personally I don't like MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 either way, I hate the aesthetic and alt mode, bot mode looks unfinished, but as far as QC goes, I read there were mainly paint issues, and those weren't as wide spread as anything on Hound. MP-44 is about the same, some paint issues here and there, the main issue would be broken knees, they could be jacked out of the box, or after a transformation or two, there's a fix, but fixing a $300+ Optimus doesn't sound very fun at all IMO.

Hound would be the ticking time bomb, you could have a broken figure out of the box, or a broken figure after or during your first transformation. If you really want Hound, and it's not too much a hassle, maybe send it back for a refund and buy the eventual second run. Honestly. MP-45 has been best described, IMO, as a card board cut-out Masterpiece, good from an angle or two, awful from every other. For me honestly, MP-44 is about the same, great from several angles, bad from most, you get gaps, breaks in the mold, backpack, etc. 

I think 45 looks ok in bot mode except the feet, which look like an incomplete afterthought. Alt mode is a wreak, a complete gappy mess. Not very satisfying for a $100 figure.

I watched some more reviews on Hound and that one actually looks really good except the floating head with ugly bar holding it in place from behind and the gun that doesn't clear the passenger or windshield. Those are pretty minor gripes though. I guess if mine isn't broken in the box, it could be a win for me.

I don't want to deal with a broken Prime so maybe I'll just leave it in the box indefinitely. I don't even want to think about transforming that one ever anyways, lol.

Transformers_MP-47.jpg.bd3931d655bd798a0cadb426a9d81f1c.jpg

Just opened this! Most importantly, no breaks and it seems all pretty solid. I'm pretty happy with this thing and it has already turned me around as far as how I was feeling the other day about Transformers and MP in general. Looks great in both modes, which is one of the most important things to me and the transformation is pretty cool with no silly feeling of it being a forever folding until you get to the right shape type of transformation. There are some parts that seem extremely delicate and the joints are tight so my recommendation if you get a good one of these is to hold the parts as close to the joints as possible when moving them to reduce stress and chances of breaking. Other than that, I will go so far as to say this is the best MP Autobot I've ever handled.

I ended up getting the Comic paint version of the Mafex Spider-Man, the look is only marginally noticeable but the QC problems are front-and-center.

Also got the NOTAS Winter Soldier Steve and head sculpt.  Had to borrow the Marvel Legends Winter Soldier Shield because the one provided was not correctly colored.

3B9D3354-2A9A-467C-A1BF-2E837240BFC8.thumb.jpeg.43aa9c2239910c56bf5796c6950eb1a0.jpeg