Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

11 minutes ago, tekering said:

So, how do you like your Godzilla?

228288751_thegigantictrio.thumb.jpg.facfd286109407725c5fa642f692ba3b.jpg

Hero, or villain?

Japanese, or American?

Classic guy-in-a-suit, or modern CGI?

Godzilla is neither hero nor villain but both the bringer of death before him and life after him.  He arises from the bowels of the earth and is the embodiment of her fury that also brings life.  Praise be to the great, green, beneficent one, the destroyer, the creator, the alpha, and the omega.  May his path be blessed and his rest be deep.

So yeah, crazy cult Godzilla.  Hail Godzilla!

26 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Godzilla is neither hero nor villain but both the bringer of death before him and life after him.  He arises from the bowels of the earth and is the embodiment of her fury that also brings life.  Praise be to the great, green, beneficent one, the destroyer, the creator, the alpha, and the omega.  May his path be blessed and his rest be deep.

Still waiting to see the next evolutions of Shin Gojira.  Hope Anno Hideaki makes a sequel to that.  Still think about the tail regularly.

D95AF95B-C1F9-49BF-880A-FF4651404B64.thumb.jpeg.661503d2b77e9750901ae64551b02b37.jpeg

Marvel Legends Wolverine, Jean Grey, and Cyclops set x2 that were discounted.

marvellegendsanimatedxmen.thumb.jpg.23e000e26bc37985010259b1b388d74d.jpg

I might redo this pic with the updated Jean Grey although I still love how everything turned out including Jean Grey’s hands swapped with Dazzler’s.

Edited by sh9000

10 hours ago, Pontus said:

The way Godzilla is portrayed on the big screen he's an avenging angel.  He "rises from the bowels of the earth" amid the ash of the nuclear fire storm as a way of chastising all of humanity for its abuses of nature and god's laws.  So yea, he's basically a wrathful god taking aim at humankind for taking too many liberties with E = mc2.  So both good and bad at the same time.

3 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

The way Godzilla is portrayed on the big screen he's an avenging angel.  He "rises from the bowels of the earth" amid the ash of the nuclear fire storm as a way of chastising all of humanity for its abuses of nature and god's laws.  So yea, he's basically a wrathful god taking aim at humankind for taking too many liberties with E = mc2.  So both good and bad at the same time.

Too many liberties with theory of special relativity?

Well, poop nuggets!  Just opened my Alien3 Dog and the damn legs fell right off of it.  Looks like the hip socket on the right leg was malformed.  I guess I'm about to check the return service at BBTS.  I hope I can get a replacement.  I also got some eggs while they were on sale.  Mmmm, eeeeggzzzth.

image.png.6eeb13b70bdca92ca1ae62741113518a.png

image.png.79090615853a75406362f60ea7d5a859.png

image.png.88f471859d2e8674ed55cfb6d5f2f348.png

48 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Is the Alien Dog Neca by chance?  I've stopped buying their stuff as their plastic seems to be very brittle.  I've had several of their pieces just come apart.  Looks amazing, just can't touch it or open it.

Yup, NECA.  Most of the time the plastic is soft and maleable, but it does seem like weak plastic.  I've only had one actually break.  Usually a joint comes apart or is loose in my experience.  Most stuff I've gotten works great, but not something you wanna play with a lot.  The queen was a totaly POS though.

Anyway, BBTS told me to keep it and sent me a new one!!! :good::clapping:I guess the pics were pretty convincing.

4 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Is the Alien Dog Neca by chance?  I've stopped buying their stuff as their plastic seems to be very brittle.  I've had several of their pieces just come apart.  Looks amazing, just can't touch it or open it.

Neca’s plastic is cheaper (not as bad as it used to be), their joints often come totally frozen up too.  The offset is their sculpts are incredibly detailed and their paint is superb.  But if they went whole hog with good plastic the toys would go from $30 to $70.

Edited by Mommar

On 12/21/2019 at 1:19 AM, Chronocidal said:

Oooh, now that's a pretty one.  Mine's going to arrive after I'm already off for vacation, but I'm glad to have one with the proper white and gray!

Here's hoping they do a VF-142 as well, that's my other must-have scheme. :) 

I’ll buy that and all AFC 1/100 F-14 releases.

13 hours ago, seti88 said:

That sharkmouth chevy nova in camo looks good! Ordered one!:lol:

along with the thunderball convertible too!:lol:

Where do you order them?  I like the Mustang too.  Had to get a second one to open.

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Opened this guy and made it into an ornament

Also threw in some classics for good measure

272278638_ChristmasTree_2019_StarWars.thumb.jpg.718f24b26c32d2ed53a2d71114e9c006.jpg

Cool Rainbow Dash!  Not sure where these other, weird figures are from.  Must be one of those old boring space movies with all the horrible FX and crummy dialogue.