Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Flying Mule finally shipped out my Calibre Wings VF-1S. Unfortunately, it's missing the two dorsal fins right behind the heatshield. Emailed them and still waiting on a response.

Also got in my Metal Build Strike Freedom (Soul Blue) from Bluefin. Loving how they've started selling web exclusives.

Speaking of Getter's. This dude showed up today. I'm not actually thrilled to death with this one. I put him on a shelf with some Fewture and King Arts Super Robots and the paint apps on the Getter seem dull by comparison. Lacluster. I don't dislike it. Just in comparison it falls a bit flat, This is the third or fourth pose (which I stole right off @Kuma Style site). With his ax and in a dynamic pose he gets super big on the shelf. He's just going to be chillin like this a think.

Getter Robo.jpg

9 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Two of my favs! Congrats!

Thanks, I could not resist anymore after watching and re-watching your reviews haha.  I'm working on getting the Riobot getters as well to round out the line.  I have so far managed to resist the metal build gundams lol.

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

I need all of these.

They're really cool, I got mine both used and they have held up really well.  

6 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Finally got an old retail case off of Craig’s List repainted and set up with LEDs.

Congrats!  I love the lighting on these type of cases.

Edited by sumyumgoy

On 11/8/2019 at 2:35 PM, Jaustin89 said:

Got my first 1:18 car to go with it's somewhat pricier equivalent that I got earlier in the week.

15731836585018036993397219520926.thumb.jpg.4125d1d4935d1e09f078eeb16ebe38bf.jpg

looks great! what is the build quality and detail like? Sadly other Tesla diecast model previously haven't been very good.. Hoping the Model 3 is better.

45 minutes ago, spanner said:

looks great! what is the build quality and detail like? Sadly other Tesla diecast model previously haven't been very good.. Hoping the Model 3 is better.

With the caveat of me not having anything else to compare it to I'd say it's pretty good. It feels solid to hold with the exception of the windows on the doors; those are by necessity unsupported plastic and likely somewhat fragile.

Detail is fine enough to capture every button the actual car has (all 10 or so of them), there are actual cloth or fabric seatbelts with buckles, all leather surfaces on the interior are acrually leather or a reasonably close approximation, and while I havn't been under my model 3 to verify the accuracy the underside of the model appears fully detailed.

Overall I'd say it's probably worth the $250 I paid for it.

B460FCB8-45E0-4B88-BE08-73B015E00ECA.thumb.jpeg.df5c3ee1db9842b2270f11375a00a0b6.jpeg

39355CAF-D3CB-4E75-8759-4A80FA319C03.thumb.jpeg.8060f3c40f52532e354ac2a77cc12ca4.jpeg

Hot Wheels Aston Martin Vulcan, Nissan Fairlady Z, ID KITT, ID Tesla Model S, Jaguar Lightweigt E-Type Carry On, and Nissan Skyline GT-R (BNR34) Aero Lift.

3B28E255-A86A-49C0-BC15-53756C5D0871.thumb.jpeg.8014175a11da546d97a716ebe64b9755.jpeg

Star Wars Black Series Luke Skywalker (Skywalker Strikes).

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Eeep!! Damn @sqidd. There's no way to stop you from getting stuff for your collection... It just keeps on growing at least every single day. :blink:

I'll be stopping soon! I'm running out of room!:D

My wish list is getting pretty small too.