Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

If you need bigger, check out the sideshow website, I think they have 1/4 versions and even full size. 

I have a full-sized Boba Fett.  ^_^

1058548251_completeESBBoba.thumb.jpg.20532460f411e5997cdbea890baafa79.jpg

I don't have a mannequin for it, though...

...nor any space to display it if I did.  :unsure:

42 minutes ago, tekering said:

I have a full-sized Boba Fett.  ^_^

1058548251_completeESBBoba.thumb.jpg.20532460f411e5997cdbea890baafa79.jpg

I don't have a mannequin for it, though...

...nor any space to display it if I did.  :unsure:

So sweet! That’s my ultimate collection goal to have a full size replica Boba Fett suit. I’m glad the BS helmet is coming soon. I know they aren’t the greatest but for the price, I really like my Vader and Stormtrooper helmets. 

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Vader and Stormtrooper helmets. 

When I was in 3rd grade or so, which must have been after Star Wars/ before Empire some kid at school had the really nice Darth Vader helmet for Halloween. Man, I was sooooooo jealous!

Got my first couple of Detolfs together yesterday. Freed up some room so I unpacked a two pair of M&M's (1/48 and 1/60). I wanted to get the last pair (1/48's) unpacked and go Battroid but it's getting late. They're just kind of parked in there for now. Yeti stands and stuff are inbound. And I need some lighting.

The 1/48 Miria is missing it's cockpit heat shield. aside from being a tiny bit loose it was really minty and not missing a thing. That's disappointing. I messaged the eBay seller. I always seem to get screwed on that stuff though. No telling how that will go.

M&M's.jpg

31 minutes ago, sqidd said:

When I was in 3rd grade or so, which must have been after Star Wars/ before Empire some kid at school had the really nice Darth Vader helmet for Halloween. Man, I was sooooooo jealous!

Yeah, another thing I’ve been waiting a lifetime for. Wasn’t willing to pay the price for anything before but the Black Series Helmets are a perfect match of price and look for me. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@sqidd - If you get Boba in 1/6 scale, you can also add the eventual Mandalore to the collection.

I posted this on the 1/6th thread, don't know if you have seen it.

Going to see the Mandalore episodes when it gets aired.

328C4648-6D13-48A5-890A-600B7517F332_jpeg.jpg

Ooooo, cool. Can you link me to the 1/6 thread? I'll follow it.

When does that show start? It's soonish right?

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Got around to opening my MB Eva 01. I never liked the show, but hot damn the MB is an amazing toy!

1739308741_Eva01001.thumb.jpg.5a208cc395f4c289769858e39c8efb35.jpg

Yeah, I tried to like the show. it didn't stick. I LOVE the EVA-01's though! Nice unit!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Ooooo, cool. Can you link me to the 1/6 thread? I'll follow it.

When does that show start? It's soonish right?

Here is the link:

The Mandalore Live show should be airing very soon..

Just arrived 2 1/2 hours ago via Amazon for 16,182 yen (like new and from a 3rd party seller) to YVR. My non-PF 1/60 M&M is now complete.

DSC01656.jpg

Edit: Corrected price and added more detials

Edited by borgified

17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Got around to opening my MB Eva 01. I never liked the show, but hot damn the MB is an amazing toy!

1739308741_Eva01001.thumb.jpg.5a208cc395f4c289769858e39c8efb35.jpg

Can't wait to receive mine today (DHL is out for delivery)! Looks really nice from your photo. Some reviewer have shown loose hip joint. Any problem with any joints in your copy?

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, I tried to like the show. it didn't stick. I LOVE the EVA-01's though! Nice unit!

Now I'm really looking forward to Unit 02 as I think it looks better than 01. Hope Bluefin doesn't screw us over!

9 minutes ago, kkx said:

Can't wait to receive mine today (DHL is out for delivery)! Looks really nice from your photo. Some reviewer have shown loose hip joint. Any problem with any joints in your copy?

Hip joints aren't super tight but not really loose either. At least not any worse than any of my MB Gundams, so far.

25 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Now I'm really looking forward to Unit 02 as I think it looks better than 01. Hope Bluefin doesn't screw us over!

Hip joints aren't super tight but not really loose either. At least not any worse than any of my MB Gundams, so far.

I have Unit 02 on PO through a seller in eBay, my experience so far is not good for PO on eBay. I hope this one will come through. Was debating if I am going for both, but I might not be successful on the 02 after all. Will see if I can be lucky after release if that failed.

Thanks for sharing about the joint, hopefully mine will be ok too. I am prepared to deal with a loose hip joint if it does come to that. Using Future floor polish and some patient will most likely improve things enough. 

1 hour ago, kkx said:

My hips are not loose/not tight also. I have only posed it once.

I'd get the EVA-02 if I can find one for the PO price. Maybe a couple will pop up after they're released. I just picked up a second EVA-01 at about 4am this morning from BBTS for PO pricing. That was a nice surprise with my coffee.

I just did a Google search on the Metal Build EVA-02 and got this. I laughed. In a good way.:p

61d9yrpM1cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

New toy opening day for me, it seems.

Finally opened up my MC Char's Zaku. Another fantastic toy, but holy crap my Pixel just could not handle the shade of red on this thing! The raw picture had a strong yellow-orange tint to it, and I had to do a lot of color tweaking in Photoshop to get even remotely acceptable shades of red. The real is an even deeper shade of red than what I have here.

Still, love this thing!

1078478735_charszaku01.thumb.jpg.a201cf80bc53729332b9a094463ed525.jpg

Man, all the MB EVA! I've had the original release sitting in a box this whole time too. Just cannot get around to opening it but really need to. I love the original show by the way. But for some reason, I just hear bird noises whenever I think about it.

I hold out for months but at the end can't resist the price at AJ. This new interpretation might not be to everyone's liking but the quality is top notch.

One complaint about the EVA MB base: the base is a bit too slippery. It will be really nice if it is more rubbery. That will make it a lot easier for me to pose it with just a single feet on the base. I cheated by using the rail on the side.