Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Went to NYCC today and this was what I ended up bringing back. I wuz a bad boi.

The shfiguarts gogeta ($55) wasnt an exclusive but the blue flame effects were and bluefin was giving them away for free as a bundle if you bought a certain shfiguarts figs. I wasn't feeling any of the con color exlcusives this year (kid goku, goku black rose, gold freeza or super gohan). Maybe when i go back tmw.

Got the MG clr psycho zaku for $100 better than $200 via proxy or w.e. 

And the $270 strike freedom gundam soul blue version. A nice mobile suit but one I'm not entirely crazy about. Some guy was buying 5 of these at the con and saying "oooo theyre for my friends!" XD

Oh and an odd simpsons fish for my cousin via kidrobot.

20191003_194118.thumb.jpg.63a0857caf2eb317560c3e3c280ba047.jpg20191003_194557.thumb.jpg.62a3057c1aec3f5a5a8d3f610f1c1418.jpg

That's a model isn't it? I don't have time for that stuff. I spend half my day building things already.

Who can turn me on to a minimum 6-7" tall version of this guy in "toy" form? I can't seem to come up with anything but models. Thanks!

20191003_194118.thumb.jpg.63a0857caf2eb317560c3e3c280ba047.jpg

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Popped two more of these out today. It's official. I'm a big toy and a little toy kinda guy. I love me some HMR's!

VF-1S HMR 1.jpg

VF-1S HMR 2.jpg

Pretty cool.  You have extras for different modes.  Roy looks good.  I used my extras to make the rest of the as yet unreleased HMR Skull Squadron and a VF-1S Max.

EF71070A-4AA5-4A63-9017-4C3BF65F2C77.thumb.jpeg.d71c1de80ad9d4fbbea9459f2743b2e1.jpeg

Hot Wheels.

09F6B66C-BD55-46FC-818A-FD58A7F89EC2.thumb.jpeg.133c67566481c02946a2721a448a5d71.jpeg

FB6B5163-9A38-41A6-89C1-FA4E5929D3EC.thumb.jpeg.27d7205f2d3f74535c9105837cb61d58.jpeg

Another DX VF-1A TV Max.

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Pretty cool.  You have extras for different modes.  Roy looks good.  I used my extras to make the rest of the as yet unreleased HMR Skull Squadron and a VF-1S Max.

I don't do the "gotta have the whole fleet" thing much. I do the "I need one for every mode" thing. Sometimes in every scale.:p

I love the Roy. I've got three 1/48's, three 1/60's, three HMR's and three Kitz Concepts (1/72??). I'll get three DX;s when they come out for sure.

I'm kind of a un-box it, pose it and leave it kinda guy. Having non transforming/ non Macross toys is a bit easier on my wallet. That said, I have a ton of Mazingers........

Edited by sqidd

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That's a model isn't it? I don't have time for that stuff. I spend half my day building things already.

Who can turn me on to a minimum 6-7" tall version of this guy in "toy" form? I can't seem to come up with anything but models. Thanks!

Ahh yea sorry I forgot to list the scale 1/100 and yes its a model kit. It's the event exclusive (clear) one. It looks really nice. I didn't get to take a pic of their display booth because I already had my hands full with the MB Strike Freedom. Plus for some reason their display was inside the partitioned booth (it wasn't visible from the outside and seems a little backwards if you wanted more sales from passing foot traffic).

My wife was telling me the other night she missed a toy she had when she was a kid. A stretchy monster> I asked if it was like Stretch Armstrong. She didn't know who that was. So I poked around and it;'s by Kenner??? Whatever. They're all pretty much gone now because they broke open and leaked. Like my wife's. I found this guy (wasn't that hard) doing re-pops of the monsters and has a great reputation for durability. So I got here one. And presented her with it today. Her face was priceless.

He's actually pretty cool.

Monster.jpg

29 minutes ago, sqidd said:

My wife was telling me the other night she missed a toy she had when she was a kid. A stretchy monster> I asked if it was like Stretch Armstrong. She didn't know who that was. So I poked around and it;'s by Kenner??? Whatever. They're all pretty much gone now because they broke open and leaked. Like my wife's. I found this guy (wasn't that hard) doing re-pops of the monsters and has a great reputation for durability. So I got here one. And presented her with it today. Her face was priceless.

Monster.jpg

I totally misread that the first time!  It sounded to me like you were making a joke that your wife once "broke open and leaked" much like her childhood toy did.:rofl:  I was gonna comment about how you generally keep what comes out when that happens to the wife and not so much when a toy does that.

Edited by DewPoint

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Monster.jpg

I had that...It leaked the goop inside. Loved that thing!

6 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I totally misread that the first time!  It sounded to me like you were making a joke that your wife once "broke open and leaked" much like her childhood toy did.:rofl:  I was gonna comment about how you generally keep what comes out when that happens to the wife and not so much when a toy does that.

:rofl:

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I had that...It leaked the goop inside. Loved that thing!

He's super fun! I was stretching him all over the place last night. I got an arm and a leg to stretch about 5'! It didn't feel like it was being stressed at all. I didn't feel like working harder than that though.:p

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Un-boxed this guy while on a conference call today.

Noice!  Was the head laser ok?  Have you transformed it yet?  Most seem to need their hips loosened, so don't force them.

2 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Noice!  Was the head laser ok?  Have you transformed it yet?  Most seem to need their hips loosened, so don't force them.

Head laser was solid.:good:

This one won't be getting transformed. You can see the foot of the other one I have in Battroid. in the pic. I have one more I'll transform for Gerwalk. I didn't have any issues withe the first one I transformed. But I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads up.

@sqidd that's a gorgeous YF-19!

@Kuma Style Nice job there!

Special thanks to @no3Ljm making it possible, for this 1S, to be part of my collection. No3L your packaging job was so incredible, i worked my fingers to the bone, trying to unwrap it. Yes, i am joking, the packaging job was first class, thanks! It shows you care, and that's amazing to me. With that said, most members here have done an incredible job packaging items here in MW. UNLIKE amazon, since their idea of packaging is barely using a box. Check this out :angry: 

20191004_124714.thumb.jpg.7f6bd478fc106e1bf787e674d79161dd.jpg

THERE, PACKAGING! THANKS FOR NOTHING AMAZON. Thankfully the box looks ok, and i have yet to open it. [ NISB Scott Bernard's Alpha is for sale :unknw:

Special thanks to the member who linked the special offer link for the Swordfish II. Sorry, i can't recall who linked it. This is my first ever Cowboy Beebop Ship, and I wanted it 20 years ago. I've always wanted the Swordfish II, and finally the price was just right. A Kawamori design out of the Macross world, is very special to me. It was 45% off, you'd have to a be a robot to pass it off.

20191004_123648.thumb.jpg.46d18db0d1a522d4d34c1e249e149ffd.jpg

I put the boxes up there, because i didn't want anything on the couch... sort of OCD thing. That one in the middle is my very broken,  very floppy, and soon to be dusty, 1st edition ever: Yammie YF-19. I am sure you remember, a while back, his arm disintegrated, while I was gently holding it in my hands. I may have transformed this thing some 10 to 15 times, ever, if that. I need to figure out how to properly glue it together, but for now, it will be in bird mode, flying into that wall.

2005109891_brokenYF-19small.thumb.jpg.3b13f43b690b9382cd5beec4bc4881ee.jpg

I still have all the pieces, I just have to get a very good strong glue to put it back together. Any suggestions?

18 hours ago, sqidd said:

Popped two more of these out today. It's official. I'm a big toy and a little toy kinda guy. I love me some HMR's!

VF-1S HMR 1.jpg

VF-1S HMR 2.jpg

I love these two pictures. Both 1S modes in one pic, very cool.

On the picture bellow, it really looks like he is in action aiming at a target. Very cool pose. 

Edited by vlenhoff

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

Sexy box photoshoot! :D

Mine just arrived today from NY also! Earlier than expected!

I have to take pics of the 4 unofficial mode of a Valkyrie,  Box Mode.   :lol:

7 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

What the heck? I swore you already shot Max? Is this another?

Yes you are correct I posted a few Max shots, but I'll processing the hangar shots soon.

52 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

That's one crystal clear camera! B))

I am pretty impressed with it.

4 hours ago, totallyjem said:

Where is the swordfish II from??? (please dont be hlj)

It is from 45.90 from Amazon Prime [US] with free shipping. Not sure if it was discounted for regular Amazon users, prob it was. 

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Got another Marvel Legends Dani Moonstar in a trade.  I only paid $8 for the trade item.

Nice!

Edited by vlenhoff

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

赤い彗星のシャア!

Not a new purchase, but finally had time to Char's Zaku out of the box.

48835258813_cfa4649309_h.jpg

I have this guy. For some reason he doesn't look as good as yours.;)

Got a pick how the "bazooka" is clipped in?

Edited by sqidd