Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Thanks @Slave IV

I’m no photog, was just messing around with phone app filters. But Fext Hobby’s Sci-Fi 03 clear panels does a great job not only in diffusing the light, but somehow gives a multi-layered effect as well.

Your pic of Amazing Yamaguchi Deathstroke reminded me to look for this figure again. I really love this line as well! 

35 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Sweet! That’s some incredible use of lighting. The first pic especially looks like a painting. 

Make me almost wish that someone with actual talent and a love for Macross would do a comic in that universe using the mechs we have todate to keep costs down and ensure a good run.

Might seem hoaky, but I rather artists spend time coming up with a good story and drawing non-mechs, since there are already 3D models for them.

Guess I'm just thirsty for some moar Macross.  When's that new Delta movie gonna be done already?

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Thanks @Slave IV

I’m no photog, was just messing around with phone app filters. But Fext Hobby’s Sci-Fi 03 clear panels does a great job not only in diffusing the light, but somehow gives a multi-layered effect as well.

Your pic of Amazing Yamaguchi Deathstroke reminded me to look for this figure again. I really love this line as well! 

Yeah, I want those translucent pieces bad! I just don’t want the background because I have a bunch of other ones that unfortunately didn’t come with any translucent parts. 

And yeah, AY figures are fantastic. I’ve been getting them all. 

2 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Make me almost wish that someone with actual talent and a love for Macross would do a comic in that universe using the mechs we have todate to keep costs down and ensure a good run.

Might seem hoaky, but I rather artists spend time coming up with a good story and drawing non-mechs, since there are already 3D models for them.

Guess I'm just thirsty for some moar Macross.  When's that new Delta movie gonna be done already?

Do you mean a comic made with toy photography? I love that kinda stuff but also love beautiful, hand drawn art. I’ll take either because the comics we have here (for Robotech) are garbage. Or manly, just give me more anime. 

Edited by Slave IV

22 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Agreed!

I did just get this guy.

Mazinger.jpg

If you don’t care about having the classic look, those Metal Build Mazingers are the best, imo. If you do want classic, the several SOC options are all great in their own way. But...

I heard you like big toys. :D You may want to look into the SOC DX Great Mazinger. Oh how I wish I forked out for one of those when I had the chance. 

Edited by Slave IV

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

If you don’t care about having the classic look, those Metal Build Mazingers are the best, imo. If you do want classic, the several SOC options are all great in their own way. But...

I heard you like big toys. :D You may want to look into the SOC DX Great Mazinger. Oh how I wish I forked out for one of those when I had the chance. 

I have a GX-75 Mazinkaiser on the way.

I do want one of those HUGE SOC Mazingers (I can't remember the number). Boy oh boy, they're all the money though.

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oooooooooo, I just found a pretty good deal on one.......annnnd bought it.:yahoo:

Edited by sqidd

10 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

48765413548_c1d5dcd849_h.jpg

I like these guys a lot.

SG MP-10 vs MP-44 vs MP-36.

Looks like that Megs is not having success in taking SG Prime down.

6 hours ago, tekering said:

I just acquired one of these working 1:24 scale arcade cabinets...  ^_^

1101590897_defendingthegame.thumb.jpg.451a56bf27894183a7cae5ca4d4a71e4.jpg

Going back old style with the Pac Man Arcade game and the Ghost in the Shell figs. ;)

I posted some of these before, but I've been getting more and holding out for a full group shot.  The only thing left is the Aliens Warrior (I chose blue, no sense getting both blue and brown variants) which is due this month hopefully.  That will be the first one to come with an egg and facehugger which will complete the set.  Personally, I think the original Aliens prototype that comes with the Hadley's Hope set (inc. Burke and the sign) is much better than the one that Cameron chose to go with that has an exposed skull.  I didn't get any of the other human figures because I just wanted one of each different type/stage/hybrid alien, but I had to have the Cat power loader and of course a Ripley to operate it.  I consider Ripley8 from Resurrection to be a hybrid alien, so I had to have her as well.  And I wouldn't have gotten David8 if he didn't come in a lot with Deacon for the same price as Deacon alone, but he's pretty important, so I'll keep him.  I also got Vickers with said lot which I'll send to anyone who wants her for free plus shipping.  Oh, and I agree with Ridley Scott; AvP isn't canon. :ph34r:

Also pictured here is one that wasn't in any movie.  :spiteful: Can you tell which it is and where it came from? :pardon:

2035476606_00Fullset.thumb.jpg.582440213e4aa63854648714c8a9ba45.jpg66618414_01Pro02Cov.thumb.jpg.8d486a928af6e1232e2782cdc7951fb8.jpg2062081425_03BigChap.thumb.jpg.514454fe792e01123a2c548c3869c3bf.jpg04Aliens.thumb.jpg.0a3e9a4541beff852bd809eda00f2b5c.jpg05Dog.thumb.jpg.95d2006a0af3d1c764f6465a4540e663.jpg06Rez.thumb.jpg.cf9b94113f832256ccf9c629bc4a19b2.jpg

Oh, and the Cat power loader didn't come with a light up rotating warning light, so I looked to the RC community for one and found this LED version.  I'm not yet sure if it actually rotates or just flashes as there weren't any directions or specs, but it looks like it has LEDs all the way around in a circle inside.  This was made by Integy and is the yellow 10mm version.  It's almost exactly the same size.

00loaderlite.thumb.jpg.701f6c2bb6a441f95b46ea293cdeba8a.jpg

14 hours ago, Pontus said:

Also pictured here is one that wasn't in any movie.  :spiteful: Can you tell which it is and where it came from? :pardon:

04Aliens.thumb.jpg.0a3e9a4541beff852bd809eda00f2b5c.jpg

That Xenomorph right there, which is clearly based on the suits used in Aliens... except the skull's not exposed.

34 minutes ago, tekering said:

That Xenomorph right there, which is clearly based on the suits used in Aliens... except the skull's not exposed.

Well, you got me on a technicality, but I was actually referring to the one above Big Chap that's from Alien Isolation. You're right though, the one above is a prototype for Aliens, but Cameron chose to leave the skull exposed instead.  Personally, I like this one better.  Why would they suddenly have exposed sk... no.  Wait.  Don't start applying logic to the Alien franchise.

Btw, that "newborn" from Rez is downright LEWD!  I was planning on displaying it at work, but it's a bit nsfw.  I was also disappointed that it doesn't have human eyes like it does in the movie.

Edited by Pontus

On 9/20/2019 at 6:58 PM, connor99 said:

This...

41BAFC55-B6F9-4080-B70C-743333F5CC9D.jpeg

73E9B31F-D9DD-4582-A02E-6383C3EE8B48.jpeg

Digging this.  There's something about obscure toys that I really like.  Or even obscure versions of toys.  I'm a vintage collector and I have a fair number of Convertors, the trashy second- to second-rate Gobots that never made it to fabled 80's toy lore.  They just languished in the dustbin of collecting history, but seem to be gaining momentum these days.  Not saying this is trashy, but obviously different from the MetalBuild and Fix Fig lines, both high end.

Yes! Achievement unlocked!  :yahoo:

success-jpg.28402666

I've been wanting -- nay, needing this rare bird ever since I became aware of its existence:

vf-x-box-jpg.28402665

vf-xa-jpg.28402663

vf-x-behind-jpg.28402662

vf-x-gerwalk-jpg.28402664

vf-x-fighter-jpg.28402661

It's proven difficult to find (at least, at a decent price), but my collection wouldn't be complete without it!  :D

I mean, technically they did, but only the display model to advertise their kit version.

I think the only three Yammies I never got are the VFX, Angelbirds, and Cavaliers, but I only really regretted the VFX.  Of course then I went and compensated by buying too many of all the rest of them. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal