Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Un-boxed the Kits Concepts Roy last night. Ya know, for the money. This guy is not too bad. It's more on the "toy" end of the spectrum. It's no HMR. But, it actually looks pretty good, has a lot of detail and the price/size ratio is pretty damn stout. This is definitely the one you get friends as a present.

That said, the neon green stand makes me want to throw up in my moth a little.:sorry:

Roy 1.jpg

Edited by sqidd

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Un-boxed the Kits Concepts Roy last night. Ya know, for the money. This guy is not too bad. It's more on the "toy" end of the spectrum. It's no HMR. But, it actually looks pretty good, has a lot of detail and the price/size ratio is pretty damn stout. This is definitely the one you get friends as a present.

That said, the neon green stand makes me want to throw up in my moth a little.:sorry:

Roy 1.jpg

Cool! Are you saying it doesn't even come close to HMR quality in your opinion? I still haven't brought myself to buying one of these and if that's what you are saying, I may never buy one. Either way, I'm hoping the price drops before I make any decision.

24 minutes ago, sqidd said:

ED209.jpg

Nice Ed!

36 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Cool! Are you saying it doesn't even come close to HMR quality in your opinion? I still haven't brought myself to buying one of these and if that's what you are saying, I may never buy one. Either way, I'm hoping the price drops before I make any decision.

Nice Ed!

The feel of the HMR's is better (I don't have a Roy specifically to compare too though yet). It's "plastic'y". But it looks pretty good. It has more size to it than a HMR. They're woth it for the right deal.

23 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The feel of the HMR's is better (I don't have a Roy specifically to compare too though yet). It's "plastic'y". But it looks pretty good. It has more size to it than a HMR. They're woth it for the right deal.

OK, that's the sense I've got from reviews so far. Thanks! It has about the same desireability to me as the 1/60 KO figures which means a sub $100 buy point for a VF-1 w/ SS Parts.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

OK, that's the sense I've got from reviews so far. Thanks! It has about the same desireability to me as the 1/60 KO figures which means a sub $100 buy point for a VF-1 w/ SS Parts.

I agree, it's not terribly "desirable".

15 hours ago, sqidd said:

Now, why would you want to bury your pet moth in puke?  That's just mean... poor thing.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist taking advantage of that typo. :sorry:   :p

Finally got the Hulk I've been waiting for!

Marvel_ML_80th_Hulk.thumb.jpg.a01ea66b3248dd0a5abdbc11b70fc12e.jpg

What a great figure!

Marvel_ML_80th_Hulk_vs_Wolverine.thumb.jpg.aace28e5c05ca0d1cecf2993576e15c7.jpg

This Wolverine ain't bad either!

Marvel_Mafex_Venom.thumb.jpg.e4966404c9c3ce61ba8756e414ab0aef.jpg

Mafex Venom...very nice. Way better then that Evil Gwenpool Mafex I got recently.

Marvel_Venom_vs_Wolverine.thumb.jpg.140bc32219d9ce6f80158c9029f70407.jpgMarvel_Hulk_and_Wolverine_vs_Venom.thumb.jpg.15c81b0b485a7b64b8a3549f2f24835a.jpg

Woohoo!

But I also got this.

1748348691_AmazingYamaguchi_Deathstroke.thumb.jpg.121c3f7edd3a533a2e4aa8f479eefc39.jpg

HOT DAMN! There is a reason I keep saying Amazing Yamaguchi is the best line in comic style toys ever! This thing blows away the competition with better sculpt, better paint, better feel, better articulation, better accessories, better packaging, better attention to detail and just once again proves the passion they have for producing definitive figures for comic book fans.  :wub:Amazing Yamaguchi!

Another 1/60 Focker went in this morning (Batroid). The ol Focker shelf is starting to fill out. It's going to need the Yeti stand treatment soon (there are a bunch inbound).

From left to right:

-Yamato 1/48

-I think that's  little Chara Works deal.

-Arcadia 1/60

-Arcadia 1/60

-Arcadia 1/60

-Kitz Concepts 1/72

I need some 1/48 DX"s!:yahoo:

Focker.jpg

Edited by sqidd

As Bandai's been dragging their feet to release the HMR Tomahawk, I went ahead to purchase Yamato's 1/60 Tomahawk instead. Based on jenius's review, it has that loose ankles and even looser waist joint, so extreme poses will be a challenge, but overall I'm quite loving the figure as a chunky, 80's mech design. The included ground crew figures were also a nice touch, as they give a nice sense of scale to the Tomahawk.  :wub:

qYIoO5u.jpg

6gvm0Sm.jpg

Edited by MKT

5 minutes ago, MKT said:

As Bandai's been dragging their feet to release the HMR Tomahawk, I went ahead to purchase Yamato's 1/60 Tomahawk instead. Based on jenius's review, it has that loose ankles and even looser waist joint, so extreme poses will be a challenge, but overall I'm quite loving the figure as a chunky, 80's mech design. The included ground crew figures were also a nice touch, as they gives a nice sense of scale to the Tomahawk if they were all displayed on their own.  :wub:

qYIoO5u.jpg

6gvm0Sm.jpg

Sweet! That’s some incredible use of lighting. The first pic especially looks like a painting.