Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

My first HLJ shipment and  arrived in two days (DHL) here in my Post office :shok:  I think this is a new record, also very lucky to get this EX Saint Seiya reissue figure it appear out of nowhere on the HLJ page after some Saint Seiya search. :D 

image.png.bfd013a18a016fd07eed33412373c11b.png

12 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Looking forward to seeing it built!! 

B))

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

NICE!  Bandai totally needs to TWE this in HMR!!!

Thanks.  Yeah enemy mecha for the various Macross HMR lines is nice.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Score!  :D

score.thumb.jpg.0897b877f5d4bac30e02f9011994e2fe.jpg

Still untouched, after all these years.  ^_^

untouched.thumb.jpg.f203f3bce76ac9d082cce3acc9f12092.jpg

Cool.  One day I will own one or two of those.  One to keep in the box.

7A0068D4-89B2-4934-8F8D-5D6481A6819C.thumb.jpeg.b1ab2453bda1a34fd096760753b1c253.jpeg

Moscato 1/500 Z-Army Party Wagon and School Bus.

3F5F0523-C068-4B68-AC85-4568FB115E72.thumb.jpeg.5b51362e4a7c73a1890dfe3442b2bae2.jpeg

87C04A89-FB4D-4D30-89BD-2972438C4B93.thumb.jpeg.fd950b69fa88b311863e53f97eefc076.jpeg

Hot Wheels Retro BTTF Time Machine 1955 version 2 and Ford Super De Luxe.

FB329563-BAC0-4894-A0B2-2570FA935D2A.thumb.jpeg.da45760c73610104304c2a939066f47a.jpeg

NECA Alien Ressurection Ripley 8.

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

1:18?

You'd better believe it!  :p

304873901_seekingpilot.jpg.aaf1f48ea9af4a6652511c2e5c2f21ca.jpg

Perfect for your GI Joe or Star Wars figures (which you'll probably need 'cause it doesn't include any pilots, and you're never gonna find appropriate figures for it).  

3 hours ago, tekering said:

You'd better believe it!  :p

Perfect for your GI Joe or Star Wars figures (which you'll probably need 'cause it doesn't include any pilots, and you're never gonna find appropriate figures for it).  

How much was it? and shut up and take my money!

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

How much was it? and shut up and take my money!

Don't be so hasty, my friend...  The JSI F-14A is a considerable responsibility to take on.  It represents a significant investment of money and space, and should not be bought on impulse.  This is a piece to be coveted and appreciated, not locked away in a closet.

3080.thumb.JPG.bc9f4b0510b4774fd357891cf7adb7c8.JPG

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

A resin cast of BBI's F-18 pilot, that requires assembly and painting, and costs $100 USD shipped?  :huh:

F-14piloten-80er-043.jpg

Thanks, but no thanks.  <_<

There's gotta be a better option than that...!  I'll keep looking.

16 minutes ago, tekering said:

Don't be so hasty, my friend...  The JSI F-14A is a considerable responsibility to take on.  It represents a significant investment of money and space, and should not be bought on impulse.  This is a piece to be coveted and appreciated, not locked away in a closet.

A resin cast of BBI's F-18 pilot, that requires assembly and painting, and costs $100 USD shipped?  :huh:

DEAR SWEET MOSES!!! Now THAT is 100% AWESOME! Congrats! 

Edited by derex3592

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Was it $2000 or more?

No, but it's apparently worth that much...!  :o

I'm amazed how much the BBI/Elite Force/JSI stuff has appreciated in value over the last fifteen years.  My fleet must be worth a fortune!  ^_^

2018372936_theBBIfleet.thumb.jpg.baca95412c3ffbecda48c2a47feee377.jpg

14 hours ago, tekering said:

Sweet Jeebus. It is like a pet baby eagle... or Tomcat...

Hmm, I thought the pilots would look smaller, but i guess that is 1:18, yeah. 

Edited by vlenhoff

On 8/16/2019 at 1:58 PM, Slave IV said:

it is odd for me to prefer mostly non-transforming mecha over transforming ones in a line. It's just that they seem to put the extra effort into engineering the articulation and providing quality materials when they don't need to worry about transforming. The figures have so much personality and "life" in them.

Couldn't agree more with you.  And I have the same guilt-tripping going on too.  I just chalk it up at the end of the day that we're all obsessed with robots, so the quintessential engineering that goes into them pretty much puts everything else to the side, and boils it all down to its essence.  

Either that or the robot modes always end up suffering in one form or another, especially with the butterfly effect on the backpacks of the Frontiers and Deltas, so much so that the pure joy of the vehicle mode ends up sacrificing a bit of the robot mode.  An itch I still need to scratch, and end up doing that with the mecha.

5 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

Couldn't agree more with you.  And I have the same guilt-tripping going on too.  I just chalk it up at the end of the day that we're all obsessed with robots, so the quintessential engineering that goes into them pretty much puts everything else to the side, and boils it all down to its essence.  

Either that or the robot modes always end up suffering in one form or another, especially with the butterfly effect on the backpacks of the Frontiers and Deltas, so much so that the pure joy of the vehicle mode ends up sacrificing a bit of the robot mode.  An itch I still need to scratch, and end up doing that with the mecha.

Most definitely! However, I’m only referring to the HMR line when I say I prefer the non transforming releases though. A big part of it what I mentioned before about the extra effort they seem to put in them. Another big factor is that as good as the HMR  get, they aren’t beating 1/60 or 1/48 versions from Arcadia or the DX line so they got that to go up against too. Also, there isn’t really much non transforming stuff to compare in other lines. Another big plus for HMR overall. I’m the end, I collect way too much stuff, lol!

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Most definitely! However, I’m only referring to the HMR line when I say I prefer the non transforming releases though. A big part of it what I mentioned before about the extra effort they seem to put in them. Another big factor is that as good as the HMR  get, they aren’t beating 1/60 or 1/48 versions from Arcadia or the DX line so they got that to go up against too. Also, there isn’t really much non transforming stuff to compare in other lines. Another big plus for HMR overall. I’m the end, I collect way too much stuff, lol!

Who makes non transforming Valks?

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

There's actually a few non-transforming valkyries, though they tend to be cheaper and smaller items.

Doyusha made several 1/144 scale diecast fighter mode valkyries.

Yamato made a line of Battroid figures (GnU Dou)

There's various gatcha toys, like the Bandai 1/250 fighter collection.

The one larger scale I'm aware of is the 1/72 Calibre Wings diecast VF-1S fighter that was just released (still waiting on my copy).

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

You got your answer above and just to add, Revo made some as well in Battroid mode.

But our discussion was mainly about the non-transforming mecha in the HMR line...The Destroids and stuff from other series.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:33 AM, tekering said:

Thanks, but no thanks.  <_<

There's gotta be a better option than that...!  I'll keep looking.

That looks soooo much better with the crappy weathering splotches stripped.  She's a beauty!  I am a little surprised they molded the intake ramps closed, but I guess that just means it's meant to be flying. ^_^ 

I'm actually sad I didn't grab more of the 1/18 fighters when they were around, I had meant to grab the F-86 and MiG-15.  I did wind up getting the USAF F-104 though, and that's a beauty.  For the most part, I stuck with the 1/32 releases they did, since they were just a lot easier to store and display, but they never got past WWII aircraft in that series, that I know of.

Far as pilot figures are concerned, I want to say some of the more recent GI Joe figures might work for at least a body, but you'd probably want to cast/print some better helmets.

On 8/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Slave IV said:

You got your answer above and just to add, Revo made some as well in Battroid mode.

But our discussion was mainly about the non-transforming mecha in the HMR line...The Destroids and stuff from other series.

LOL it's hard to jump on these threads midway through.  Stand by my comments (any excuse to keep collecting!), but totally get you on the HMR mecha.  They're the standouts of the line.  They steal the show in my opinion, as evidenced by the fact that I don't have a single valkyrie from the entire line, only mecha.  Don't have them all, but the really juicy ones (Monster - by far the best ever made -, the two Regults, and the Glaug.  I've always longed for these really critical counterparts to the valkyries in the Macross universe.  Before the HMR line came along, there's never really been a satisfactory alternative.  The Matchbox monstrosities were really never that great to begin with, even by vintage standards, and the nostalgia factor didn't make up for the fact that they sucked as toys.  Revoltechs don't count in my opinion, which leaves you with the occasional Takatoku, and the 1/100 line back in the day were really only curiosities in my opinion.  But boy, when Bandai came along, they really hit it out of the park with the HMR line in that respect.  Totally love em for that.

13 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

LOL it's hard to jump on these threads midway through.  Stand by my comments (any excuse to keep collecting!), but totally get you on the HMR mecha.  They're the standouts of the line.  They steal the show in my opinion, as evidenced by the fact that I don't have a single valkyrie from the entire line, only mecha.  Don't have them all, but the really juicy ones (Monster - by far the best ever made -, the two Regults, and the Glaug.  I've always longed for these really critical counterparts to the valkyries in the Macross universe.  Before the HMR line came along, there's never really been a satisfactory alternative.  The Matchbox monstrosities were really never that great to begin with, even by vintage standards, and the nostalgia factor didn't make up for the fact that they sucked as toys.  Revoltechs don't count in my opinion, which leaves you with the occasional Takatoku, and the 1/100 line back in the day were really only curiosities in my opinion.  But boy, when Bandai came along, they really hit it out of the park with the HMR line in that respect.  Totally love em for that.

Yeah, I was originally going to pass on HMR completely...until I saw the Regult. Then after I got it in hand and was blown away, I got all in on it. Gotta have some Valks to go with those sweet mecha which is one of the best parts about the line to me...display options!

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I was originally going to pass on HMR completely...until I saw the Regult. Then after I got it in hand and was blown away, I got all in on it. Gotta have some Valks to go with those sweet mecha which is one of the best parts about the line to me...display options!

I feel so dumb for not having gotten a Regult or two.  Wish they'd do another run of them.