Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

For those that have watched John Wick 3:

2 Dogs = 1 Wolf ;)

Or would you prefer:

Duke:  " You ain't got no problem, soldier.  I'm on the mutha-effa'.  Go back in there, chill them Cobras out, and wait for the Wolf who should be coming directly."

I haven't bought any Transformers in a while and wasn't planning on getting this one but with Grimlock coming soon, I was itching and couldn't resist.

Transformers_GP_Sludge_Dino1.thumb.jpg.bfa1eb986df7a31819ec15f75d17eb60.jpg

Loving it! 

The seller was nice enough to throw in an ugly little buddy to go with it as a free surprise in the shipping box:

1458611320_Transformers_GPSludge_AOEGrimlock.thumb.jpg.fc47cef66b9e6dcdf8b25a113931216f.jpg

Let my daughter play with and take a few pics of the AOE Grimlock

330296530_Transformers_AOE_Grimlock2.thumb.jpg.c83a366eb5e03ca41ff9b91310582887.jpgTransformers_AOE_Grimlock.thumb.jpg.b7b3bfc6689d1954cd838cae98593685.jpg

9 hours ago, Mog said:

Yup, I've had them doing that for YEARS;  figure M&M are the only two who could pull something like that off.

gallery_3595_265_161481.jpg

I think we need to censor this. Her cone is touching his leg. Her wings are wide open at the back, and there is clear gun contact.

22 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I think we need to censor this. Her cone is touching his leg. Her wings are wide open at the back, and there is clear gun contact.

Oh come on, you could never lead a Gancho without a little cone contact.

It was a good weekend. On Friday I got a 1/55 Super Ostrich after hunting on and off for 25 years or so. (And then on Sunday I finally got to see Guitar Wolf after trying unsuccessfully for nearly 20 years)

super_ostrich1.JPG.d4406e3438f4f17775ee7275f6254b60.JPG

super_ostrich2.JPG.8e8db2b1e4262df9b093887aa8f3faaa.JPG

super_ostrich3.JPG.9d2495bc5f4ce8dec3700db09d49c613.JPG

Thank you

39 minutes ago, jenius said:

Nice score! I miss the one I sold... But I miss my elintseeker more.

23 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Amazing score there Bad Larry! That VT-1 looks like it's in immaculate condition, the VE-1 looks amazing as well! B))

Thanks folks. It is in great shape. (knock on wood) I was burned by one years ago that was supposed to be "complete" but arrived with armor broken in 4 places. I was so nervous about this one I filmed myself receiving the package from the mail carrier, then opening it and inspecting the toy - just in case something was amiss.

Thank you

On 5/18/2019 at 10:59 PM, Tking22 said:

Stranger Things Lego set is in! Pretty damn clever on Lego's part, the trees act as the base and both houses "float" in the middle. Very sturdy build, zero worries about things falling apart or tipping over.

Highly recommended if you're a fan of the show, or just want a neat build with good detail.

IMG_20190518_205519068.thumb.jpg.1cf77796988cd8e8f98d294fa12ffe1e.jpg

IMG_20190518_205549470.thumb.jpg.ff3b36256dc4050b2f93deb0b281521f.jpg

IMG_20190518_205614118.thumb.jpg.1159452aad5bbc8c831020bc18f15a73.jpg

That's a good looking lego set. I still haven't seen this show yet but I hear it's old school fun.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Congrats! I take it you found it for a good deal? How much?

Thanks @Slave IV! It was a decent deal ($170 shipped) far better than what some sites are pricing it at.  Bought it off another collector, its in great shape and was just displayed.

9 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thanks @Slave IV! It was a decent deal ($170 shipped) far better than what some sites are pricing it at.  Bought it off another collector, its in great shape and was just displayed.

Definitely not bad at all considering how much I've seen it go for. Very nice!

Just now, Slave IV said:

Yen? The most I saw it for was $300-$400. But I mostly stopped looking once it reached over $200.

Dollars. IIRC it was mind boggling expensive to get one in such good shape back then. There was no Yamato, or anything else. Maybe if i looked hard enough I would have been able to find better prices, but i recall the hobby being way too expensive for me, back then.

16 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Dollars. IIRC it was mind boggling expensive to get one in such good shape back then. There was no Yamato, or anything else. Maybe if i looked hard enough I would have been able to find better prices, but i recall the hobby being way too expensive for me, back then.

I just realized you must be talking about the Chunky VT-1. I was talking about the Mechagodzilla. :lol:

Edited by Slave IV

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Definitely not bad at all considering how much I've seen it go for. Very nice!

I had a brief moment where I almost did not pull the trigger, but thought about and went for it.  Lol

46 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I just realized you must be talking about the Chunky VT-1. I was talking about the Mechagodzilla. :lol:

:lol: it’s all the same, prices just climbing. :shok:

Edited by Saburo

Starting from December, I’ve acquired several 1/100 diecast aircraft:

F-14A Jolly Rogers

F-14A Tomcatters

F-15J

Harrier GR.9

A-6E

MiG-29 SMT

F/A-18E

A-10C

F-22

F-16CJ

F-4EJ

F-35A

Just like HMR for me it’s quite addicting.

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, the chunky monkeys. Spceialy the rare ones 

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

F-14A Jolly Rogers

F-14A Tomcatters

F-15J

Harrier GR.9

A-6E

MiG-29 SMT

F/A-18E

A-10C

F-22

F-16CJ

F-4EJ

F-35A

Badass! I love to see groups of elements in relatively the same scale. 

A few years ago i got me a metal 1/48 F-14, to go with the 1/48 birds. 

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

F-14A Jolly Rogers

F-14A Tomcatters

F-15J

Harrier GR.9

A-6E

MiG-29 SMT

F/A-18E

A-10C

F-22

F-16CJ

F-4EJ

F-35A

Impressive, most impressive. 

Sadly, I got a few 1/144 aircraft shortly before HMR made its comeback. Then I got the 1/72 Calibre Wings F-14 because of the hype. None of them scale with anything and I’m not buying that Kitzconcept Valk anytime soon, lol!

I do have a bunch of models I built when I was a kid but scales were all over the place. I might have some 1/60 and 1/48 stuff but have to dig them out to check. 

11 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Badass! I love to see groups of elements in relatively the same scale. 

A few years ago i got me a metal 1/48 F-14, to go with the 1/48 birds. 

Thanks!  The F-16 should be coming in soon with a F-117 to add to the list.  Wow I bet that 1/48 F-14 is huge.

9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Impressive, most impressive. 

Sadly, I got a few 1/144 aircraft shortly before HMR made its comeback. Then I got the 1/72 Calibre Wings F-14 because of the hype. None of them scale with anything and I’m not buying that Kitzconcept Valk anytime soon, lol!

I do have a bunch of models I built when I was a kid but scales were all over the place. I might have some 1/60 and 1/48 stuff but have to dig them out to check. 

Thanks.  Maybe just get one in 1/100 scale and go from there.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks!  The F-16 should be coming in soon with a F-117 to add to the list.  Wow I bet that 1/48 F-14 is huge.

Thanks.  Maybe just get one in 1/100 scale and go from there.

Go down that rabbit hole? After seeing where it got you?:D

Just got this, I already have a Hasbro MP 10, but this transform Element optimus is so much better. I guess it's based of the MP 44 soon to be released but the price of that is ridiculous. 

15585363664131899820767142031922.jpg

7 minutes ago, Dirtyboy said:

Just got this, I already have a Hasbro MP 10, but this transform Element optimus is so much better. I guess it's based of the MP 44 soon to be released but the price of that is ridiculous. 

15585363664131899820767142031922.jpg

Aside from some "soft" looking molding in the details on the legs it looks like a fantastic replica of the Cartoon.

1 hour ago, Dirtyboy said:

TE-01 is a brilliant figure, MP of the year so far for me. Agreed, MP-44 pricing is absurd, even at the Amazon Japan price of roughly $300+, that's too much. TE-01 isn't really based on MP-44, it's just based on toon/movie Optimus, which MP-44 is as well, so they both look incredibly similar. If you're interested, check out TFW2005 for member Jream, he makes a cheap, but very nice little vinyl add-on set, covers for the exposed silver bits on the sides of the legs, and vinyl covers for the chest, two shades of blue and a toon centric cartoon window version as well, in one bundle, for like $10 shipped.