Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Busy month.

MarchMacross.JPG

Looks great man!  The Vermillion squad is something that I've always wanted.

Nice pick on the Zeong, how do you like it?

It's pretty cool, I wasn't going to get it at first but wanted all of Char's suits.  I'm loving the anime line, it's a lot of fun to play with.  Looking forward to the 0083 mechs.  I hope they release all of them and the rest of 0080.

That and silent mode were awesome. I would pretend to use those all the time when I was a kid.

Oh yeah, Silent Mode was cool too! Almost forgot about it. Same deal on Airwolf, lol!

Got some hands for Marvel Legends Shadow King.

Nice! I really need to get that whole wave x2.

Oh yeah, Silent Mode was cool too! Almost forgot about it. Same deal on Airwolf, lol!

Nice! I really need to get that whole wave x2.

I wish there was a release of a 1/18 scale diecast Airwolf.

Thanks!  I love how the hands look.

Let’s see what comes in today.

Edited by sh9000

I told myself I wouldn't but finally got Minmay.

I liked it even though some complained of the discolored joints (but I kinda like that, lends realism I guess).  It's nice to have a decent articulated figure (other than the silly sleeves getting in the way).  My complaints are mostly with the display stand that doesn't fit, you have to remove the bow to use it, and the hair gets in the way.  It's also expensive and robotech branded :bad: $#%@ you harmony gold!

So, I won 4 chunky monkeys via Yahoo Auctions via Buyee.

For those who have not used Buyee as a proxy before, here is total cost breakdown....

64,050 yen for the 4 valkyries

3,470 yen for domestic shipping from seller to Buyee

1,000 yen consolidation fee

11,200 yen shipping to the United States

TOTAL  79,720 yen.... and this is after having used a coupon that took off 3,062 yen.

*sigh* At least they should be arriving tomorrow.

P.S.

Advice for you guys out there with girlfriends/wives/etc....  NEVER do certain romantic things with her after having eaten habaneros.  I have been dying in pain for the past 2 days!    My fiance is soooo going to be buying me a valkyrie for this!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

For those who have not used Buyee as a proxy before, here is total cost breakdown....

TOTAL  79,720 yen.... and this is after having used a coupon that took off 3,062 yen.

P.S.

Advice for you guys out there with girlfriends/wives/etc....  NEVER do certain romantic things with her after having eaten habaneros.  I have been dying in pain for the past 2 days!    My fiance is soooo going to be buying me a valkyrie for this!

Wow! That's a new spending chunky spree, Shizuka-chan? :shok: Coz I remember you just purchase or won chunkys before, right?

Your postscript is so broad for me to think a lot of stuff so I'm not going to tackle that. And good thing that I don't eat habaneros so my wife is super safe from whatever pain you're having. ^_^

Where did you get your metal builds?  Are there any left at a decent price?

the MB Eva was a PO (mykombini), while the MB Crossbone was from Yahoo auctions Japan which I got for around Y26k yen or almost Y27k yen including domestic shipping.  For MB Eva, current retail is already at >30k yen and the same with Yahoo Auctions. So I think it's better to wait for a reissue as Bandai hinted that they might produce it again. As for Crossbone, I think you can still get it below 30k yen on Yahoo Auctions.

P.S.

That's not so bad.  I spent:

$938.33 for round trip tickets

$390.86 for 7 nights in a Hotel in Tokyo

$518.70 for 7 nights in Kyoto

and 12000 yen at the Mandarake Complex for:

155VF1A.JPG.53968e91ae7e72dfd6b1afb1eddc4bcf.JPG

That's like $1950.00 for a 1/55 Brownie!  Not to mention the other $1000.00 I spent on food and gifts.

Wow, you guys make me feel so much better about my spending habits lately.  Whenever I feel guilty about what I just bought or the inevitable lecture from the warden -- er, I mean wife -- I come to this thread to feel better.  :lol: 

Speaking of which, two more hard-to-find valks down... only five canon valks left to go in 1/48 or 1/60 scale; too bad the remaining ones are as rare as pink unicorns and cost more than both of my kids' college funds combined! :wacko:

IMAG1896.jpg.59304c39b9af7c5a79fb490794192cf3.jpg

PS: Shizuka: your ambiguous comment has my dirty mind wandering, and now I feel like I need to take a long cleansing shower...

IMAG1944_1.jpg

Edited by dafob

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Here’s a culmination of more than a few months of shipper boxes I just opened.  Currently sitting in the hall.  Don’t know what to do with them. 

C7F947CD-83DC-4D87-8703-AA68FA15CF92.jpeg

That’s a big Tamashii box for a Figuarts. Bigger than a DX box. :shok:

How big is Figuarts Zero Broly compared to a S.H.Figuarts?

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That’s a big Tamashii box for a Figuarts. Bigger than a DX box. :shok:

How big is Figuarts Zero Broly compared to a S.H.Figuarts?

Yeah I don’t know. Maybe you just gave me a reason to open it.  

Edit:  not super big. Big box though. 

C5D583F6-FE83-4E48-BCF5-45853CF59DA7.jpeg

Edited by ErikElvis
New pic

3 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Yeah I don’t know. Maybe you just gave me a reason to open it.  

Edit:  not super big. Big box though. 

C5D583F6-FE83-4E48-BCF5-45853CF59DA7.jpeg

Looks like it's in-scale. It's just weird to have a big box. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

EFED15E9-DFAB-4EF8-926B-681A2F961FE4.thumb.jpeg.3aaf62cad73a319eec5c6e9743c61552.jpeg

Nice. :good:

18 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

P.S.

Think I saw this come up on a recent "Today I Effed Up" reddit post.

Thoughts and prayers on a speedy recovery.

And by all means, get the valk!

Couldn’t believe I found this. Incredible condition like 1984 new. Most beautiful Valk I’ve ever laid eyes on.

Story is that it come from Kawamori’s personal collection in the 80’s to the collector I purchased from. No documentation to prove but based on it’s condition, I’ve no reason to doubt it.

EFAEAEAD-3458-479E-BB8F-F689A1B0B6DA.jpeg

4011AFD7-6DCD-4D92-B9AC-7EF99C040A14.jpeg

7 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Couldn’t believe I found this. Incredible condition like 1984 new. Most beautiful Valk I’ve ever laid eyes on.

Story is that it come from Kawamori’s personal collection in the 80’s to the collector I purchased from. No documentation to prove but based on it’s condition, I’ve no reason to doubt it.

EFAEAEAD-3458-479E-BB8F-F689A1B0B6DA.jpeg

That was on my list of Chunky Monkeys to get... When I finally saw the listing price for that, that became a "Holy Grail" right after that. :blink:

@Shizuka the Cat - Did you look for this this version as well? I bet it was way out of your price range.  

7 minutes ago, borgified said:

That was on my list of Chunky Monkeys to get... When I finally saw the listing price for that, that became a "Holy Grail" right after that. :blink:

@Shizuka the Cat - Did you look for this this version as well? I bet it was way out of your price range.  

Yeah I couldn’t pass it up. Completely sealed and as minty as the day it was born. It was pricey, but considering what I’ve seen a sealed G1 Jetfire go for, it was only a quarter of that price. The only problem is that i’m So tempted to swoosh it. Just can’t open this one.

35 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Great catch! :good:

19 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

P.S.

YAY!  My chunky monkeys arrived today!  Will post pics soon,

Though... what I do not understand is why 4 chunky monkeys were shipped to me in a box the size of a refrigerator. The amount of packing material was ridiculous!