Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, kkx said:

I have a few older 1/100 Glaug kit. Maybe that will be a good donor for some extra decal.

Yeah, that's where I got mine.  Vintage Macross kits aren't great, but they're plentiful; I often buy 'em just for the decals.

3 hours ago, kkx said:

I blame you for the urge to panel line and weather this every time I look at it.

Panel-lining and decals are fine, but weathering means abandoning the toy aesthetic entirely... and if I weather one, I've gotta weather them all.  :unsure:

20 hours ago, tekering said:

Yeah, that's where I got mine.  Vintage Macross kits aren't great, but they're plentiful; I often buy 'em just for the decals.

Panel-lining and decals are fine, but weathering means abandoning the toy aesthetic entirely... and if I weather one, I've gotta weather them all.  :unsure:

Good point about weathering. Will be careful about going down that route. Thanks for the pointer.

After Bandai's long-awaited Star Destroyer was announced -- at a disappointingly small 1:5000 scale -- I decided to get the Zvezda 1:2700 kit (distributed in the West by Revell) instead:

1175232829_bigRussianbox.thumb.jpg.fb66e720dc8acb11ee335aff6c796e3a.jpg

It scales much better with the rest of the fleet.  :D

73428513_fleetwithstardestroyer.thumb.jpg.e094387670408862ddfc2f7bffe27f09.jpg

276915684_thefleet.thumb.jpg.5deea6503d08e29d4c0bdedfabffae6b.jpg

Assembly was easy, but wiring it for fiber-optics is gonna be a pain...!  :huh:

3 hours ago, tekering said:

After Bandai's long-awaited Star Destroyer was announced -- at a disappointingly small 1:5000 scale -- I decided to get the Zvezda 1:2700 kit (distributed in the West by Revell) instead:

I love the wall mount for your SDF-1 but the clean-freak in me cringes with all the potential dust collecting on it. :p

As for the Battlestar Galactica, So Say We All! 

7 hours ago, tekering said:

How do you keep this room clean from dust? :D

In my 3rd world country I'd have to keep the windows closed ALL THE TIME and install an AC.

4 hours ago, hachi said:

How do you keep this room clean from dust? :D

I use A/C all the time, windows are usually kept closed, and I spend very little time around my displays... and with a regular influx of new stuff, displays are updated often enough that dust isn't a significant problem.  Plus, those ships are easily accessible for dusting.  

The 1:18 Tomcat that hangs above them, however...

396861496_Theotherbigbird.thumb.jpg.2d0fda5b5ed74ebbadef85ba84d18ae6.jpg

This one can only be accessed with a ladder, and hasn't been dusted in several years.  :unsure:

4 hours ago, tekering said:

I use A/C all the time, windows are usually kept closed, and I spend very little time around my displays... and with a regular influx of new stuff, displays are updated often enough that dust isn't a significant problem.  Plus, those ships are easily accessible for dusting.  

This one can only be accessed with a ladder, and hasn't been dusted in several years.  :unsure:

I love your fleet display, Tekering. Esp the SDF. :wub: :good: And don't worry too much about your Tomcat. It looks perfectly 'weathered'. ^_^ 

46 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh god, what have I done?!

I just ordered my first Chunky Monkey a few minutes ago!

Another toy line?! I never learn, do I? I have doomed myself... (sigh)

Congrats, Shizuka-chan! :good: I have to admit, I don't have a chunky and I've always wanted a chunky Hikaru Strike VF-1S ever since the DYRL movie came out in the 80's. It's one of those figures that I cried and begged my parents before for them to buy me but didn't. And now, even though I know I can afford one, my logic mind always tells me that instead of getting it out of nostalgia sake, I'll rather stick to present releases. Because it's going to look 'old' along with the rest of my collections. And I know that, the moment I do get one, it means that I need to get some old Takatoku Orguss, Gakken Legioss, to name a few. And I'm not gonna do that coz I know I'm going to be doomed too. :sorry:

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Congrats. One of the greatest toys ever made.

23 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

My latest addition. Now I have both types of Cloud's iconic bikes.

_20190305_165900.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Cloud Strife fan here too. I love his bikes. Aside Kaneda's too. :wub: 

Both my PA release Fenrir and Hardy Daytona sets was left back in the Philippines. And I only have here the recent released PAK Fenrir set. Now, seeing those two once again, you're making me wish that Square Enix should release a PAK Hardy Daytona soon (with an updated PAK FFVII (not remake) Cloud too). :rolleyes:

Can't go wrong with a Chunky Monkey to add into your collection Shizuka. :) Chasing down all the variants (if you do) is another question.

To quote a stanza from one of the most recognizable boyband songs as they're still going after all these years (I'm not talking about either any of the J/K-pop Boybands):  

"Tell me why/Ain't nothing but a heartache/Tell me why/Ain't nothing but a mistake/Tell me why/ I don't want to hear you say/ I want it that way". :p

10 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

The new version 2 fenrir is a big piece! i bought 2 and the box they came in was ridiculously big to say the least! 

2 only? You should've bought 3.  :good: 

If the 1/55 is a reissue and brand new then it should be nice since it’s a great toy that is still in perfect condition.

I still wish that Bandai reissued the Strike VF-1S, Armored VF-1, VT-1, VE-1, and their planned VF-1D.

85FD94CB-9093-4635-9FC0-031071FD941C.thumb.jpeg.c3e2bfb39da15717d9ea4ff21bad9645.jpeg

Just now, sh9000 said:

If the 1/55 is a reissue and brand new then it should be nice since it’s a great toy that is still in perfect condition.

I still wish that Bandai reissued the Strike VF-1S, Armored VF-1, VT-1, VE-1, and their planned VF-1D.

85FD94CB-9093-4635-9FC0-031071FD941C.thumb.jpeg.c3e2bfb39da15717d9ea4ff21bad9645.jpeg

If it's a reissue and cheaper, I'll bite for Hikaru's 1J, Super 1A, and Strike 1S. ^_^

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Can't go wrong with a Chunky Monkey to add into your collection Shizuka. :) Chasing down all the variants (if you do) is another question.

To quote a stanza from one of the most recognizable boyband songs as they're still going after all these years (I'm not talking about either any of the J/K-pop Boybands):  

"Tell me why/Ain't nothing but a heartache/Tell me why/Ain't nothing but a mistake/Tell me why/ I don't want to hear you say/ I want it that way". :p

A more apt comparison would be the Weird Al version:

"Gonna buy / That vintage chunky monkey / Gonna buy / Destroids, Battroids and Zentraedi / Gonna buy / That lifesized doll of Lynn Minmay! / They haaad it, on Eeeebay." :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

00DAF3EC-C59F-4084-AE17-DA5D9D0AD570.thumb.jpeg.6f90de861659ef9281923788d70af5c2.jpeg

Nice! I still haven't seen a single one in stores after frequenting several everyday, multiple times a day. Worst part is I haven't seen a single ML in stores worth buying with their current sale. Good thing I got an order in online when they had it available.:D

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

If it's a reissue and cheaper, I'll bite for Hikaru's 1J, Super 1A, and Strike 1S. ^_^

If it's a Jumbo Machinder-sized chunky-style 3P release....I'd get every single variant produced....;)

I recall there were a couple MW members working on upscaled chunky VF-1s....one made of wood and one out of metal....wonder if they ever completed them? :unknw:

I am surprised no 3P has released such a beast.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I still haven't seen a single one in stores after frequenting several everyday, multiple times a day. Worst part is I haven't seen a single ML in stores worth buying with their current sale. Good thing I got an order in online when they had it available.:D

Thanks.  I don’t mind if Walgreens carries more Marvel Legends as long as they are available online and in store and discounted often.

Got some more female figures.

D5B72C71-6DA6-4A4C-9C3A-7B99B448FAE3.thumb.jpeg.2e99c91957824eb0d0fbca44719b06a9.jpeg

E68252C1-10ED-41AC-8BEA-1EC82545F7FA.thumb.jpeg.961f02a3752c4859a2e234a5a19fb641.jpeg

14 hours ago, tekering said:

That is no moon!

12 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice F-14.  Where are the figures that go inside the cockpit?

It can prob fit a 3.75" Luke in there :crazy:

10 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Ha, that's exactly how i feel. I believe a chunkey monkey is an essential part of Macross history, and anyone should at least have one... or seven... :ph34r: Anyway, well done!

9 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

My latest addition. Now I have both types of Cloud's iconic bikes.

_20190305_165900.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Oh man you can't wrong with Cloud! I must resist these out of my collection scope goodness. :mellow: