Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice! I used to go to Twilo every month to see Sasha and Digweed. Heard some absolutely epic marathon sessions there.

I remember the Easter party with Digweed and Tenaglia. DT wore us out! He was still playing and throwing candy from the DJ booth when I dragged myself off the floor at like 11:30am hahaha

I experienced so many epic nights there and heard so much amazing music. My friends and I were crestfallen when the city shut them down :(

Being from New Mexico I’ve only ever heard about these stories from afar.  My single exposure to Twilo was after they closed Sasha & Digweed bought the sound system and took it around the country on their Delta Heavy tour.  Honestly, it was a boring show in Albuquerque too, unfortunately, especially for my one time hearing the two live. My brother said it was better in Phoenix the night before.

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Got this haul in yesterday! 

20190228_104455.thumb.jpg.567148b59c68ef788404e57e5ed7b35d.jpg

Titanus is great, the whole thing is solid and sitting on a solid plate of diecast metal. Really like they kept the moving feet function as you roll it.

The Metal Build EVA is amazing! It is the most articulated metal build with an amazing paint job. And I love how they integrated the metal joint into the design. It invokes the EVA concept of armor strapped onto a fighting unit. I need the whole team in this line. Unit-13 from the rebuild movie would look great is this aesthetic but no idea how Bandai would do four arms.    

We need to see more detailed pics of that EVA unit 01. :D

These Marvel Legends Mystiques that I’m getting in store for $10 are great!  I’ll take a pic later.  I can’t wait to get my Marvel Legends Professor X that I also got for $10 and will be shipping very soon.

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

These Marvel Legends Mystiques that I’m getting in store for $10 are great!  I’ll take a pic later.  I can’t wait to get my Marvel Legends Professor X that I also got for $10 and will be shipping very soon.

How are you getting them for $10?

I’ll put this here for those of you who don’t troll the sci-fi section.  Star Trek Online Livery version of the Ent-F is available for pre-order now.  I’m waiting on mine.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/star-trek-starships/uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-f-star-trek-online?utm_source=RedEye&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=USA_SHOP_MARCH19_NewProducts&utm_content=USA_SHOP_MARCH19_NewProducts

33140E7E-9B77-4B3A-BACC-DB747C09D3E4.png.c02ff7048fa36681a361cc68ff3d5bcf.png

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That explains Mystique but not Prof.

I paid for Professor X and Deadpool at supervtoys through paypal and I used my rewards.  Professor X came out to $10 and will be shipping out this weekend or Monday.

36 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Being from New Mexico I’ve only ever heard about these stories from afar.  My single exposure to Twilo was after they closed Sasha & Digweed bought the sound system and took it around the country on their Delta Heavy tour.  Honestly, it was a boring show in Albuquerque too, unfortunately, especially for my one time hearing the two live. My brother said it was better in Phoenix the night before.

I heard them a few times afterwards and it was not the same. After Twilo closed they (and the NYC scene) lost something very special. That location and sound system added a certain flavor to their music. It was a special place and time (jeez that sounds trite *shrugs*) that they were not able to recreate. 

I was also at the 4 year anniversary party that had to stop due to a fire. I remember shivering in the street until they let us back in and we listened to music until 11am. It was so much fun :)

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

19 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I paid for Professor X and Deadpool at supervtoys through paypal and I used my rewards.  Professor X came out to $10 and will be shipping out this weekend or Monday.

SuperV hadn’t sent me anything about my Prof coming in yet.   Hmm.

16 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I heard them a few times afterwards and it was not the same. After Twilo closed they (and the NYC scene) lost something very special. That location and sound system added a certain flavor to their music. It was a special place and time (jeez that sounds trite *shrugs*) that they were not able to recreate. 

I was also at the 4 year anniversary party that had to stop due to a fire. I remember shivering in the street until they let us back in and we listened to music until 11am. It was so much fun :)

That’s the same story you hear from everyone. It’s not that trite really, certain places have the right spark.  Plus the music was shifting (and uninteresting IMO) just betond thst point so that whole scene would have changed anyway.

Even in my early twenties I couldn’t handle staying out UNTIL 11am.  I’m a day person.  The all day Anjunadeep Openair festival style makes more sense to me.

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

There’s still room in the detolf space for a Spartan.  B))

For some reason the Spartan would not ship to my location. I am waiting for a good price from other sources.

Ha, i've never seen those Predators before. Congrats!

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

For some reason the Spartan would not ship to my location. I am waiting for a good price from other sources.

Ha, i've never seen those Predators before. Congrats!

Thanks.  I’ll let you know if I see anything.

45 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Did you order the arcade predators online or find them in store?

I bought them at Target but the set of 3 at BBTS costs cheaper so I ordered them there and went ahead and ordered the set of 3 Aliens as well.  I’ll return the set that doesn’t look as good back to Target.  Dutch and Linn are sure taking an eternity.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:11 PM, Slave IV said:

Yeah, it seems almost everything they make is crappy but I’m glad it seems like this one turned out ok. Please share your thoughts when you get a chance. Mine is on the way. 

You are going to love it. It's a very solid piece.  Just looking at it takes me back to the 70's. Working VTOL vents, vehicle bays, and hidden missile stations as well as landing gear.  The craftsmanship screams pricey toy.

48 minutes ago, SilentCrossHairs said:

You are going to love it. It's a very solid piece.  Just looking at it takes me back to the 70's. Working VTOL vents, vehicle bays, and hidden missile stations as well as landing gear.  The craftsmanship screams pricey toy.

Great to hear everyone who has it is happy. I look forward to being a happy camper as well. 

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I’ll let you know if I see anything.

I bought them at Target but the set of 3 at BBTS costs cheaper so I ordered them there and went ahead and ordered the set of 3 Aliens as well.  I’ll return the set that doesn’t look as good back to Target.  Dutch and Linn are sure taking an eternity.

I wish I’d known that before I tracked down the Hunter and Warrior and opened them.  Sadly I was only able to find Donatello and Michaelangelo too.  I hit all five Targets in town.  And got amazingly lucky with Donnie.  I accidentally went down the wrong isle when going to check the Marvel Legends and happened upon Donatello in the other Turtles toy area.

163B2CD7-94F9-4D54-B96E-964431E65CD3.thumb.jpeg.ec55265c59d6dbad63a9cd98b6a0917e.jpeg4265FB85-D8D6-4FD3-9219-C240E260A90F.thumb.jpeg.e7031d193048998b7866558b70938bd7.jpeg2E4AF0C2-0BF7-48A0-B0EB-8AC0BA1767A7.thumb.jpeg.400d0c1c8f54adf7d957362de4400177.jpeg

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Oh man, I'd forgotten how plain the Glaug looks without decals.

detailed_glaug.jpg

Awesome toy, though.  One of the crown jewels of the HMR line.  

Good score, kkx.  :good:

Did it come with decals???

Just now, Arkham said:

Chances of we ever getting a DX Chogokin 1/60 Glaug?

1%

FINALLY got one of my grails that I've been chasing since starting Macross collecting a year ago:

IMAG0229.jpg

It's been panel lined and a bit yellowed, but this one doesn't come up very often for sale.  I know it's only temporary, but will do the peroxide treatment once summer rolls around.

Just one more to go now, but it's gonna be near impossible to find: anyone wanna sell me a 1/48 VF-1A TV Hayao Kakizaki? :lol:

Edited by dafob
formatting

1 hour ago, dafob said:

FINALLY got one of my grails that I've been chasing since starting Macross collecting a year ago:

IMAG0229.jpg

It's been panel lined and a bit yellowed, but this one doesn't come up very often for sale.  I know it's only temporary, but will do the peroxide treatment once summer rolls around.

Just one more to go now, but it's gonna be near impossible to find: anyone wanna sell me a 1/48 VF-1A TV Hayao Kakizaki? :lol:

One sold on Mandarake not too long ago. 30k though. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1103914785&ref=list&keyword=マクロス vf-1a 1%2F48

On 3/2/2019 at 5:02 AM, tekering said:

Oh man, I'd forgotten how plain the Glaug looks without decals.

detailed_glaug.jpg

Awesome toy, though.  One of the crown jewels of the HMR line.  

Good score, kkx.  :good:

@tekering I blame you for the urge to panel line and weather this every time I look at it.

I have a few older 1/100 Glaug kit. Maybe that will be a good donor for some extra decal. There are tons of after market macross decal on ebay but not for the bad guys.