Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's already sold out in Gamestop, sir. But thanks, I think I'll just pass on this. Lots of upcoming cool figs and mechas this mid-year. ;)

I don’t know, man, this is a release I personally recommend everybody should get.  They’re absolutely perfect replicas and they’re pretty good for posing on top of that.  They really are the best representation of any version of the turtles ever.  A distant second to the Eastman and Laird figures and the Revo Nikelodeon one’s after.

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I don’t know, man, this is a release I personally recommend everybody should get.  They’re absolutely perfect replicas and they’re pretty good for posing on top of that.  They really are the best representation of any version of the turtles ever.  A distant second to the Eastman and Laird figures and the Revo Nikelodeon one’s after.

Ok. Understood. I'll let you guys 'enable' me to get it. I'll check my local Gamestop if they still have it. But I'm not going to get it as far as the online prices going for those nowadays. Just sayin'. ;) 

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Understood. I'll let you guys 'enable' me to get it. I'll check my local Gamestop if they still have it. But I'm not going to get it as far as the online prices going for those nowadays. Just sayin'. ;) 

The pack is available on gamestop's website.  I don't think any retail stores have em.  I ordered a set yesterday.

Happy post-Valentines Day everyone! 

I hope you got your special someone a gift that shows off your love for them.... like Macross toys!

Oh yeah, my Valkyrie Factory 1/60 VF-1 Super Parts arrived a few days ago from AliExpress. YAY! Well worth the $46.13 I paid.

A few notes regarding my AliExpress shipping experience, as this was my first time ordering from them.

1.) I paid $10.13 for their faster, tracked shipping method to the US.

2.) I had to track my package via www.cnexps.com

3.) Said tracking site was not accurate. It said that it handed off the package to FedEx, but the tracking number I received never existed in FedEx's order tracking website.

4.) I also tried entering the tracking number into USPS, DHL, and UPS' tracking websites, but not in their systems either.

5.)  The Super Parts eventually arrived 14 days later via USPS.

6.) It looks like AliExpress shipped my order to a place in New Jersey. That place then shipped it to me, based on the USPS shipping label's sender information.

7.) After my package arrived, the www.cnexps.com tracking info was revised to reflect that the package was handed off to USPS instead of FedEx.

All in all, I am glad my package arrived well packed and with no damage. Paying for the faster, tracked delivery was a tracking headache as I never felt like I knew where the item was during its transit. But all is well that ends well.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

2 hours ago, Thriceborn said:

The pack is available on gamestop's website.  I don't think any retail stores have em.  I ordered a set yesterday.

Congrats. Because I checked this days ago and earlier but it's not available online.

neca_turtles.jpg.ca424f7c98fdee134b384eda40747f88.jpg

They were definitely sold at retail inside actual Gamestop stores, for shits and giggles I called three around me before my set shipped just in case I got screwed, I tracked down Leo, Raph, and Donnie, no Mikey's anywhere. They actually released early in stores, before most online orders shipped.

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Congrats. Because I checked this days ago and earlier but it's not available online.

Yeah they're sold out on the site, you're only real option is to start calling actual Gamestop stores in your area and seeing if they have any stock, the Ebay prices are already absurd, $60 per turtle, $200 for a whole individual set.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

All in all, I am glad my package arrived well packed and with no damage. Paying for the faster, tracked delivery was a tracking headache as I never felt like I knew where the item was during its transit. But all is well that ends well.

Are you going to try 17track or Aftership (other tracking providers) besides the ones that you already know? It might be more accurate as some of the ID numbers on the original package will still be traceable if another courier takes over (from the exchange hub) and re-directs it to your place. 

25 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

They were definitely sold at retail inside actual Gamestop stores, for shits and giggles I called three around me before my set shipped just in case I got screwed, I tracked down Leo, Raph, and Donnie, no Mikey's anywhere. They actually released early in stores, before most online orders shipped.

Yeah they're sold out on the site, you're only real option is to start calling actual Gamestop stores in your area and seeing if they have any stock, the Ebay prices are already absurd, $60 per turtle, $200 for a whole individual set.

Geez, I lucked out.  I literally ordered yesterday, must have gotten one of the last packs.  No retail Gamestops in my area had them.  I couldn't believe they were still in stock online and just got the shipping notice today. It be like that sometime I guess.  Honestly I'm pretty sure they will re-release.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Thanks Tking. I actually did try to call some Gamestop locally and ask. And they also check inventory online if they can find me a set. But sad to say, it's sold out. Not a biggie since I wasn't really planning on getting it. And I'm not going to pay on how much it's asking for nowadays. So that's it. ^_^

Geez, I lucked out.  I literally ordered yesterday, must have gotten one of the last packs.  No retail Gamestops in my area had them.  I couldn't believe they were still in stock online and just got the shipping notice today. It be like that sometime I guess.  Honestly I'm pretty sure they will re-release.

Yeah stock on the site has been weird, they go in and out of stock seemingly randomly, the four figure set, and the individuals. That said, even the set was just all four separate releases bundled, it wasn't an actual set like the huge SDCC version. Agreed on the re-release, NECA made money, even if scalpers seemed to buy up half the stock.

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Tking. I actually did try to call some Gamestop locally and ask. And they also check inventory online if they can find me a set. But sad to say, it's sold out. Not a biggie since I wasn't really planning on getting it. And I'm not going to pay on how much it's asking for nowadays. So that's it. ^_^

As Thriceborn mentioned, these things were REALLY popular, NECA would be crazy to not do a re-release, I'd keep my eye open on Toyark.com if you're interested, they should have an update if there will be another run. Gamestop.com should also have a feature for getting reminders about stock on certain items, the site stock itself has been weird too, random individual figures are still popping back up in stock.

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Are you going to try 17track or Aftership (other tracking providers) besides the ones that you already know? It might be more accurate as some of the ID numbers on the original package will still be traceable if another courier takes over (from the exchange hub) and re-directs it to your place. 

Oh, I have never heard of 17track or Aftershp.

I had never used www.cnexps.com before either, but it was what AliExpress had provided to me for tracking via their store's messaging system. 

5 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh, I have never heard of 17track or Aftershp.

I had never used www.cnexps.com before either, but it was what AliExpress had provided to me for tracking via their store's messaging system. 

I had the exact same issues ordering Valk Factory stuff from Show.z with their free "standard" shipping.  If I clicked on the tracking number from my account page, it took me to 17track which didn't even recognize the number.  I'm pretty sure I tried Aftership as well at some point with the same results.  Only cnexps.com could track it.  I don't think it's specific to Aliexpress (unless all shippers are required to use it for some reason) but probably happens anytime someone uses China Post.

2580EC0B-BCF9-4D1D-9518-358121511A73.thumb.jpeg.51802dac2f19e7743021e6c5722bf813.jpeg

Hot Wheels Porsche 962 Fleet Flyer.

AAC52DF9-598F-4DD2-A6F5-B36E6ABAA3B1.thumb.jpeg.b74574ce4eb3befbc65bf9e71e5d87f8.jpeg

Two more Marvel Legends suited figures to be used as targets for Mafex John Wick or alternate blue suit for Marvel Legends Professor X.

DE6457E7-7F02-4ABE-A53D-6AB7A5DC1F01.thumb.jpeg.01ec72ffd17004612fcdd32e8f4fb3f3.jpeg

C8AA2800-3D60-4D92-B48A-261E37CD3694.thumb.jpeg.613217992fa5e0032b5777558c1897b8.jpeg

Valkyrie Factory 1/60 Super/Strike Parts with free shipping came in yesterday.

6D68AF4A-88A6-464D-A91B-AC804AC4A2F5.thumb.jpeg.3b0590b895267f3915095114985f0d5f.jpeg

DX VF-31F Lill Draken Set.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

That's the GI Joe Skystriker. It was a pretty badass toy back in the 80s and it still is an impressive looking piece today.

@scand Fantastic display!

That was the 30th Anniversary Skystriker. I went nuts collecting G.I. Joe for a couple of years when the 25th Anniversary figures rolled out.... That's the only thing I have left. Save for about 20 figures I wanted to keep.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Damn, what scale is that F-14? It's HUGE.

It's big, I don't think it's to scale.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

@scand - You could also put your pics on "Macross Collection Display Thread" as well. ;)

All of the Macross stuff is new as of the last 6 months... The Monster was my latest haul. Come summer, with the new stuff that's coming out I'll throw some pics over there.

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

Nice display @scand!

Thanks, your GBP is going to give me the motivation to put the other Detolf together ;)

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

That's the GI Joe Skystriker. It was a pretty badass toy back in the 80s and it still is an impressive looking piece today.

@scand Fantastic display!

Thank you.

On 2/6/2019 at 2:59 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

20190205_171543.thumb.jpg.e37f820689f0a790742a86c30aa9f761.jpg

YF-19F/S courtesy of @spanner, the Gunbarrel Striker from a proxy, and the books from Amazon. A suprising number of packages in a single day.

:D:good:

On 2/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, sh9000 said:

F182BFF6-A80F-49F8-A46F-0C425A19B9B6.jpeg.844c95a8c3781ff72cfb4d27b848e51f.jpeg

Someday I might get a 1/18 scale F-14.

Loving that HUGE Tomcat!!! WOW! 1:18 scale!

Edited by spanner

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

To my surprise Spacedock showed up today.

A7E014E7-C60A-4FB0-9362-5DE0D58DEE2D.thumb.jpeg.77cb2c35fa48c12863ad5e24f0399106.jpeg

Wow man, I think you're way deeper into the Eaglemoss line than me. :yahoo:

Recent acquisitions.

Not sure when I'll find the time and wherewithal to put together Kairos Cat Girl though.

1068987751_loot2019-02-2001.thumb.jpg.6aa649bcb96a44908265c32a2fdf8856.jpg

More tiny Macross figures!

1758037274_loot2019-02-2002.jpg.e094cc668d98736defb1d8ce9bc7b090.jpg

And I'm beginning to like these sitting pose figures. Gotta find some interesting places to sit them.

426423240_loot2019-02-2003.jpg.ecec0485478d2558b8baaec89adb6e92.jpg