Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Not exactly a haul from me today although I should get a delivery soon, however is anyone interested in a Chunky Monkey??

Amiami has one for sale (Item B, Box B) at 14.4k yen

Thought I should post here as this gets a fair bit of traffic. ;)

Edit: Here's my haul.. TargetMaster Roddy via Amazon.jp as I got no problems with the exterior box after seeing pics of it being opened. It arrived sealed and intact.

Edit #2: Chunky Money is gone (I didn't get it as I have one in storage).  

DSC01301.jpg

Edited by borgified

Was at Housing Works (recycle shop chain in NYC) with the Wife and found these little gems.

Hobby-base 1/35 MA.k SAFS series 2 figures from like 2003. I used to nab these in the UFO catchers when I was an exchange student in Japan.

Housing works tagged them at $.50 a piece which was a total steal.

I sanded out the scuffs, used some tamiya weathering powders to add back some dirt, satin-coated them and put them on 28mm bases.

So happy to have these little SAFS buggers on my work desk.

20190111_075015_HDR.thumb.jpg.dcfcb6e195e2feb1fdc77f97fabf75d8.jpg

Edited by Duymon

22 hours ago, borgified said:

argetMaster Roddy via Amazon.jp as I got no problems with the exterior box after seeing pics of it being opened. It arrived sealed and intact.

DSC01301.jpg

Nice purchase!!  I have the standard Hot Rod and wanted the targetmaster as soon as this version was announced.  Sadly the KO version never came and no one seems to be selling the TM on it's own.  So I rebought Offshoot (from the original MP-09 TRU edition which I used to own) and it fits like a glove, aside from engine mounted mode.

27 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Can't be from NY, as they didn't ever (to my knowledge) ship them out in the Tamashii shipping box.

Earlier release of the 31A yes, the latter ones didn't get the box , unless @spacemanoeuvres went through a proxy. I guess that we all have to find out from the man himself..  

Finally opened up the Discovery version of the Enterprise I picked up late last year. She's a fine looking ship. Let's hope season 2 won't be such a letdown (though I'm not counting on it).

The hand is the Discovery redesign of the giant hand from "Who Mourns for Adonais?"

272412839_discoveryenterprise01.jpg.8203075d5f21f27350bfae521ee06b5f.jpg

1477097576_discoveryenterprise02.jpg.d7dcfa21a8891c48e6f459939844d360.jpg

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Finally opened up the Discovery version of the Enterprise I picked up late last year. She's a fine looking ship. Let's hope season 2 won't be such a letdown (though I'm not counting on it).

The hand is the Discovery redesign of the giant hand from "Who Mourns for Adonais?"

272412839_discoveryenterprise01.jpg.8203075d5f21f27350bfae521ee06b5f.jpg

1477097576_discoveryenterprise02.jpg.d7dcfa21a8891c48e6f459939844d360.jpg

I has a nice finish, looks great. And especially the hand, seems to be so fully posable :D

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Reviews of the Discoprise have been good but I’m not sure I want a giant XL version.  Are there any regular size Eaglemoss Enterprise models you could compare it next to or do you only do XL?  I skipped on the XL C because that effer was just too big next to anything else and my shelf is pretty much done with now.

12 hours ago, CrossAir said:

I has a nice finish, looks great. And especially the hand, seems to be so fully posable :D

LOL

11 hours ago, Sildani said:

Skin paint is top notch too. 

I don’t have much OCD, honestly, but... one is the alignment of starship nacelles. Are yours straight?

Both nacelles are nice and perfectly straight with each other and the rest of the ship.

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

Reviews of the Discoprise have been good but I’m not sure I want a giant XL version.  Are there any regular size Eaglemoss Enterprise models you could compare it next to or do you only do XL?  I skipped on the XL C because that effer was just too big next to anything else and my shelf is pretty much done with now.

The C is really nice. But I do have many of their standard size ships. I'll get some comparison shots when I get home.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Size comparison as requested.

1920836807_eaglemosssizecomparison.jpg.dec960cc4a80c495dfe8edc8a5b666ff.jpg

Star.... umm... Trek, right?

Those ships look surprisingly menacing, with each ship having those 2 big cannons attached on each side of the center body and in front of the circular tail end.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat