Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

That’s a great 1/48 collection especially the non standard colour schemes. I have had my eye on the woodland VF-1A for a long time, (as @borgifiedcan probably verify lol), and that paint scheme in fighter mode is absolutely gorgeous. 

That I can attest to.. ;)

I believe that some has mentioned (don't remember who either on MW or TFW2005's Macross thread) that the regular Yammie 1/48 releases are slowly getting cheaper due to the release of the DX VF-1 variants [that doesn't include the obscure colour versions].

Looks like that I may poke around at different online shops and acquire another 1/48 valk or the GBP unit for the ones that presently have now.  

13 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Multiple copies of the 31A always excites me, even if these are the non-transforming version... nice!

Thank you! While I don't have the budget for the DX version, these will do nicely! B))

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Nice getting yours so soon Saburo.

I am SO going to preorder from amazon during the next VF-1x preorder madness. 

I wasn't expecting it to arrive till 2019, but was pleasantly surprised it arrived today (12/31).

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Such a tease! :rolleyes:

:lol: I post some quick shots.

11 hours ago, Mommar said:

This is the single greatest classic-style Iron Man figure ever made.

I really love mine too, but it makes me so much more torn on Mezco. When they mess up, it sucks, they've got hefty price tags on these figures, but when they nail a figure, damnit if they don't REALLY nail it. This Iron Man is pretty fantastic, and I'm a bit pissed now I never bothered trying to track down the repaint.

Glad people are loving the One:12 Iron Man! I haven’t shipped mine yet but look forward to it. 

Ironic that Mezco’s specialty in One:12 is clothes figures yet most of those have issues and this one seems to be hailed as their best figure to date. I hope it helps them improve the other figures. 

23 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I really love mine too, but it makes me so much more torn on Mezco. When they mess up, it sucks, they've got hefty price tags on these figures, but when they nail a figure, damnit if they don't REALLY nail it. This Iron Man is pretty fantastic, and I'm a bit pissed now I never bothered trying to track down the repaint.

The Marvel Now IM is pretty cool too but I think the Red and Gold really does it more justice.  The Black obfuscates a lot of mold detail.  I’m just waiting to see what the Stealth version is like now.  I hope they attempt an early 90’s War Machine now.  With improved leg drop mechanism.  That’s one of my few gripes about this IM.

Also Mezco’s, or maybe it’s BBTS, distributer blows.  I’m weeks later than everyone else getting these figures.  I had time to cancel the POS Gladiator Hulk but I’m seeing reviews for both the Marvel Now Doctor Strange and Ragnarock Thor figures and there’s no sign of movement from BBTS on either of those for me yet.

29 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Glad people are loving the One:12 Iron Man! I haven’t shipped mine yet but look forward to it. 

Ironic that Mezco’s specialty in One:12 is clothes figures yet most of those have issues and this one seems to be hailed as their best figure to date. I hope it helps them improve the other figures. 

Iron Man is not their best figure though he is very cool I could easily point out some failings. Popeye, 5 Ronin Wolverine and Doctor Strange (minus the  crap elbows) are all amazing and better than IM.  Hell, regular and black suit Spidey are pretty great too.  And all of their Batman figures have been phenomenal.  The Punisher figures are all great.  Red Skull too.  Most of the clothed figures have been fine, their only real hangup has been ankle pivot and it looks like the Dawn of Justice Tactical Suit Batman has finally fixed that issue.  And the occasional odd fabric choice.  A few of the original figures I have fabric issues with but they aren’t major complaints.  The Hulk is one of the primary absolute screw ups.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Iron Man is not their best figure though he is very cool I could easily point out some failings. Popeye, 5 Ronin Wolverine and Doctor Strange (minus the  crap elbows) are all amazing and better than IM.  Hell, regular and black suit Spidey are pretty great too.  And all of their Batman figures have been phenomenal.  The Punisher figures are all great.  Red Skull too.  Most of the clothed figures have been fine, their only real hangup has been ankle pivot and it looks like the Dawn of Justice Tactical Suit Batman has finally fixed that issue.  And the occasional odd fabric choice.  A few of the original figures I have fabric issues with but they aren’t major complaints.  The Hulk is one of the primary absolute screw ups.

My gripe will almost all the clothed figures is the shoulder and elbow joints look horrible even though hidden by fabric. Strange does seem improved and maybe the Spidey figures but I haven't messed with them enough yet. 

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

My gripe will almost all the clothed figures is the shoulder and elbow joints look horrible even though hidden by fabric. Strange does seem improved and maybe the Spidey figures but I haven't messed with them enough yet. 

Depends on the cloth figure really, as mentioned Popeye, while not everyone's cup of tea, is quite brilliant, I bought both variants. Daredevil is nice and doesn't bunch up, Superman and Shazam as well, Flash and Reverse Flash/Zoom are really good too. I have a Space Ghost that has a bit on wonkiness on the shoulders, but I wouldn't say it's too bad, he mostly just sits at a table, like he's just in the middle of a talk show or something...

Best part of the holidays is apparently coming home and picking up all the packages that arrived while I was away.

20190103_175659.thumb.jpg.4b75da75038ad9ff3edf5343ad76aa12.jpg

The YF-29 and SV-292 are from @mog_kupo

The M9 in the damaged box from Zen market (they just bubblewrapped the Tamashii shipper)

The M9 in the undamaged box from From Japan (they stuck the Tamashii shipper inside another box)

The VF-1 is from Amazon Japan, and was a steal for $173 and change shipped.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

24 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Best part of the holidays is apparently coming home and picking up all the packages that arrived while I was away.

20190103_175659.thumb.jpg.4b75da75038ad9ff3edf5343ad76aa12.jpg

The YF-29 and SV-292 are from @mog_kupo

The M9 in the damaged box from Zen market (they just bubblewrapped the Tamashii shipper)

The M9 in the undamaged box from From Japan (they stuck the Tamashii shipper inside another box)

The VF-1 is from Amazon Japan, and was a steal for $173 and change shipped.

Boss haul.

4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Depends on the cloth figure really, as mentioned Popeye, while not everyone's cup of tea, is quite brilliant, I bought both variants. Daredevil is nice and doesn't bunch up, Superman and Shazam as well, Flash and Reverse Flash/Zoom are really good too. I have a Space Ghost that has a bit on wonkiness on the shoulders, but I wouldn't say it's too bad, he mostly just sits at a table, like he's just in the middle of a talk show or something...

I don’t have any of those so I guess I missed out. So when you bend the elbows on all of those, you can’t see the long double joint? Anyways, I’m a fan of what Mezco is doing with a lot of these characters. Some of their design choices don’t work for me and their business model and website  when trying to order last min out of nowhere exclusives leave a lot to be desired but some of their figures look to good to pass up. This Iron Man and the Stealth version will both be mine!

2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Looking forward to receiving mine. I am not a fan of this armor but somehow this rendition from Mezco is ticking a lot of boxes for me.

If you look at the old comics this armor is a goofy anachronism.  But between the finish and the additional little tech details it really brings out a modern feel to it that's somewhat believable somehow.  It definitely rises above the original design and has actually made me a fan of the older look in the comics.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

So when you bend the elbows on all of those, you can’t see the long double joint?

I truly don't understand the issue here.  I went and looked at a lot of my older figures and I'm not sure where these strange elbows are coming from.  I've looked across my collection and don't see any of that.  And it's not like I don't own very many, I have 24 on the shelf right now (and 22 more on pre-order!)

Edited by Mommar

40 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I truly don't understand the issue here.  I went and looked at a lot of my older figures and I'm not sure where these strange elbows are coming from.  I've looked across my collection and don't see any of that.  And it's not like I don't own very many, I have 24 on the shelf right now (and 22 more on pre-order!)

All good. If you don’t notice and it doesn’t bother you then even better for you. It looks unnatural to me because most figures with double joins do it in way that looks like there is only one bend point like it is a joint within a joint where on many Mezco figures, you can see one joint then some space between the first and second joint so it looks like an arc instead of a sharp bend. You can kind of see it here.

review_one12cap_large.jpg

I don’t get a lot of other nitpicks so Nbd, don’t know why this one bothers me. 

Just now, Slave IV said:

Lookey what I got!

4F86C2EF-5917-4400-ACC3-EE6559ADCEBE.thumb.jpeg.0725a9a3a78aa58510dfe6743e53dbc7.jpeg

Is this a rerelease some thirty years later?!  I passed on the opportunity to buy the original about a year ago and still kicking myself for it.  Like they say on American Pickers, you don't regret what you buy, but what you don't buy.

6 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

Is this a rerelease some thirty years later?!  I passed on the opportunity to buy the original about a year ago and still kicking myself for it.  Like they say on American Pickers, you don't regret what you buy, but what you don't buy.

It’s the new Mega Construx version. Perfect for me because I have no space, budget or desire for a regular size MOTU collection. Castle Greyskull is gonna be tough to find a place for when that comes out.