Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.  I would try that Cyclops jacket custom but I sold my spare to Slave IV and I don’t want to use my original.  It seems easy to do by using Old Man Logan’s jacket and sleeve arms.

Yup. I just need to hunt down loose Logan's jacket. ;) 

12 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

C251DA1D-FEE8-4DC7-8A42-FA37512D6EE0.thumb.jpeg.25937822a888d0b1edf7b43530bc0efe.jpeg

The box art on that Black Widow is hot. I still have the original Avengers version. But I saw on Sideshow Collectors a few days ago someone doing mods to the hair. Those guys are always up to modding stuff over there.

2 hours ago, spanner said:

Got me another car! Though this is a replacement for another I am selling..

Selling my Paragon M4 cabrio and replacing it with this Paragon M6 cabrio.

I want a better mix of cars and colors.

Screenshot_20181116-212310_Chrome.jpg

I never heard of this Paragon company. I'll check them out. On occasion I've been looking for a nice vintage GT car model. I thought about getting something with Gulf colors which it looks like you have something like that in the background. Looks like a McLaren.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’m not sure of the brand but it is die cast and in 1/100 scale.

The mold is utilized by various different brands so it can be hard to say exactly what name it falls under. But, the first of these 1/100 models came under the Amercom brand name.

@SilentCrossHairs - Manda had Messer's Supers at 11k yen just sometime last week and you missed the boat on that deal. :cray:

I was not expecting this to arrive after coming back from work 20 mins ago due to the Canada Postal Strike. Left Manda Complex on the 9th, actual shipping date 12th arrived on the 19th.

DSC01133.jpg

4 hours ago, borgified said:

@SilentCrossHairs - Manda had Messer's Supers at 11k yen just sometime last week and you missed the boat on that deal. :cray:

I was not expecting this to arrive after coming back from work 20 mins ago due to the Canada Postal Strike. Left Manda Complex on the 9th, actual shipping date 12th arrived on the 19th.

DSC01133.jpg

Yes, yes yes!  Mk 7 is the best Figuarts Iron Man ever!

@anubis20 - So you managed to get a copy of Flame's take on the not-DJD leader (not going to spoil here on who is it actually). I'm actually tempted to get the Iron Factory's take on the DJD as a whole collection package and put with my Destron MPs.

** Another FYI update for us Macross Junkies in Canada in regards to the Postal Strike.

Backlog in mail delivery is going to into January: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/delivery-delays-now-into-january-canada-post/ar-BBPV9YY?li=AAggXBV&ocid=DELLDHP

I know... The Black Friday and Christmas packages deliveries are going to damper all of us this year **

Edit: @Bishop - You're not the only collector that's been effected. I've also read other collectors on the TFW2005 threads express their frustration in not getting their goods also (and they're in Canada as well).

Edited by borgified

30 minutes ago, borgified said:

@anubis20 - So you managed to get a copy of Flame's take on the not-DJD leader (not going to spoil here on who is it actually). I'm actually tempted to get the Iron Factory's take on the DJD as a whole collection package and put with my Destron MPs.

** Another FYI update for us Macross Junkies in Canada in regards to the Postal Strike.

Backlog in mail delivery is going to into January: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/delivery-delays-now-into-january-canada-post/ar-BBPV9YY?li=AAggXBV&ocid=DELLDHP

I know... The Black Friday and Christmas packages deliveries are going to damper all of us this year **

Edit: @Bishop - You're not the only collector that's been effected. I've also read other collectors on the TFW2005 threads express their frustration in not getting their goods also (and they're in Canada as well).

Yea Im a big fan of this stuff designed by Chemical Attack :) It also helps that I like his design. 

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Some things Ive gotten over the past few weeks and MB Strike Freedom I got today :)

New Haul 11/20/2018

What?! You managed to snag two? :shok:

I hate you Anubis! Hahaha! :lol:

When you get a chance, can you post comparo pics with the old SF in the MB thread, please. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Btw, congrats on getting these new Holy Grail. :good: :cray:

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

When you get a chance, can you post comparo pics with the old SF in the MB thread, please. Thanks! :rolleyes:

I snagged two but one is not mine :) 

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This vid compares both, it's in mandarin but the differences are clear. Soul Blue on left and original on the right.

Edited by eXis10z

nHjL8qA.jpg

I got a few of these used over the years, and now i am weathering them. Some of them were just parts i got on ebay for super cheap over the years, and i put them together myself. I had to paint entire parts of the snowspeeder, because most of the parts were in different states of yellowing, lol. The A-wing is nearly ready as well as the Falcon. Much work is still ahead, but at least every ship has their corresponding pilots. The falcon has all figures inside recreating scenes from the movies. I just received my last ship, a B-wing, which i will be taking pics of soon. This table will be modified to showcase these ships, and that's also work in progress. I always wanted to have all the OT ships, and finally, here they are. I've always loved these designs, and i know they are not proportionally perfect, but well weathered, they look pretty cool imho.

UZifGaC.jpg

2EhI5IA.jpg

BOzKK7P.jpg

RdO9MVe.jpg

wEQd4bo.jpg

xln9ns9.jpg

Edit in: Yes, i do have all the tie fighters, and the imperial shuttle as well... and a huge AT-AT i got from a local guy last year(it was too cheap to miss). I can't recall how this started, but it got out of hand quickly. 

Edited by vlenhoff

It pains me to see you spent all that time weathering poorly-proportioned and awkwardly-scaled toys, when you could have been painting up gorgeous Bandai or Revell model kits... :vava:

...but as turd-polishing goes, you've done a phenomenal job.  :good:

0752E1AC-0110-41A5-907D-B326A1CCD89E.thumb.jpeg.b9f7392c9c7224a4328b17e0ab9d65f1.jpeg

263D9509-E265-4C24-BFDD-5AECA7819292.thumb.jpeg.75c01a7fa8cfe9a34b80f238fc58a460.jpeg

CDCF3E27-B382-4825-BDAA-84FC22A37A4E.thumb.jpeg.620fb05a164040d6206b6026d7ae93c9.jpeg

Got a Marvel Studios First 10 Years Ultron, Marvel Legends Gladiator, and Marvel Legends Spiral.

Also I was planning on getting the Transformers Walmart G1 reissue Devastator but I found my Encore G1 Devastator in my storage.  I plan on getting it signed by Arthur Burghardt.  I need to get my Destro figure out of storage to get signed as well.

My buddy Stateside got me a "Super Colossal" T-Rex.  :D

2139636059_runningfromtheT-Rex.thumb.jpg.14ce569825bd75c0bc9bf2abaaad9556.jpg

It's gonna need a complete repaint before I can display it with MAFEX, NECA, or Hasbro Legends figures, but the simplistic color scheme works great with anime figures!  

1483207173_racingfromtheT-Rex.thumb.jpg.dcbc98f616a5dfba0c2d2f8e0f310b79.jpg

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

If they only had Revell or Bandai ships :(

If only Revell or Bandai made models big enough for Hasbro figures!  :p

Don't get to contribute much to this thread lately, but the CC debt is shrinking, so I picked up a new Eaglemoss Star Trek ship this week on sale. They are actually having a website wide sale on the Star Trek ships right now... The USS Titan is a good entry, nice ship. No obvious mistakes. Good paint apps. 

20181122_191137.jpg

20181122_191200.jpg

20181122_191046.jpg

20181122_191030.jpg

20181122_191018.jpg

Edited by derex3592

18 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Don't get to contribute much to this thread lately, but the CC debt is shrinking, so I picked up a new Eaglemoss Star Trek ship this week on sale. They are actually having a website wide sale on the Star Trek ships right now... The USS Titan is a good entry, nice ship. No obvious mistakes. Good paint apps. 

20181122_191046.jpg

20181122_191030.jpg

Nice! The Titan is a nice looking ship, though I don't like it when they cheap out and paint the nacelles blue instead of using transparent blue parts. 

Been eyeing the XL Reliant, but Eaglemoss always excludes the XL line from any promotions. :angry:

36 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

20181122_191137.jpg

20181122_191200.jpg

20181122_191046.jpg

20181122_191030.jpg

20181122_191018.jpg

Damn, you have cc debt and still buy luxuries? I’d be a dead man, lol. 

@Lolicon I agree, I was a little miffed at the nacelle blue paint, but ohh well.  @Slave IV I figure if I'm helping pay off her (now our) debt, I can have a small ship or HM-R here and there...after all, her hair appointments alone are more than a damn DX Valk every month.......LOL

Edited by derex3592

38 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

@Lolicon I agree, I was a little miffed at the nacelle blue paint, but ohh well.  @Slave IV I figure if I'm helping pay off her (now our) debt, I can have a small ship or HM-R here and there...after all, her hair appointments alone are more than a damn DX Valk every month.......LOL

Well, if you are both contributing to the debt...rack it up!:D