Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

57 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Sh Figuarts Bucky (crappy figure), SH Figuarts Iron Man MK. VII (amazing), and Mezco One:12 Armor 42 Iron Man (mixed bag.). The One:12 chest light up feature shows up pretty well in photos actually.

Unfortunately agreed on Bucky, after all this wait for his figuarts it's very disappointing. No double knee joint, barely holds his gun, he can only hold his gun with one hand. Also agreed on MKVII though, Bandai really kills Tony's armors, I just need MKI and my hall of armor is complete.

1305138273_IMG_20181031_2048387662.thumb.jpg.93a00417a20e738acb95291e3185ce7e.jpg

It's been years since TakaraTomy last gave us a Diaclone homage in the Masterpiece line:

1911167767_cordonlambo.thumb.jpg.80e1e5fe68d30cb4656c88abf10c3a15.jpg

Here's MP-42, Cordon.

150714771_Cordonrobot.thumb.jpg.ce13b20c0d459e238d6119c521d02f6f.jpg

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Care to post a pic of MPM-7 and MPM-3 if you have it.

I can help you there, Noel...

IMG_3348.thumb.jpg.4e9f64078e6fcc6f0730b6279a01bd51.jpg

22 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Are you using a Tamashii stand to hold the VF-11 up?

A Figma stand, actually.  See the gap between the arms?

gap.thumb.jpg.5e229ab8c30cc55cef0010c5cd1a0469.jpg

It fits in there pretty securely.

fitted.thumb.jpg.822926f7f37b1f6de249bee969089e2c.jpg

There's almost no metal in the VF-11, so the weight it supported easily.

supported.thumb.jpg.ba22ea68f24e26cd2dee424b7690ca4b.jpg

22 minutes ago, tekering said:

I can help you there, Noel...

IMG_3348.thumb.jpg.4e9f64078e6fcc6f0730b6279a01bd51.jpg

Thanks Tekering! Really appreciate it. They look good together. :friends:

I don't want to ask too much. In case you don't have pic of both of them in Alt Modes. Can you atleast tell me if they somehow in-scale with each other? Thanks in advance. ^_^ 

10 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Wow those door "wings" in bot mode are totally inaccurate. Did Hasbro not get the final design before they started on this? Prime and the first Bee MPM looked better, but they're still BayFormers, so bad in general :).

Well I think after the disappointment of the performance of the TLK movie they decided to put the visual aesthetic of the live action transformers into a different direction. By that time HasTak was probably close to finish the design on MPM Bumblebee.

It probably would cost them far too much to incorporate these changes as well as delay the production and distribution of the toy which was probably already slotted for production in their factories so it didn't make sense for them to halt production.

You could see this with the toys from the first Bay movie where HasTak hadn't a good idea of what these would look on screen (I think the designer said that in one of the recent interviews translated by TFW) thus the toys where fairly inaccurate to the movie. Only with the next few movies they got a better grasp of what these looked like and the designs where more faithful (RotF leader Optimus, the Human Alliance line, etc).

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

In case you don't have pic of both of them in Alt Modes. Can you atleast tell me if they somehow in-scale with each other?

Sorry, my MPM-7's in pieces at the moment (gotta fix that half-assed weathering job HasTak did), but I think their vehicles modes scale very well together.

Of course, measuring the wheelbase and confirming the dimensions with online stats is the only way to be sure.

Edited by tekering

On 10/23/2018 at 10:52 PM, MacrossMania said:

Rant for the night:  I was going to post a couple of photos under the pretend "hashtag" of "About to go Shizuka the Cat" and implore all you toy collectors out there not to go the way I did, spending all my hard earned cash on a bunch of recent releases and some not so recent but all the more hard to find vintage releases, that, truth be told, unless I got them now, I'd probably never, ever see again.  Trust me, I've been there, and lived to regret every day since.  And the long lesson learned here is that cash is more plentiful than toys, so you might as well snatch them up while you can and the cash is flowing, because you never know, even if you do get the chance to own one later on, they may be asking far more than you're willing to pay.

I'm a hashtag now?  LOL

11 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

well, well, well.  What you can get people to say with a little encouragement.  I'll be sure to tongue "tie" you in the future with yet more flattering hashtags.

Not really.  If you read the Hi-Metal R thread she got pretty detailed.

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Cool Starscream. Nice to see they’re continuing that line or ornaments.

Thanks.  I hope they continue making more.

30 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Got a few of the Vintage wave in the mail today.

7FC527AE-CD3D-41CF-AEFA-A09F09F3B722.thumb.jpeg.33f8e131e9fe27ed1971e35ab5ffdc27.jpeg

Cool.  I might still get Ant-Man and Wasp.  I’m looking forward to the vintage X-Men wave.

36 minutes ago, Mommar said:

You’re missing ng Gamlin and a P.

I know.... but technically speaking, I have never seen the Macross 7 OAV episode that showed off Gamlin's VF-22, or the VF-19P.  Though, admittedly, I am also missing the VF-11C, which I know I have seen in the Macross 7 TV series.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:46 PM, Slave IV said:

Finally got this guy out

164519654_Gundam_MB_AileStrike_DSCN3650.thumb.jpg.36d24acef1ad9f3689c7a69a737ee7a2.jpg

Me likey a lot!

Edit: Another shot

1909604532_Gundam_MB_AileStrike_DSCN3651.jpg.02a7f1c9751b4fdcb928d7a79b4c266d.jpg

Just got this myself.  Was thinking against it because I just went through a mammoth round of purchases, but caved in.  Glad I did.  I knew it would be one of those regrets later on if I didn't cave early.  This is a beauty.  The things they are doing these days with the metal build line is just amazing.  Taking it to a whole other level.  And here I thought they did that early on with the modular plastic parts and the metal endoskeleton.  But this is just crazy.  Plus I think Charles aka OptimusPrimeSG nailed it when he said that Bandai's artistic license with the builds really makes them stand apart from the plastic model releases.  They seem more by the numbers.

10 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

Just got this myself.  Was thinking against it because I just went through a mammoth round of purchases, but caved in.  Glad I did.  I knew it would be one of those regrets later on if I didn't cave early.  This is a beauty.  The things they are doing these days with the metal build line is just amazing.  Taking it to a whole other level.  And here I thought they did that early on with the modular plastic parts and the metal endoskeleton.  But this is just crazy.  Plus I think Charles aka OptimusPrimeSG nailed it when he said that Bandai's artistic license with the builds really makes them stand apart from the plastic model releases.  They seem more by the numbers.

Yeah, I had a feeling about this one and as my first Gundam MB, I’m very happy. Metal content is off the charts but doesn’t feel overdone at all. I can’t think of a single negative about it so it’s about the most perfect figure I’ve opened in a while. Only thing is I’m not a big fan of the series but it looks so good and the artistic license was a good thing to me. 

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I had a feeling about this one and as my first Gundam MB, I’m very happy. Metal content is off the charts but doesn’t feel overdone at all. I can’t think of a single negative about it so it’s about the most perfect figure I’ve opened in a while. Only thing is I’m not a big fan of the series but it looks so good and the artistic license was a good thing to me. 

You should definitely expand your resources on this one.  Metal builds are some of the best "toys" out there.  They perfectly capture the essence of the gundam series - at least from a design perspective - much more so than even the SOC line.  I have about six of them right now and plan on expanding my collection on that front - even while sacrificing some standard MF and Delta releases.

Got this recently on TB, for about 220 CNY plus shipping (I think under 80 CNY), so about 300 CNY all-in or under $50. 

Again Weijiang have not only upscaled a MP design, but they have also incorporated the Shadow Fisher fix to the two hip side plates. Loads of ratchet joints throughout, and the sculpt is spot on as well. Alt mode transformation is less “gappy” than the original which is also a big plus.  

ACC4F5AD-A000-4CB2-9A19-C007CC5B8E96.jpeg

4 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Got this recently on TB, for about 220 CNY plus shipping (I think under 80 CNY), so about 300 CNY all-in or under $50. 

Again Weijiang have not only upscaled a MP design, but they have also incorporated the Shadow Fisher fix to the two hip side plates. Loads of ratchet joints throughout, and the sculpt is spot on as well. Alt mode transformation is less “gappy” than the original which is also a big plus.  

If Wei Jang up scaled both the Stratos molds, I'm all in, however the wings where the nightmare for a fair amount of collectors. I never had problems with either Jacky or Exhaust..

If you want faction labels, Toyhax and Captured Prey do carry them.

7 hours ago, rdrunner said:

My experience with Weijiang TF figures has always been tremendously positive. Their products are always superior to the originals in almost every way. 

Of course most of the credit still goes to HasTak for comig up with the original designs, but lately I get the idea to just wait for the Weijiang KOs instead of getting the originals...