Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Those are the fighter mode-only releases, which were painted metallic. So it's just the lighting making Ozma look dark.

Did they include the Sheryl and Ranka stands?

You are correct, they are the fighter-only VF100 releases.

I like fighter mode the best when it comes to valkyries, so I did not mind ordering these got my display. 

Yes, these VF100 toys came with the little Sheryl and Ranka stands. I am not using them though, since I felt that the display connector piece that came with the VF100 toys might not hold the valkyrie securely and risk the fighter falling off. 

I have 2 more VF100 toys on the way... Alto's armored VF-25 and the Family Mart release. At some point, I may also get the transformable Michael, Alto and Ozma VF-25 toys as well.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

12 hours ago, spanner said:

My 1:72 Avro Arrow arrived today! What a lovely plane!

20181022_150016.jpg

One of the famous airfighters in Canadian Aviation history and had to mothballed be due to it being very expensive to make at that time and everything that was made for the program had to be destroyed as per Ottawa's request.

Here's the Wiki page for it - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Canada_CF-105_Arrow

As you read further down the page, CBC Canada has made a TV Movie series and Dan Ackroyd (Blues Brothers) plays one of the reporter at that time (I have seen it couple years ago).

Good thing that you got a copy of the plane @spanner as it hard to find one now. :clapping:

Edit: You can display it with the other Delta Winged aircraft as well (SV-262 Hs, YF-30 and the 31a). ;)

Edited by borgified

12 hours ago, spanner said:

My 1:72 Avro Arrow arrived today! What a lovely plane!

20181022_150016.jpg

That is a very nice looking fighter indeed - just checked out its history very briefly.  Hard to believe that it's a 1953 design!

Edited by rdrunner

So, it would just about figure that the day after I ordered the Wal-Mart exclusive Legacy Tie Fighter off Ebay (at a minor markup), I walk into my local shop and see a single one sitting on the shelf. :p  I'd checked that shop multiple times in the past weeks, and the Star Wars toy section was almost non-existent.  As far out in the middle of nowhere as I am, I figured it would never show up.

If it's still there at the end of the month, I'm picking up a second one, and looking for a Vader version. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

So, it would just about figure that the day after I ordered the Wal-Mart exclusive Legacy Tie Fighter off Ebay (at a minor markup), I walk into my local shop and see a single one sitting on the shelf. :p  I'd checked that shop multiple times in the past weeks, and the Star Wars toy section was almost non-existent.  As far out in the middle of nowhere as I am, I figured it would never show up.

If it's still there at the end of the month, I'm picking up a second one, and looking for a Vader version. :lol: 

Oh man y u had to say that? You just made me spend 80.00 on Walmart.com for the legacy tie fighter!

Just seeing the Canada Post delivery van before I started work this late afternoon before my shift starts, I asked if the my packaged arrived and it did arrive (plus got to work on time).

Got nabbed for $75.32 CND in customs. At least I have it before the Full Postal Strike happens across Canada and no busted head laser present even though the packing wasn't too great. 

20181022_194455.jpg

20181022_194641.jpg

Edit: Price correction and grammer

Edited by borgified

5 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Oh man y u had to say that? You just made me spend 80.00 on Walmart.com for the legacy tie fighter!

Wait, they actually had it?  I've been hitting the webshop for weeks, and never saw anything but oddball listings of the LEGO and TFA/TLJ versions... wtf? :lol: 

Looks like the back left one is indeed the old Chunky.

Also, while that Tie wasn't due for another few days, it showed up on my doorstep today as I arrived with my 31A.  I always forget how relatively huge the normal Tie Fighters are compared with the Interceptor.. :blink: 

Ties31A.jpg

So glad Bandai finally gave us some weapons to load up their 31s with.. I don't think I'm ever taking the 31A out of fighter mode with this loadout. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

19 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Looks like the back left one is indeed the old Chunky.

Also, while that Tie wasn't due for another few days, it showed up on my doorstep today as I arrived with my 31A.  I always forget how relatively huge the normal Tie Fighters are compared with the Interceptor.. :blink: 

Ties31A.jpg

So glad Bandai finally gave us some weapons to load up their 31s with.. I don't think I'm ever taking the 31A out of fighter mode with this loadout. ^_^ 

Damn those Ties are huge.

Ehhh, not quite to scale, but close enough to look really good in a display together. ^_^  Tie scales go all over the place though, and no two sources will ever agree on just how big they're supposed to be.  The cockpit interior in the films was a lot roomier than these toys, but a bit smaller than the Bandai kits.

Going by the Bandai kit, which is 5 inches tall, that should make the panels 20 inches high in 1/18, and this is a couple inches under that, so they're pretty close.  My gut instinct is to call it around 1/24, since that's what a lot of the ANH film models were pinned down as, due to the pilot figures used.

Now to find myself a Tie Bomber, and Advanced, and I'll have (at least) one of each of the OT fighters. :D 

19 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You are correct, they are the fighter-only VF100 releases.

I like fighter mode the best when it comes to valkyries, so I did not mind ordering these got my display. 

Yes, these VF100 toys came with the little Sheryl and Ranka stands. I am not using them though, since I felt that the display connector piece that came with the VF100 toys might not hold the valkyrie securely and risk the fighter falling off. 

I have 2 more VF100 toys on the way... Alto's armored VF-25 and the Family Mart release. At some point, I may also get the transformable Michael, Alto and Ozma VF-25 toys as well.

Great. There's not much love for that line around here, but since I'm a 1/100 collector, I got them all too, except for the Family Mart version which I don't like at all. 

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is the old 1:55 Takatoku/Bandai GBP in that mix?

That’s right, GBP is Takatoku and the -1J carrying it is the Bandai 2002 reissue. I was worried that the arm armour may not fit because of the shape difference in the Bandai arms, but they were fine. 

Edited by rdrunner

On 10/13/2018 at 12:12 AM, RED WOLF said:

Great shot! How do you like these guys? Do you have all four? I really enjoyed this cartoon (2012), but grew up with the 90s cartoon. I prefer this aesthetic. 

Thanks!  I've responded to your comments in detail in the appropriate thread: