Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 minute ago, dragonstar1982 said:

I live in a apartment so the mail boxes aren't that big, in stead of bringing that box with the other to the door he crammed the movie in the boalbox which in no way was big enough, but thank the Macross God's it was in meant condition all with the rest of my amiami hual:lol:

Good to know. Because you don't want to ruin that perfect Kaname pose on the box art. :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Revoltech needs to look into soft good capes.  This thing, Jesus.  I didn’t have a p oblem with Magnetos cape but I hate this Batman one with a passion.

E2457FFE-C722-4ED2-9C4F-9D1FF2A34E5C.thumb.jpeg.242d7cd343b2e1186722ba1578dbad65.jpeg

It certainly doesn’t look great there. I’m guessing you could do better since Amazing Yamaguchi figures generally don’t look great in static poses like that. I didn’t really want the figure but ordered one anyway to support the line since I think it’s the best line in comic style toys ever.

51 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Got some Ichiban Kuji Chibi figures, courtesy of @kajnrig

Thanks, glad they got to you okay.

To be honest, I experienced a bit of seller's remorse after shipping them off. :lol: The nephews saw them as I was boxing them and were really bummed to learn they weren't for them. I think I'm gonna have to scour YJA again for these and all the others like them that were released.

So much for getting rid of all the knick-knacks. :lol:

5 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Thanks, glad they got to you okay.

To be honest, I experienced a bit of seller's remorse after shipping them off. :lol: The nephews saw them as I was boxing them and were really bummed to learn they weren't for them. I think I'm gonna have to scour YJA again for these and all the others like them that were released. 

So much for getting rid of all the knick-knacks. :lol:

Ha, my friend's probably going to want a monster of his own once he sees the one I've got.

I totally want the Gerwalk and Queadluun too.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

It certainly doesn’t look great there. I’m guessing you could do better since Amazing Yamaguchi figures generally don’t look great in static poses like that. I didn’t really want the figure but ordered one anyway to support the line since I think it’s the best line in comic style toys ever.

It isn't fun to pose.  And I never had the problem most people did with Magneto and his cape either.  This is the worst release they've put out from the Amazing Yamaguchi line.  I haven't seen a single review that anyone likes the cape.

3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It isn't fun to pose.  And I never had the problem most people did with Magneto and his cape either.  This is the worst release they've put out from the Amazing Yamaguchi line.  I haven't seen a single review that anyone likes the cape.

Sucks to hear. I liked the Magneto cape and figured this would be similar but better. Oh well, DC fails again, lol. 

14 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

I live in a apartment so the mail boxes aren't that big, in stead of bringing that box with the other to the door he crammed the movie in the boalbox which in no way was big enough, but thank the Macross God's it was in meant condition all with the rest of my amiami hual:lol:

IMG_20180904_175056.jpg

IMG_20180904_175121.jpg

Oh does that Mazinger Infinity blu ray have subs?

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

Thats why I didnt even bother buying AY Batman. I dont hate Magneto's cape but its not fun at all so anything that comes with this style of cape is a no go for me from now on. 

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sucks to hear. I liked the Magneto cape and figured this would be similar but better. Oh well, DC fails again, lol. 

Magnetos cape was complex but the pieces worked together with some massaging.  This cape fights itself and you at every step.  I’ll be skipping all other caped releases from now on.

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Oh does that Mazinger Infinity blu ray have subs?

Thats why I didnt even bother buying AY Batman. I dont hate Magneto's cape but its not fun at all so anything that comes with this style of cape is a no go for me from now on. 

It doesn't have subs, but I knew that before I bought it. Just a big fan of the movie plus having the 2 artbooks and the op and Ed songs on a real record was a very big plus.

4 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

It doesn't have subs, but I knew that before I bought it. Just a big fan of the movie plus having the 2 artbooks and the op and Ed songs on a real record was a very big plus.

I keep waiting for that damn movie to be released in the U.S. I am really happy I saw in theaters and would like to watch again. What is the hold up?

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I received 3 more Marvel Legends Psylockes that I ordered and ended up returning them.  If I get another black hair variant, then I’ll probably keep it to open.

Nice Hot Wheels Spider-Mobile and Punisher Van @Slave IV.

Thanks! The Spider-Buggy was a must buy but I like the other two as well. The Punisher van reminds me of the old Punisher War Journal days. I hope you find two more black Psylockes so I can convince you to sell me one. ;)

Got these today. ^_^ 

Figure Oh No.246
dJcYUuO.jpg 

Mafex No.065 Tetsuwan Atom
hAUzcmn.jpg 

Robot Damashii Side MS No.132 Aegis Gundam
zdIHhYs.jpg 

In preparation for the upcoming Robot Damashii Nightingale.
Metal Robot Damashii Hi-Nu Gundam
ggP54N5.jpg 

Metal Build Aile Strike Gundam and some cool looking 'Letter Opener'. :rolleyes:
iEykhBs.jpg 

hTrXuDI.jpg 

Edited by no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Been having some fun in the limited time I've had with Sentinel's God Gravion over the past few days... no idea of where I'm even going to put it when I shelve it... looks like it's time for a new Detolf... sigh.

2-245.png

Haha, I know what you mean. I think I need a whole house made of Detolf. Gravion looks amazing!

6 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

That makes me wonder if a crazy 3P manufacturer would do over-oversized VF-1 one day, a la Atlas Optimus Prime.

Credits to @tekering for this blowing mind picture! OOSKO.jpg

I can't wait to get mine. I'm going to display him holding the WST Optimus in his palm. 

6 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

That makes me wonder if a crazy 3P manufacturer would do over-oversized VF-1 one day, a la Atlas Optimus Prime.

That would be awesome for sure. But should they do a 1/32 or just go ahead and make a transforming 1/20 scale? Now that would really be 'oversized'. Since it's 3P let's hope they keep the price under $450. Now who's in for one? ^_^

maxVF-1re_fixw_640_hq.jpg.a2e6ba2991ad544647c43971fb828a84.jpg.d7327ff58132598ae9ede2f013a415c0.jpg

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Where is that sphere from? Would be nice to use with Sue. 

I found the spheres at home.  If it was left alone like that then it would be good for Sue but I’m going to add energy details on the inside and outside and paint them.

58 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I found the spheres at home.  If it was left alone like that then it would be good for Sue but I’m going to add energy details on the inside and outside and paint them.

Nice...look forward to see that. I've been on the lookout for clear spheres ever since I got the little Fantastic Four Marvel Universe set a while ago. I want to get a big half sphere to put over the entire figure.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice...look forward to see that. I've been on the lookout for clear spheres ever since I got the little Fantastic Four Marvel Universe set a while ago. I want to get a big half sphere to put over the entire figure.

Would this work for you?

https://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Dome-Plastic-Hemisphere-Pre-Drilled/dp/B01LZMZG5M/ref=gwm_tlc_pi?pf_rd_s=grid-6&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=2W873XGWE8JF9972X2AP&pf_rd_p=9aba4544-934d-42d8-b6b5-30616bf879a2&pd_rd_i=B01LZMZG5M

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Thanks but that's expensive and the rim doesn't look great. For a size big enough to fit a figure or a few figures, it would be $40+. Something simple and cheap like plastic bottle material would be perfect.