Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Oh well I’ll be returning the 5 Psylockes with purple hair.

Good thing my 1/100 Fan Liner, 1/100 Fan Racer, and 1/12 Mospeada Weapons Set should be coming in this week and my loose and sealed Marvel Legends Deadpool wave 2 figures should be coming in Thursday.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Oh well I’ll be returning the 5 Psylockes with purple hair.

Good thing my 1/100 Fan Liner, 1/100 Fan Racer, and 1/12 Mospeada Weapons Set should be coming in this week and my loose and sealed Marvel Legends Deadpool wave 2 figures should be coming in Thursday.

may I ask where you get the fan liner and racer from? thanks

I've seen review of the NX-74205 on YouTube and not surprisingly that some of the paint details are muted as compared to the smaller version. For a larger scale of any Starfleet ships, you wish that Eaglemoss would put a little more paint detail to the XL line? Nope... Got to do it yourself.    

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

I've seen review of the NX-74205 on YouTube and not surprisingly that some of the paint details are muted as compared to the smaller version. For a larger scale of any Starfleet ships, you wish that Eaglemoss would put a little more paint detail to the XL line? Nope... Got to do it yourself.    

The muted colors don't bother me as the Defiant's color tones changed quite a lot during the series. That's pretty much how the Defiant is supposed to look. Though they botched up the rear "grill" on the warp nacelles, because Eaglemoss researchers suck and based it off the damaged Defiant model before it went up for auction. (The rear grill broke off the studio model prior to auction, and Eaglemoss apparently used this version for reference.)

Should have painted the bronze bars on the front too.

Of course the real offender is the Enterprise-A, which I skipped. They completed botched the saucer and bridge dome, even though they got them correct on the smaller version. WTF Eaglemoss?

2 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Like it a lot, too. The pic with the pilot inside is great , but it screams for panel lining imho. :good:

Thanks! I’ve never panel lined one of my toys before but I was thinking it would help in this case too. The main thing is I think it should have been made with darker grey plastic. 

On 8/25/2018 at 9:13 AM, CrossAir said:

Btw, my latest shipments have just arrived - After almost two month without any order, it felt almost like to be in detox: :yahoo: 

Nice! I still need to build both of those Jestas.

8 minutes ago, Saburo said:

For the dioramas I found this Matchbox Forklift almost matches the scale is the 1/60 VF-1.  It’s also in Hikaru colors. @no3Ljm it’s your color scheme. :lol:

4386DB80-5EAC-43E1-A332-A0567231C78A.thumb.jpeg.1c485953f4dcb8f7340dbb1438cc52f5.jpeg

Looks good together! It’s nice that most Matchbox and Hot Wheels are roughly around 1/60 scale.