Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

18 hours ago, Podtastic said:

You said it. I remember trying to watch Gatchaman Crowds and being unable to stomache it.

A lot (sometimes insane amount) of detail went into the artwork in some of those shows in 80s. Paul "Otaking" Johnson said as much in one of his youtube videos.

If you havent already you should check out his short animated TIE fighter and Dr. Who films on youtube.

His animated version of level one of R-Type is really good too, minus the cheesy dialog.

New toy, from Amazon JP.

Ordered Friday, shipped Saturday, received today (Tuesday).  All for $85 shipped!  Hard to beat that price with 3 day shipping from Japan to the US!

IMAG1612.thumb.jpg.90eae28d56e946fe64947070d53a515a.jpg

Edited by dafob

15 minutes ago, dafob said:

New toy, from Amazon JP.

Ordered Friday, shipped Saturday, received today (Tuesday).  All for $85 shipped!  Can't beat that price with 3 day shipping from Japan!

That looks a lot better than the padded envelope packaging the other guy here who just got his VF-1S Messer from Amazon.jp got.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I guess I need to start ordering more things from Amazon Japan. Cheap 3day shipping to Cali? That's a definite incentive.

Yeah, I learned my lesson when MP-36 Megs was released.  I had ordered from AE and used SAL to save on shipping (even then it was like $25 and took 3 weeks).  But people were posting that they ordered from Amazon JP and got 2-3 day shipping for $10, so they ended up paying less than what I paid AND got their stuff in 2-3 days.

Since then, I've been using Amazon JP for MP's and it's been great!  Now I can add Macross to the list.  I guess the risk is that you have to wait and hope Amazon gets whatever you're looking for because they don't always get it and you could miss out on a PO.

1 hour ago, dafob said:

New toy, from Amazon JP.

Ordered Friday, shipped Saturday, received today (Tuesday).  All for $85 shipped!  Hard to beat that price with 3 day shipping from Japan to the US!

Wow great price and shipping speed! I paid US98.80 from Bandai's online store in April and it only shipped (to Aus) yesterday.

Edited by apptt4
words

4 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

damn... that's a good deal and amazing shipping time! Can I use Amazon Japan here to order here in the US? How do I read it and pay for the items? 

Yup, you can order from Amazon Japan direct to a US address, and with a credit card.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

If you use Chrome, you can use the browser to google translate the pages as well.

33 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yup, you can order from Amazon Japan direct to a US address, and with a credit card.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

If you use Chrome, you can use the browser to google translate the pages as well.

... or you could just set the website to English.  Just look for the little Globe icon:

171795764_ScreenShot2018-08-14at5_39_50PM.png.3947b09b4486d544c5e3dfced6dc6965.png

Some things won't ship to the US but I've found most things will ship if you purchase at release and it's sold (or fulfilled) by AJ.

Edited by dafob

22 minutes ago, dafob said:

... or you could just set the website to English.  Just look for the little Globe icon:

171795764_ScreenShot2018-08-14at5_39_50PM.png.3947b09b4486d544c5e3dfced6dc6965.png

Some things won't ship to the US but I've found that most things will ship if you purchase at release and it's sold (or fulfilled) by AJ.

Thanks! 

48 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

damn... that's a good deal and amazing shipping time! Can I use Amazon Japan here to order here in the US? How do I read it and pay for the items? 

Hey Derex. Just a heads up that most items for PO at Amazon JP doesn't ship internationally. But once it's available after it gets released, some third party sellers offers international shipping.

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Derex. Just a heads up that most items for PO at Amazon JP doesn't ship internationally. But once it's available after it gets released, some third party sellers offers international shipping.

hmmm, thats not my experience but I haven't gotten any macross stuff from amazon jp yet.  MP transformers....Amazon jp (first party) the best route for sure.  i always forget to check them for macross stuff though.

Edited by Mechapilot77

1 hour ago, apptt4 said:

looks great on that front angle

I had to be clever with the angle.  From the side he's standing too tall and awkward.  And I had to place the hand over his shin/ankle to hide the fact I had to rotate the split at the shin to get him to lunge that far forward.  But it looks effing awkward from any other angle, he just can't get as deep of a front stance as I'd like.

Edited by Mommar

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Details like these make collections truly great. When you can have a sense on scale with same scale "real world" vehicles, and figures. I wish Macross would do things like this. I think it makes any collection better. 

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Details like these make collections truly great. When you can have a sense on scale with same scale "real world" vehicles, and figures. I wish Macross would do things like this. I think it makes any collection better. 

yeah def

It's here!  :yahoo:

2024377924_TIEbox.thumb.jpg.090f59c04ef19dc10bb974068bfe5af3.jpg

And it's definitive.

1101320396_TIEsthenandnow.thumb.jpg.18097bbddc14f48762d087f0017912cc.jpg

Remember the old Kenner toy?

1864214784_KennerTIEcockpit.thumb.jpg.71d591a07fd9c1194e6510284888590f.jpg

Look at what we have nowadays: 

352852072_HasbroTIEcockpit.thumb.jpg.b5b6e73936e317210cb6688df59e889b.jpg

That was then, this is now.  :p

732824382_throughthewindow.thumb.jpg.0c5d53772c2e096b03b9e73f3f8e7b8a.jpg

Then...

121365662_TIEs35yearsago.jpg.32da22151cf7e00d02ce2e85deb15052.jpg

...and now.  8)

1928215400_TIEstoday.thumb.jpg.64e8852f3c4ea117e51dd7486d6215ba.jpg

What a time to be a Star Wars collector!  :D

WOW! Those new Tie's are pretty darn cool! Wish I had room for like two! I had the old school white one and the old X-wing/Y-wing/Slave 1/Falcon and Snowspeeder back in the 80's. Gave them all to Goodwill years and years ago. Kept all my figures though! Have them displayed now 

Edited by derex3592

Ok, I definitely will have to track down one of those TIEs.  That's gorgeous.  Ditto on an Interceptor, if they do it.  I'm out of the loop on SW merch though, where are those available?

Given how many of the large scale FX-scale X-Wings I have, I should really go for several, but I've got too much stuff already. :lol:  What I really do wish they would do is give the Y-Wing a proper treatment though.  They managed to get fairly proportional versions of all the other fighters, but the Y-Wing toys always looked rather chibi-fied, and mis-scaled for the figures.

Edited by Chronocidal

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So, the big deal, as I recall, with the Fumina figure was the multi-color injection tech used to give different shades to the skin.

How good does it look in person?

Yep! The process is really cool and the figure looks great overall. It's hard to say how much difference the multi color injection makes without seeing the same thing without multi color next to it but the arms are not multi color injected and I think the body and legs do have some more realistic tone and depth to them. Only problem to me is I don't get why they chose to put some of the multi color sprue connections on exposed parts of the skin where you can see the two colors. The sprue marks were a pain and many of them were unremoveable to me. The mold seam lines on the other hand were very easy to blend out. The new process intrigued me, which is the main reason I got this kit and looking at it on my shelf right now, it looks fantastic! I also wanted some practice with kits before I put the little canon parts on my PF SDF-1 and build a bunch of Star Wars kits I've had sitting around for years.

Edited by Slave IV