Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

A3816169-BD7A-4C85-B34C-2A77083B404C.thumb.jpeg.d450fa7ff58a1cac3e6cb945228d9147.jpeg

Opened up a few chain bases and will open more later.  I like them.

Looks awesome!

I just noticed you got a purple Psylocke too. LOL, I thought that would be the hard one to find but turns out to be the black one. Did you get one of those yet?

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Gladiator Hulk looks closer to 1:18 scale... and why is he holding a baby...?

In the Old Logan comic Logan comes by a family of weird, back woods, hill billy redneck Hulks and saves the baby.

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Gladiator Hulk looks closer to 1:18 scale... and why is he holding a baby...?

Gladiator Hulk is from the SH Figuarts line which is a smaller scale.  And he's next to a Mezco which is roughly 1:12 but their Wolverine is too tall.

16 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Deadpool Wave showed up today.  Sauron is effing amazing!

089B28A4-41BC-46A7-8E5C-F07AEC4DC98E.thumb.jpeg.25887d08cb29a1b5a81381235e0ff7f8.jpeg

Holy $#@! That Sauron is fantastic! Is he the build a fig with this wave? (...I'm soooooo out of loop!...)

8 minutes ago, MaxFan2112 said:

Holy $#@! That Sauron is fantastic! Is he the build a fig with this wave? (...I'm soooooo out of loop!...)

Yeah, he's the BAF.  I highly recommend this one.  Kind of a bitch to pose because he's heavy (note i had to use two stands to keep him up.)  I'm just stoked that in the span of three weeks we've got five new X-Men villains and they're all pretty great.  Omega Red could use a wash, though.  He's a bit flat.  I was not thrilled about all of the Deadpool figures but the Alternate head for the X-Men Deadpool and the Lady Deadpool are actually pretty great looking.

On 8/6/2018 at 10:07 PM, Slave IV said:

Looks awesome!

I just noticed you got a purple Psylocke too. LOL, I thought that would be the hard one to find but turns out to be the black one. Did you get one of those yet?

Thanks.  I haven’t received any of the other Psylockes yet but if there is more than one with black hair, I’ll let you know.  Be on the lookout for one for me as well.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:00 AM, seti88 said:

Nice custom armored CF! Looking forward to the thunder hammer armor to be in the pic as well..

Thanks seti88.

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha yeah, Bruce Banner Jr. 

As for scale, close enough for me. Hulk is towering over Logan. He could tower a bit more but nbd. Will see if the Mezco version is bigger when I get that one. 

I think the Marvel Select Gladiator Hulk is bigger than all of them.  I might still get that one.

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

Deadpool Wave showed up today.  Sauron is effing amazing!

089B28A4-41BC-46A7-8E5C-F07AEC4DC98E.thumb.jpeg.25887d08cb29a1b5a81381235e0ff7f8.jpeg

They look great.  That Sauron is awesome.  Did you get them at BBTS or Dorkside?  Still waiting on a lot of my Marvel Legends which is good and bad.  The good being that I’m not charged for them yet.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I haven’t received any of the other Psylockes yet but if there is more than one with black hair, I’ll let you know.  Be on the lookout for one for me as well.

Thanks seti88.

I think the Marvel Select Gladiator Hulk is bigger than all of them.  I might still get that one.

They look great.  That Sauron is awesome.  Did you get them at BBTS or Dorkside?  Still waiting on a lot of my Marvel Legends which is good and bad.  The good being that I’m not charged for them yet.

Will do! 

Yeah, the Select Hulk should be the biggest. I justify the 7x cost x2 (for the Mezco version too) with the better articulation and overall quality. 

And yeah, I’m ok with my Sauron wave taking its time. I have 6 or more full wave cases that I still haven’t got around to opening yet. Gonna open the last X-Men wave first mainly for Apokalypse and then the Venom wave mainly for Spider Ham. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Got around to opening up my 1/1 scale Excalibur. Looks pretty cool and it satisfies any desire I might have had to pick up a lightsaber replica.

Now to figure out where to put something of this size... :unsure:

919467917_excaliburproplica02.jpg.b1083b22ae1f4393c42fc7c145955993.jpg

535683298_excaliburproplica03.jpg.af255ea8205dfee17ad5d40526f21381.jpg

That looks nice! I keep my saber on top of one of my shelves. 

Well.... I think I might have to put AmiAmi on my no-shop list moving forward.

Back in early April, I ordered from them an HMR toy.... a toy that never arrived.

Both JapanPost and USPS tracking showed the toy ending up at a USPS distribution facility, but never leaving it. To this day, tracking still says the package never left the facility.

After my package showed no signs of movement for a couple of weeks, I contacted USPS to do a search. No luck there. I then contacted AmiAmi, who told me to wait another month. Still nothing. So AmiAmi said they would contact JapanPost and told me to wait another month or 2. 

Finally, a week ago, almost 4 months after I placed my order, AmiAmi said they would send me a refund.... about 7,000 yen of my nearly 14,000 yen purchase.... which I find frustrating. Why they can't send me a replacement order, or fully refund me, I have no idea, nor will they explain it to me.

AmiAmi told me they would be sending out the refund last Wednesday. Well, now it is a week later and the refund still has not appeared in my PayPal account... which is just making me more frustrated with them. And the email I sent asking them about the refund has gone unanswered.

I have ordered a lot of stuff from AmiAmi these past 5 months. This particular HMR order is the only time I have been disappointed with the store. But geez, this experience dealing with AmiAmi's customer support... or lack of it... has been quite off-putting, enough so that I question if I ever want to shop from them again. I now consider AmiAmi as shopping at your own risk. You may never receive what you paid for, and yet still lose money. 

*sigh* 

Now I am very concerned about my existing pre-orders I already have at AmiAmi.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

10 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Well.... I think I might have to put AmiAmi on my no-shop list moving forward.

Back in early April, I ordered from them an HMR toy.... a toy that never arrived.

Both JapanPost and USPS tracking showed the toy ending up at a USPS distribution facility, but never leaving it. To this day, tracking still says the package never left the facility.

After my package showed no signs of movement for a couple of weeks, I contacted USPS to do a search. No luck there. I then contacted AmiAmi, who told me to wait another month. Still nothing. So AmiAmi said they would contact JapanPost and told me to wait another month or 2. 

Finally, a week ago, almost 4 months after I placed my order, AmiAmi said they would send me a refund.... about 7,000 yen of my nearly 14,000 yen purchase.... which I find frustrating. Why they can't send me a replacement order, or fully refund me, I have no idea, nor will they explain it to me.

AmiAmi told me they would be sending out the refund last Wednesday. Well, now it is a week later and the refund still has not appeared in my PayPal account... which is just making me more frustrated with them. And the email I sent asking them about the refund has gone unanswered.

I have ordered a lot of stuff from AmiAmi these past 5 months. This particular HMR order is the only time I have been disappointed with the store. But geez, this experience dealing with AmiAmi's customer support... or lack of it... has been quite off-putting, enough so that I question if I ever want to shop from them again. I now consider AmiAmi as shopping at your own risk. You may never receive what you paid for, and yet still lose money. 

*sigh* 

Now I am very concerned about my existing pre-orders I already have at AmiAmi.

Uh oh... I have something from them sitting at a USPS facility right now (and it has been there for 4 days).  Do you mind if I ask what kind of you shipping you used for the HMR item that got lost (perhaps SAL small package...)?

I also have several of the upcoming DX Chogokin releases pre-ordered with them.  I hope they turn out to be ok.

4 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Uh oh... I have something from them sitting at a USPS facility right now (and it has been there for 4 days).  Do you mind if I ask what kind of you shipping you used for the HMR item that got lost (perhaps SAL small package...)?

I also have several of the upcoming DX Chogokin releases pre-ordered with them.  I hope they turn out to be ok.

My order used SAL Small Packet Registered, costing 1490 yen in shipping fee.

Too bad it then got lost somewhere after it was handed off to USPS.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My order used SAL Small Packet Registered, costing 1490 yen in shipping fee.

Too bad it then got lost somewhere after it was handed off to USPS.

Yeah, I used SAL small packet registered for this.  

The tracking just now updated (while I type this), so maybe it is ok.  But it took 4 days to go from New York to New Jersey.

Just now, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, I used SAL small packet registered for this.  

The tracking just now updated (while I type this), so maybe it is ok.  But it took 4 days to go from New York to New Jersey.

Looking at AmiAmi's policy pages, it looks like you only get a full refund if you use EMS or DHL,

For SAL Small Packet Registered, their site says they refund up to 6000 yen, 

So.... them refunding about 7000 yen would be considered generous I guess.... if said refund ever actually showed up.

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Looking at AmiAmi's policy pages, it looks like you only get a full refund if you use EMS or DHL,

For SAL Small Packet Registered, their site says they refund up to 6000 yen, 

So.... them refunding about 7000 yen would be considered generous I guess.... if said refund ever actually showed up.

Maybe I'll go with EMS for the rest of the chogokin releases, for a little more peace of mind. But the ones I have pre-order I'm pretty sure will be hard to replace, even if I get a full refund, if they end up getting lost in transit.  But really, this could be USPS's fault more than AmiAmi.

I wanted the shipping on this item to be slower as I was mid-move, but I didn't expect it to be quite this slow.

Sorry about your lost package, I'll update here if/when I get mine in (it is the vf-31S Arad).

9 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Maybe I'll go with EMS for the rest of the chogokin releases, for a little more peace of mind. But the ones I have pre-order I'm pretty sure will be hard to replace, even if I get a full refund, if they end up getting lost in transit.  But really, this could be USPS's fault more than AmiAmi.

I wanted the shipping on this item to be slower as I was mid-move, but I didn't expect it to be quite this slow.

Sorry about your lost package, I'll update here if/when I get mine in (it is the vf-31S Arad).

Definitely a big part of my frustration is the package getting lost by USPS. I know that part is not AmiAmi's fault.

My frustration with AmiAmi largely stems from the LONG wait they make you go through, slow response time, and being told when a partial refund would be coming and it not showing up. When AmiAmi makes you go thru so much "waiting" and then makes you unexpectedly wait some more for the partial refund, it feels like they are kicking you when you are already down.

Yeah. SAL is low priority with USPS. I would rather pay a little more and see my items within a week than pay less and wait on average a month or two (if lucky) with possible box damage to boot. Some people get good service, though, and can deal with the extra wait.   

Also, I think 6000 JPY is the standard insurance value for Registered SAL SmartPost shipments using Japan Post. Someone else can chime in to correct me, if I'm wrong. I do know that you have to pay the higher priority shipping rates to get full insurance (as noted).

I wonder if it would be safer to go through AmiAmi's eBay listings rather than buying from AmiAmi.com directly.  At least then, you get eBay's money-back guarantee if the order never arrives. Also, you can use those 15% eBay coupons when those show up.

I think the main thing to consider here is that Macross toys are not made for sale outside of Japan and we are lucky to be getting them at all. It's no excuse for bad customer service but at this point, we all know that it is very difficult for a shop to support customers halfway around the world, especially for issues that are not their fault. Basicallly, I consider all these purchases "buy at your own risk". It sucks but hey, it's worth it to me to be able to get the toys I want.

11 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I wonder if it would be safer to go through AmiAmi's eBay listings rather than buying from AmiAmi.com directly.  At least then, you get eBay's money-back guarantee if the order never arrives. Also, you can use those 15% eBay coupons when those show up.

I think the recourse is basically the same. You can always file a PayPal dispute. 99.9% you will get a full refund but you probably won’t be able to order from them again. You can do the same via your Credit Card but again your AmiAmi account will probably be closed. 

Buying products from halfway around the world, that are not licensed for sale in your country, is definitely a buyer beware situation.

Not looking forward to my first “lost in transit” order but chances are it will happen sooner or later. 

13 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Yeah. SAL is low priority with USPS. I would rather pay a little more and see my items within a week than pay less and wait on average a month or two (if lucky) with possible box damage to boot. Some people get good service, though, and can deal with the extra wait.   

Also, I think 6000 JPY is the standard insurance value for Registered SAL SmartPost shipments using Japan Post. Someone else can chime in to correct me, if I'm wrong. I do know that you have to pay the higher priority shipping rates to get full insurance (as noted).

I did some digging. Here's the JP Post for lost stuff.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/damage_en.html

@Shizuka the Cat: You made me double think twice about my upcoming HMR Super O that I have my pre-order with. Still needs to be paid off and used SAL for postage.

Hmm.. Maybe you should use EMS for your next order just to be on the safe side.

On a side note: I'm actually waiting for a package from Manda via SAL (close to a month now).  As of right now, it says still in transit and maybe still sitting on the docks to be loaded. :mellow:

The way I look at it, I may loose some cash once and a while using SAL (haven't yet, knock on wood), but overall I'll save back at least that much in lower shipping costs vs EMS.

This does explain why some stores refuse to ship DX Chogokin valks via SAL though.

Sadly, that kind of customer service is par for the course for the majority Japan based shops. Shipping via SAL is crap shoot. Most of the time packages will make it to their destination, but every now and then a package will get lost, and it'll be your package.

I use SAL most of the time, but for expensive items I use EMS or some other more reliable shipping. That 6000 yen insurance on SAL doesn't cut it sometimes.