Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

July’s HLJ haul!

I wasn’t a fan of the 31S color scheme, until I saw the shade they used on the DX. It’s much less Christmassy than it first appeared.

I knew Dinobot was big, just didn’t realize how big.

Good Cool Kaiser VSX is a wonderfully over the top cluster gattai, yeah the feet don’t like to stay on when picked up, but I’m a fan for how ridiculous it is. (I’ll post a pic after work).

3D54EDA3-9522-49C2-9BED-8299AFC23211.jpeg

18 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@borgified  Word of warning on the wedding dress figure -- over time the plastic will oooze out something that's greasy under the figure, might wanna make sure it's on glass or something you don't care about, also the white dress plastic will become icky to the touch. 

Baby wipes are the solution. O used huggies wipes and problem solved.

7 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Baby wipes are the solution. O used huggies wipes and problem solved.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I just tried baby wipes on mine and it helped.  Thanks.

Should thought of using that first.. I'll give that a go and then give it a good wash down. Air dry for day and see the results.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The books are for me.

Will have to get the three Macross Tenjin art books when my funds recover. :)

I've had that Miria 639 for years. I don't know what kind of cheap PVC they used, but she gets all slimy and sticky after awhile and I have to wash her off with soap and water.

I'd like to know if putting a clear coat over her fixes the problem for you. 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Black Widow and her damn “combat heels” make her REALLY didficult to pose.

I know you collect Marvel Legends but I forgot if you also collect MCU Marvel Legends.

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

Will have to get the three Macross Tenjin art books when my funds recover. :)

The Tenjin Valkyries books are so lovely that I have a set kept unread and another set to look through.

39 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I have them for BAF purposes mostly.  Otherwise they go in the closet.  Why?

Oh I was just wondering if you were like the collectors who have an entire MCU shelf and if you collect any of the MCU Marvel Legends characters that aren’t released with SHF.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Oh I was just wondering if you were like the collectors who have an entire MCU shelf and if you collect any of the MCU Marvel Legends characters that aren’t released with SHF.

I have Scarlett Witch and Vision because SHF haven't made them.  Same with Bucky and Falcon until the SHF versions come out.  And I have the two of the Cul Obsidian Hasbro have released because I don't think Bandai will make any of them at all.

Not to derail the thread guys, for those who are Trekkies/Trekkers (which is the correct terminology that should be used?), the Eaglemoss XL Defiant (from DS9) is now available.

https://st-starshipsxl.com/shop/

Hopefully that the detailed work is better (?) than the smaller versions. We all know how Eaglemoss works these days... <_<

Edit: I believe that this was listed awhile back. My memories are getting really fuzzy...

Edited by borgified

On 7/28/2018 at 9:53 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

My Toynami 1/100 VF-1A Kakizaki (Ben Dixon) w/ pilot arrived.... and I immediately slapped on a set of Super Parts on it.

image.png.0ab3c69e78f070c7b529795755d87604.png

image.png.e4aa66c47370d448ea4dc6fc4bf2a6c0.pngimage.png.9e7fbeb977872ed1bcb8d2e217000153.png

I do have to admit... I am not used to the separate Super/Strike parts coming with yellow-tipped reaction missiles, versus the red-tipped ones that come with the bundles.

I kinda like the color of the non-white parts. Those looked darker on the preview shots. 

I may end up getting one as a placeholder for an eventual HMR version

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Careful with that 0A, specifically the Arcadia ones have frequent leg issues.

Yeah I know, I have transformed it to battloid mode, and the leg extensions worked with 0 issues so far, touch wood :)

Edited by Saviant
Spelling is hard

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

My NECA SDCC Predator Hawkins and 1 out of 2 copies of Macross Ace # 5 magazine arrived.  I’ll try to pick them up this week.

Speaking of Neca.  My SDCC exclusive TMNT box set was supposedly shipped last Thursday and was supposed to be delivered today.  Instead there's been no updates to the UPS shipping in six days and I have no idea where it is.