Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Got some packages in today and will probably pick them up tomorrow.

Marvel Legends Defenders set

More items for my growing 1/100 and HMR collection:  Wave 1/100 VF-17S, Wave 1/100 VF-22S, and Arii 1/100 Regult Scout.

Also got some items for parts and the little figures that are included with them:  Arii 1/100 VF-1D for the VF-1D head and Roy figure, 15th Anniversary VF-1A Gerwalk for the Misa figure.

I read that Dorkside should have the Marvel Legends X-Men wave by Friday so that’s cool.

Another package of 1/100 items is coming in later.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I just hit the jackpot!

5b50cc512b794_MarvelLegends_PsylockeVariant_DSCN3564.jpg.e9c6ee9253b51c3fa9a3212f4303d8eb.jpg

Purple hair variant! Now I just hope the one in the case I ordered will have the black hair.

Cool.  Where did you get it?

1 minute ago, sh9000 said:

Cool.  Where did you get it?

A Target on the way to work. They also had Winter Soldier/Falccon 2 pk, Gladiator, Venom and Carnage. I was really surprised to see this as the only figure from the wave there besides Gladiator.

Three, yes three, of these beautiful sets showed up today. Came out yesterday for Lego VIP members, IMMEDIATELY swooped three, gladly paid for 1 day shipping and here we are. I'm a HUGE Bond fan, I've owned every film in four different formats over the years, I can honestly recite every line from most films in the franchise, I HAD to have this. One to open and build, one for MISB, and for one a good friend's b-day.

A lot of car enthusiasts are bummed by this set, being Creator many expected a more spot on vehicle, but honestly, this is a Bond car, not just a model DB5. I feel Lego shouldn't even bother if they weren't going to throw in iconic gadgets and gimmicks, a more accurate to the real vehicle but gadgetless Bond DB5 would be a pass IMO. Having to fit so many features in, I think Lego did a pretty fantastic job with the shape overall. Could it be more accurate? Absolutely. Could it be more accurate without breaking the already pricey $150 price tag and fit all the features that actually make this a Bond car in? Highly doubtful, Lego did an amazing job with this IMO.

20180719_160638.thumb.jpg.1abdae3bdb922c481f9892ef84093fcb.jpg20180719_160705.thumb.jpg.10bfe35d815b16c7532f8782b603766d.jpg

@Tking22: A Bond car isn't a Bond car without its gadgets.. I'm waffling over this one or the Go Loin (Voltron) although the DB5 is an iconic British car and well known within the franchise (and the door doesn't fall off when you pick it up just by one door only and dangle it over your desk/table edge). 

Voltron is $180 USD ($220 CND) for 5 separate lions and it can combine to a bigger mecha and then take it apart for display if one chooses. Everyone has their reasons for choosing either one.

Mine for today.

DSC00935.jpg

4 hours ago, borgified said:

@Tking22: A Bond car isn't a Bond car without its gadgets.. I'm waffling over this one or the Go Loin (Voltron) although the DB5 is an iconic British car and well known within the franchise (and the door doesn't fall off when you pick it up just by one door only and dangle it over your desk/table edge). 

Voltron is $180 USD ($220 CND) for 5 separate lions and it can combine to a bigger mecha and then take it apart for display if one chooses. Everyone has their reasons for choosing either one.

Mine for today.

DSC00935.jpg

Nice! I've definitely been enjoying the Old Man Logan run since it started up during and after Secret Wars.

Got a package in the mail today..actually got a few packages but the only one I had time to open had this:

5b51731691e1a_MarvelLegends_Ragnarok_Thor_Valkyrie_DSC06678.jpg.8ef6672b7cf9a1382f629f8593aa2ed6.jpg

My MCU collection is getting out of hand. Can't complain as I ordered this during the recent ridiculous sale Target had.

Supervtoys has preorders of Multiple Man in sets of 4 and 8 but that’s probably too many.

I haven’t picked up any of my packages yet but it will be one Marvel haul and one Macross haul.

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Supervtoys has preorders of Multiple Man in sets of 4 and 8 but that’s probably too many.

I haven’t picked up any of my packages yet but it will be one Marvel haul and one Macross haul.

Jamie Madrox is known to make multiple copies of himself when needed; however he kicked the bucket since contracting the Legacy Virus.

17 minutes ago, borgified said:

Jamie Madrox is known to make multiple copies of himself when needed; however he kicked the bucket since contracting the Legacy Virus.

9BA4EEC7-0FF7-439B-8D78-8F3D4268274E.jpeg.902e2a97bce67a375eb43e1a88829327.jpeg

Yeah I know but @Mommar said he only wanted 3 of them.

1 hour ago, Pulltoeject said:

I personally like the look of the naked sdf-1..... when I find one at a decent price I'll just weather it up a bit, all those painted on  "lights" the premium has makes it look a bit off to my eyes

Exactly my thoughts. But hey, to each his/her own ;). On a side note, anyone knows if there are shapeway/3D printed acessories for the sdf-1? say for example 1/3000 gripper arm+VF-1 during launch, or 1/3000 monster or destroids?

Edited by aaajin

18 hours ago, borgified said:

He's still alive.  They claimed that was one of his dupes.

2 hours ago, scand said:

I've been out of the Macross toy collecting game for the better of a decade and a half... This was my pull last month. I miss my 1/48s :sniffles:

Well, you're in luck. Looks like Bandai's in the 1/48 game now. 1/48 VF-1J pre-orders are this Friday JST.

So... my Yamato 1/60 VF-19F arrived from Amazon and I just realized something...

This is the first time I have actually gotten a Macross toy that was new and sealed in that clear plastic wrapping.

Up to now, everything I have gotten has been in great condition, but technically used and hence not sealed.... as my acquisitions up to now have either been from Jungle, AmiAmi, Mandarake, eBay, Yahoo Japan auctions, or MWF trades.

So now, with regards to the 19F... there is a part of me that is struggling to unseal the toy. It's like, do I want to pop this valkyrie's cherry? Do I want to have it circumcised?

This hesitations... it is such a weird feeling.

OMG... I've become *THAT* kind of collector now, haven't I?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

24 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So... my Yamato 1/60 VF-19F arrived from Amazon and I just realized something...

This is the first time I have actually gotten a Macross toy that was new and sealed in that clear plastic wrapping.

Up to now, everything I have gotten has been in great condition, but technically used and hence not sealed.... as my acquisitions up to now have either been from Jungle, AmiAmi, Mandarake, eBay, Yahoo Japan auctions, or MWF trades.

So now, with regards to the 19F... there is a part of me that is struggling to unseal the toy. It's like, do I want to pop this valkyrie's cherry? Do I want to have it circumcised?

This is where you come into understanding of those members here who used to always try and buy five copies of the Valkyries when they came out - three for the three modes, one for swooshing, one for MISB duties. A few of those members have recently sold their extras though - lack of room, or their collecting interests changed. 

You've got Schrödinger’s Valkyrie there! I do not envy you your dilemma. That said, it’s kinda a nice dilemma to have!

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

SET IT FREE TO FLLLYYY!!!  and honestly, you gotta try the transformation on the Yamato 19. It's great. 

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You want to open it.

Also, circumcision and losing virginity are two VERY different things.

33 minutes ago, Mommar said:

You want to open it.

Yeah I wouldn’t put genital mutilation in the same category as sexy times or fun toys. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

Score.

78945102-550A-4121-B4E5-B14F568C0FA0.thumb.jpeg.c4ce201d797ca055d499912a9ceac6ed.jpeg

Upon inspection of this Psylock I need to find the black haired version.  I don’t understand why they changed her costume color as well as the hair because this costume color is wrong.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

You want to open it.

I more meant that opening the sealed shrink wrap would be a very painful, one and done sort of thing.... much like losing one's virginity or what I imagine circumcision must be like....

(Sorry, circumcision was the closest thing I could think of for guys that was remotely close to losing one's virginity)

Anyways. I will probably open the box sometime soon.... eventually. And when I finally do unseal it... it will hurt. I might even cry.  =)

Sorry, I'll shut up now and play with my toys in the corner over there.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat