Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Another recent arrival.  I love it! It is orange!  Orange and blue are my 2 favorite colors!

*snip*

This makes it my 12th 1/60 scale VF-1 toy... the 10 pictured below, plus a TV Max at work and an Hikaru VF-1J in GBP armor.

*snip*

If orange and blue are your favorite colors you should have at least one DX Chogokin YF-25 in your collection. :p 

2 weeks of stalking the various websites paid off when this guy came up for sale at PO price long after release. Although stated as damaged packaging, I'm not find any. 

1D60D505-EBB0-4183-9022-3FCE35E799AD.jpeg

Edited by eXis10z

55 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

2 weeks of stalking the various websites paid off when this guy came up for sale at PO price long after release. Although stated as damaged packaging, I'm not find any. 

1D60D505-EBB0-4183-9022-3FCE35E799AD.jpeg

Think they meant damaged goods...with what happened to Spidey and all :p

15 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Another recent arrival.  I love it! It is orange!  Orange and blue are my 2 favorite colors!

image.png.b39eba2951cb179a277b1cda92090d63.png

This makes it my 12th 1/60 scale VF-1 toy... the 10 pictured below, plus a TV Max at work and an Hikaru VF-1J in GBP armor.

image.png.9be476361bffe65a8965365a8308a73c.png

The collection is growing too fast for the cabinet ! These ones look protected from dust, if you plan to add a new cabinet for the top figures, make sure to pick one with a closing door too to avoid an excess of dust. Even the classic Detolf need a cleaning twice a year

5 hours ago, Zx31 said:

The hosting site is MW, it was a direct upload.

Re-did it. Maybe something funky when I tried to upload on mobile

Shows up now. When I tried to go to the linked file directly previously iit asked for a login to Slack.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

57 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Shows up now. When I tried to go to the linked file directly previously iit asked for a login to Slack.

Huh, that's interesting. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on that when trying to post from mobile.

Marker Airbrush works remarkably well. I was surprised how well the paint turns out after being atomized off a marker nub. I used it on a HG 00 Diver kit to paint what would normally be stickers and it works quite well in situations where you're repainting whole parts or masking off details to paint. With some practice and maybe a pressure regulator I could probably do some decent weathering or camo. I'd say if you're curious about air brushes, this seems to be the perfect entry point.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

After all picking up all those Metal Build Gundams recently, I decided I needed an RX-78 to go with them. Not having one would be like having a Macross collection without a VF-1! :shok:

5b44ee8a22aac_loot2018-07-10.thumb.jpg.ce8142291ca730ebf16336f6aee82c10.jpg

Nice! This one is a Metal Build posing as a Metal Composite (thats a good thing :lol:)

Edited by anubis20

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Nice! This one is a Metal Build posing as a Metal Composite (thats a good thing :lol:)

Nice pick-up @Lolicon!

@anubis20would you say the same regarding the #0000 Limited GN-000 0 Gundam TYPE A.C.D? I picked one up from Mandarake about a two months ago in anticipation of getting Ready Player One on Blu Ray.

Also, this thread reminds me of how completely and utterly neglectful I am of taking pics of my new purchases (not to mention the stuff I'm trying to sell). :D 

-b.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

After all picking up all those Metal Build Gundams recently, I decided I needed an RX-78 to go with them. Not having one would be like having a Macross collection without a VF-1! :shok:

good pick. that's the best there is ,right now.

4 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Nice pick-up @Lolicon!

@anubis20would you say the same regarding the #0000 Limited GN-000 0 Gundam TYPE A.C.D? I picked one up from Mandarake about a two months ago in anticipation of getting Ready Player One on Blu Ray.

Also, this thread reminds me of how completely and utterly neglectful I am of taking pics of my new purchases (not to mention the stuff I'm trying to sell). :D 

-b.

The #0000 Limited GN-000 0 Gundam also have lots of diecast so it will feel like a Metal Build.  But it's based frame is of the older #1001 Metal Composite RX-78-2 with G Fighter.

It's still good but "the Origin" rx-78-2 (#1009) will be able to pull off better poses.

7 hours ago, F360 said:

The #0000 Limited GN-000 0 Gundam also have lots of diecast so it will feel like a Metal Build.  But it's based frame is of the older #1001 Metal Composite RX-78-2 with G Fighter.

It's still good but "the Origin" rx-78-2 (#1009) will be able to pull off better poses.

Ah, thanks very much for the info! Sounds like another item to be added to the wishlist.

-b.

15 hours ago, F360 said:

8 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Ah, thanks very much for the info! Sounds like another item to be added to the wishlist.

-b.

I have to be honest and for me the the 0 Gundam sucked big time. I ended up selling it because it felt so light and the articulation was pretty bad. They just re-shelled the RX-78 ka. Im still waiting for a new 0 Gundam to come out. The Origin RX-78 and Wing Zero have been as good as Metal Builds. 

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

David Hasselhoff action figures?

In terms of Michael Knight figures of him, there were several.

562A083B-7D78-40A2-B939-09FC901A5B4C.thumb.jpeg.f8436c8ebbbf4220f808bc3c9848757f.jpeg

06DE7CB8-814F-4285-B220-05473AB2FC8B.thumb.jpeg.bbad5c85a8a3f401672c3c5ba7810237.jpeg

Got my Articulated Icons 6” Ninjas x3 and Hot Wheels 1/64 BTAS Batmobile x2.