Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

True! Other than the “even less worth getting” part. It’s the best line in comic style toys ever...every one of them is worth getting, IMO. I think there are only 8 at this point. 

I don’t think Spider-Man or Venom are worth getting and Magneto, Deadpool and Cap are just okay.  Carnage, Wolverine and Spider-Gwen are the only three stand-outs.  IMO.

23 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I don’t think Spider-Man or Venom are worth getting and Magneto, Deadpool and Cap are just okay.  Carnage, Wolverine and Spider-Gwen are the only three stand-outs.  IMO.

Again, all good. Different tastes are common. To me, even the worst of this line are better than the best of other company attempts. Only Cap is really off to me lookswise but it comes with nice options and accessories.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

DSC_1425.thumb.JPG.22293cf7b912d0216ce85559e49d0429.JPG

Just got:

1/100 VF-19 Variable Model Kit

Banpresto SD Valkyries set

VF-1J Keychain

And the last issue I needed to complete Macross Chronicle ;)

I must confess... I never understood the appeal of SD figures.

7 hours ago, borgified said:

DSC00906.jpg

As I've just fallen head-over-heels in love with Nickelodeon's CGI TMNT series, it's daunting to see just how many figures were produced from the show!  :o

Only a small handful were imported into Japan, and among them, some are good:

great.thumb.jpg.14df3ec83975232c8c6cb635aaffdab2.jpg

Some are okay...

okay.thumb.jpg.aa84a155a71a490c6ebbf00e90a653bd.jpg

...and some are awful.  

bad.thumb.jpg.6b277457de74f4aef561a06b1d4d4c0e.jpg

Most of the line is distressingly off-scale and off-model, but there appear to be a few gems as well.  I definitely need the Fujitoid, and Usagi Yojimbo, and... what others would you recommend?

4 hours ago, tekering said:

As I've just fallen head-over-heels in love with Nickelodeon's CGI TMNT series, it's daunting to see just how many figures were produced from the show!  :o

Only a small handful were imported into Japan, and among them, some are good:

great.thumb.jpg.14df3ec83975232c8c6cb635aaffdab2.jpg

Some are okay...

okay.thumb.jpg.aa84a155a71a490c6ebbf00e90a653bd.jpg

...and some are awful.  

bad.thumb.jpg.6b277457de74f4aef561a06b1d4d4c0e.jpg

Most of the line is distressingly off-scale and off-model, but there appear to be a few gems as well.  I definitely need the Fujitoid, and Usagi Yojimbo, and... what others would you recommend?

You got the four Turtles in Training, Mousers, Foot Solders and Metalhead; that's a good start right there. Usagi is not the best overall IMO, however a little paint on a few spots will make a difference.

Get: Leatherhead (alligator)

Maybe: Weedhead, Kirby the bat and the Psycho Looking Squirrel.  

The bottom three of Fishface, April and Dogpound are not that great. *Do not get Casey Jones, Baxter Stockman as that looks terrible as well!

To bad that you're not in either in the States or Canada, otherwise you can pick and choose your own TMNT figures.. Good to see your spotlight on Maz's blog on TFsource. ;)

Here's the back of Usagi's Packaging. The ones from the first and second run of Playmates TMNT figures are a must get.

Edit: Happy Canada Day to you (as you're from Edmonton originally). :drinks:    

DSC00909.jpg

Edited by borgified

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I must confess... I never understood the appeal of SD figures.

I love SD figures :) 

234B34EE-CD34-4237-A8A4-4FD8777027CF.jpeg

17423E5F-3A9B-4E68-BF77-C80C030FEFF8.jpeg

Don’t you have a bunch of those lucky seven vf-25 figs? I have the same ones languishing in a closet. No room to display. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

On 7/1/2018 at 3:35 PM, borgified said:

Usagi is not the best overall IMO, however a little paint on a few spots will make a difference.

I've never been afraid to add a little paint.  Some figures definitely need it.

Splinter, for example, is supposed to look like this:

Splinter.png.648b255c8ae29649580eb10bbfd5d11b.png

Not like this.

5b3a631728f82_Splinterbefore.thumb.jpg.87482af7ae601e106919390cca304dfa.jpg

So I did this:

5b3a6422b1d2f_Splinterafter.thumb.jpg.01c72e2c88781dc35d1dc0a56d48b3ab.jpg

Now I'm a lot more satisfied with the figure.

5b3a643a304c1_Splinterclose.thumb.jpg.03cdbc67ddbc029989d391fab7906001.jpg

Sure, it looks like a sloppy, hand-painted custom now, but at least it's an improvement.  B))

Get: Leatherhead (alligator)

Maybe: Weedhead, Kirby the bat and the Psycho Looking Squirrel.

Thanks borgified, but it seems I'm a lot pickier about scale than you are.  The Squirrelanoid is about 30% smaller than he should be, Leatherhead is about 50% smaller than he should be, and Snakeweed is about 70% smaller than he should be...!  <_<

I just bought Karai, Usagi and the Fugitoid (since it seems they're properly scaled) for $60 shipped, which is probably the cheapest I'm likely to get any figures imported here.

Good to see your spotlight on Maz's blog on TFsource. ;)

Hey, thanks for the shout-out.  ^_^

47 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I really like the Mafex Dark Knight line. They look better than their Figuarts counterparts.

Agreed, I kep my Figuarts only so it can ride the bat pod. I am getting the figuarts Selina Kyle though.  

9 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Agreed, I kep my Figuarts only so it can ride the bat pod. I am getting the figuarts Selina Kyle though.  

Mafex did release a Batpod awhile back, if you weren't already aware. ;)

Yeah I'm getting the Figuarts Seline Kyle too. I'll compare it to the Mafex version and probably sell off the one I like less.

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That’s a good deal! Congrats!

Thanks!

Preordered a set of the Deadpool wave 2 and a loose Sauron, Bishop, Omega Red, and X-23 Wolverine at supervtoys instead.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks!

Preordered a set of the Deadpool wave 2 and a loose Sauron, Bishop, Omega Red, and X-23 Wolverine at supervtoys instead.

Never heard of them. Have you bought from them before? I’m a bit scared to shop with some of the less established spots after the anime island fiasco. 

34 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Never heard of them. Have you bought from them before? I’m a bit scared to shop with some of the less established spots after the anime island fiasco. 

My first order with them but I read that they are legit.

Articulated Icons is having a sale so I ordered some Ninjas to go with Wolverine, Psylocke, and others.

https://articulated-icons.myshopify.com/

13 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

My first order with them but I read that they are legit.

Articulated Icons is having a sale so I ordered some Ninjas to go with Wolverine, Psylocke, and others.

https://articulated-icons.myshopify.com/

Nice! I really wish someone would make Ninja Scroll figures. I’d buy them all if they were good enough. I’d even consider giving up on collecting other figures to get them if I had to.