Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

3 hours ago, borgified said:

You want a Anakin to recreate the saber battle with Obi-wan from Episode 3? Then this might be your lucky day..

http://news.toyark.com/2018/06/22/hot-toys-revenge-of-the-sith-dark-side-anakin-skywalker-303293

I'm just using the regular version since Anakin didn't have the red eyes in the duel. Not to mention that my shelf isn't tall enough to allow for the nifty stand.

Luckily Rey has the swooshy blue saber so I'll probably try to pick up one that's been parted out once the prices come down.

32 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Isn't the F-16 referred to as the "Falcon"?

What @Slave IV said. The F-16's name is the Fighting Falcon, but going from the F-16 to the F-2 is like going from the regular Hornet (F/A-18A through D) to the Super Hornet (E, F), where the new aircraft gets a serious size-up and resembles the original in basic shape only.

The F-16’s unofficial name is the Viper, from the old Battlestar Galactica TV show. Because of that, and because the first production F-2A entered squadron service in 2000, the F-2 got the nickname Viper Zero. 

The F-20 got made because Northrop had the idea that other countries who operated F-5s might like to have an upgraded, updated model that was still familiar in terms of maintenance and some of the spare parts needed. When tested the F-20 turned out to be a hell of a hot ship. Unfortunately the US put the kibosh on some technology being exported out of the country, and that included the F-20. Northrop shopped it around to the USAF and USN, but no dice. 

10 minutes ago, Saburo said:

My latest acquisition, this was a trade with friend/fellow MWF member.  Yamato VF-1J AND GBP, my SDFM Skull Squadron is complete.

IMG_2504.thumb.JPEG.617299cf9629e2ce7c088e643f300b5a.JPEG

Nice! Does the GBP have the 1 printed on the chest plate, or is it a sticker like the Arcadia release? 

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Nice! Does the GBP have the 1 printed on the chest plate, or is it a sticker like the Arcadia release? 

@Lolicon Its the sticker version.

9 minutes ago, Valkyrie Magnus said:

Trade worked out for us! A pleasure to do business with you.

Thank you @Valkyrie Magnus !  We will definitely do business again. :D

June’s haul.

Iron Man’s left bicep swivel was too tight, and it ended up twisting the peg off. Good news is that since the break is so far inside the bicep/shoulder assembly, there’s still enough friction to hold the arm on. I’ll just need to be extra gentle with that arm.

03EDF7DC-53E5-466E-89A8-70C1A94FF073.jpeg

7 hours ago, iguanaman8989 said:

June’s haul.

Iron Man’s left bicep swivel was too tight, and it ended up twisting the peg off. Good news is that since the break is so far inside the bicep/shoulder assembly, there’s still enough friction to hold the arm on. I’ll just need to be extra gentle with that arm.

03EDF7DC-53E5-466E-89A8-70C1A94FF073.jpeg

Whats the lighting unit for?

does anyone remember the feeling of their first Macross 1/60? just this week got my first Detolf cabinet and a 1/60 Milia premium finish... it's actually better than I expected and the most aesthetically pleasing thing I've ever bought.

20180628_114520.jpg

arriving same day was the gorgeous VF-2SS. I'm waiting on a tamashii trident plus stand for full display glory.

20180628_114430.jpg

my hi-metal r VF-1J in as close to the SDFM credits pose as I can get. that image has lived in my head for 25+ years.

20180628_114356.jpg

and finally my hi-metal r missile effect display. I'm so stoked the VF-1S wings hold up the mini missiles, that was the main reason I bought it.

20180628_113707.jpg

Edited by apptt4
formatting

16 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

does anyone remember the feeling of their first Macross 1/60? just this week got my first Detolf cabinet and a 1/60 Milia premium finish... it's actually better than I expected and the most aesthetically pleasing thing I've ever bought.

arriving same day was the gorgeous VF-2SS. I'm waiting on a tamashii trident plus stand for full display glory.

my hi-metal r VF-1J in as close to the SDFM credits pose as I can get. that image has lived in my head for 25+ years.

and finally my hi-metal r missile effect display. I'm so stoked the VF-1S wings hold up the mini missiles, that was the main reason I bought it.

20180628_114520.jpg

20180628_114430.jpg

20180628_114356.jpg

20180628_113707.jpg

Nice clean display setup. 

1 hour ago, apptt4 said:

20180628_114356.jpg

Congrats.  Nice setup and displays.

That pose can be done.

1E3414F9-FFCB-4BED-B2D6-A11E925C7479.thumb.jpeg.b4a21bee5dea93d589f844cfb19d9e4b.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

This thing is ridiculously good!

Marvel_AY_Carnage_DSC06513-4.jpg.e707a2995dc0dcd21f1ccf5762f6bdd9.jpg

Gives me the creeps, it's so scary looking. 1/12 figure of the year! I don't want to put it down!

that is off the chain! i'm scared to branch into other IP collecting, Macross already brings me great joy and destitution...

7 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

that is off the chain! i'm scared to branch into other IP collecting, Macross already brings me great joy and destitution...

Haha, Macross is my biggest focus in collecting and you worded it perfectly, "joy and destitution" sums it up!:lol:

But Disney has me by the balls. Macross is my favorite anime series of all time but Marvel and Star Wars are my all time favorite franchises and they break me! Doesn't help when there are figures this good being released for them. If you don't have a strong passion for it, I say it's best to stay away because if you start dipping in, you will get sucked in to another rabbit hole!

yeah was helping friend rearrange his 100s of Transformers the other day and I know I cannot buy even one. the second hand hi-metal r VF-1S my friend bought me in Japan has triggered my Macross Madness.

5b349dbb8d383_WhatsAppImage2018-06-27at15_56_53.thumb.jpeg.ec33df4ecedc6688c6484438e01a4ad7.jpeg

this isn't a new purchase, i've had this since 2000, but you might appreciate it. Ditko styled Punisher statue :wub:5b349e128b66a_20180628_1825141.thumb.jpg.e61213a99953112759a48eb52f310ab3.jpg5b349e260ffb8_20180628_1826061.thumb.jpg.1a1df44bfb8e20d962a5291e2d79d43a.jpg

10 hours ago, apptt4 said:

I definitely do, but then again it wasn't too long ago. 

I will say, I've bounced between 1/60 and HMR stuff, and while I definitely enjoy a lot of the HMR releases, there is nothing quite like getting a new 1/60 valk.  Especially from Arcadia/Yamato.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:07 AM, apptt4 said:

On the plus side there aren’t very many Revoltech Marvel figures and even less worth getting.  A one-off Carnage just to display wouldn’t break the bank.

12 minutes ago, Mommar said:

On the plus side there aren’t very many Revoltech Marvel figures and even less worth getting.  A one-off Carnage just to display wouldn’t break the bank.

True! Other than the “even less worth getting” part. It’s the best line in comic style toys ever...every one of them is worth getting, IMO. I think there are only 8 at this point. 

I’m more into Marvel Legends for my comic figures.  The Revoltech Marvel figures are cool but some of them like Captain America, Wolverine, and Magneto look more like a video game style.  Poseabilty is great but I don’t like how some joints look dislocated or broken apart when posed.  I think Venom and Carnage are 2 of their best.  Everybody has a different preference though and that’s fine.

Ready for my Marvel Legends X-Men wave 3 figures and to preorder Marvel Legends Deadpool wave 2.

Yep, whatever floats whoever’s boat. I collect almost any and all Marvel comic style figures and am happy to have the options. Personally, I prefer better quality figures than Hasbro has to offer but Hasbro gives me the variety I don’t get from other options. Good thing to me is they all look great together. For the AY line, Carnage, Spider-Gwen, Deadpool and Spider-Man are the top four with Cap and Venom being the lowest. Still, AY Venom is way better than any ML version ever made. Cap loses points because it doesn’t look like any style I really like. Interesting @sh9000 you say AY figures look off when posed...I find it to be the opposite. They are designed to be posed with extreme “action” in mind and it’s easy to hide the joints when you do so. When you handle one of the figures, it is very apparent that the designers had all of this in mind and purposely made joints a certain way so you can pose away with ways to hide joints designed into it. It’s when they are standing statically, it is harder to deal with because they are designed to be in action poses, not standing straight. MLS on the other hand, often look terrible when posed extremely because the sculpted detail is all misaligned and often restricting articulation altogether. Anyways, like I said, I like them all for what they are and I’m really happy other companies are offering options.