Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

22 hours ago, borgified said:

Hmm... @Solo Wing Pixy: I wonder what's going to be your next valk purchase. As you well know from these multiple threads, you just can't have just one; therefore you're going to have to decide which valk is the next purchase (and to see if you have enough funds for it). ;)

The original VF-1 valks (and the variants) maybe your best next choice and work your way up.

I can testify that once you buy one vallyrie, you cannot help but buy more

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's been an expensive month.

20180616_114429.thumb.jpg.789804a19c7802436a3d8c1e5fcb4261.jpg

VF-11C and Macross Plus drone from @spanner

VF-0D and SMS Bandai Action Base from Yahoo Japan Auctions (via Buyee)

VF-31A and VF-31C super parts from Nippon Yasan

VF-11B and 1/48 VF-1A from Ebay.

So... You were my dreaded opponent on eBay!!!

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So... You were my dreaded opponent on eBay!!!

Ah, were you the one I fought over the 1/48 for? If it makes you feel better, turns out it was not sealed. It's in fairly good condition, aside from a break on the clips holding the wing crossbar.

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's been an expensive month.

20180616_114429.thumb.jpg.789804a19c7802436a3d8c1e5fcb4261.jpg

VF-11C and Macross Plus drone from @spanner

VF-0D and SMS Bandai Action Base from Yahoo Japan Auctions (via Buyee)

VF-31A and VF-31C super parts from Nippon Yasan

VF-11B and 1/48 VF-1A from Ebay.

Wow that's one expensive haul!

Now my wallet can take a rest for a bit. Except for that VF-0S premium that's shipping at the end of the month.

[edit] Someone actually just put up a VF-11B and VF-11C on eBay. $465.99 w/ free shipping for either, or best offer.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Padding out my Macross Frontier collection with a YF-25:

yf-25-mwf.thumb.jpg.f79ef9eb889b2275132fcaff11282bd3.jpg

For completion two VF-171 and two YF-29 as well as a bunch of add-on packs are missing but I don't think I will go for them. Maybe the RVF-171 since it has a unique radar dish.

13 hours ago, Scyla said:

Padding out my Macross Frontier collection with a YF-25:

yf-25-mwf.thumb.jpg.f79ef9eb889b2275132fcaff11282bd3.jpg

For completion two VF-171 and two YF-29 as well as a bunch of add-on packs are missing but I don't think I will go for them. Maybe the RVF-171 since it has a unique radar dish.

Good buy, that’s the best 25 release imo, followed closely by the 25A.

Thought it was time to upgrade my motorcycle helmet.. I know I shouldn't have used some of the funds from selling Valkyries but my old helmet was getting pretty stuffed.. But this brand new Arai helmet is a wonderful bit of kit! So comfy and so l light weight! Why did I wait so long!?!?

20180615_142720.jpg

20180615_142734.jpg

20180615_142835.jpg

20180615_142725.jpg

21 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

Just got back from a tour of Boeing's factory; found these in the gift shop.

15292781824896870449329793059824.thumb.jpg.764d6aabb8f060144961e6e76563a26e.jpg

Dang! I have been tempted to buy both those models! Question.. are the landing gear on the P-51 retractable or are they a part swap? The HM Spitfire I have the gear is retractable.

6 hours ago, spanner said:

Thought it was time to upgrade my motorcycle helmet.. I know I shouldn't have used some of the funds from selling Valkyries but my old helmet was getting pretty stuffed.. But this brand new Arai helmet is a wonderful bit of kit! So comfy and so l light weight! Why did I wait so long!?!?

How are the top vents? Last one I had with those was slightly whistle-y but that was maybe 10 years ago.

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Don't get a lot of transformers nowadays but Badcube sent over their SideSwipe and it's purrdy.

1-297.png

Neither do I (buy a lot of Transformers) but now I'm about to see what's posted about this at TFW and check your review out. I've been waiting for a proper Sideswipe and not sure if this will be it or not. Car looks way better than the MP in your pic and the jet pack doesn't hurt.

8 hours ago, spanner said:

Dang! I have been tempted to buy both those models! Question.. are the landing gear on the P-51 retractable or are they a part swap? The HM Spitfire I have the gear is retractable.

Not sure yet. The only moving part I noticed in my quick check (I don't want to risk losing parts in my hotel room or suitcase so I havn't even opened the trays yet.) was the 51's prop; everything else looked to be part swaps.

2 hours ago, Zx31 said:

How are the top vents? Last one I had with those was slightly whistle-y but that was maybe 10 years ago.

yeah seem fine! no whistles at all and very little wind noise in general. Although this is the brand new RX-7V version but the older Corsair-V may have had that problem.. So far so good! 

44 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

Not sure yet. The only moving part I noticed in my quick check (I don't want to risk losing parts in my hotel room or suitcase so I havn't even opened the trays yet.) was the 51's prop; everything else looked to be part swaps.

oh.. would be a shame if only the prop spins.. Have you tried opening the cockpit canopy? The wheels I guess I could excuse but at least the canopy must open!

This key art always made me laugh. Like Heero doesn't look like the hot emo goodness that gets all the girls going, he looks like a poor drifter out in the cold that the Queen feels sorry for so she throws a spare coat on him.

Awesome pics as always, though. The number of amazing photographers on here is... well, amazing.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:26 AM, spanner said:

oh.. would be a shame if only the prop spins.. Have you tried opening the cockpit canopy? The wheels I guess I could excuse but at least the canopy must open!

Prop spins, canopy slides open, and wing flaps have some limited movement; gear wheels roll but requires a part swap for retraction.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:22 AM, Slave IV said:

Neither do I (buy a lot of Transformers) but now I'm about to see what's posted about this at TFW and check your review out. I've been waiting for a proper Sideswipe and not sure if this will be it or not. Car looks way better than the MP in your pic and the jet pack doesn't hurt.

I am very intrigued about BadCube's take on MP-12.  Especially impressed that the two variations are not simple color rehashes of a single mold.  I already have the MP-12 and the oversized version, but may get a third just because of the renewed design.

8 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I am very intrigued about BadCube's take on MP-12.  Especially impressed that the two variations are not simple color rehashes of a single mold.  I already have the MP-12 and the oversized version, but may get a third just because of the renewed design.

I still haven't got around to take a closer look but I remember my initial impression was that it might not be good enough for me...the bot mode looks off. The only MP-12 mold I have is a KO Tigertrack because it was a cheap way to check it out and I love Yellow Lambos. Mine is a good copy that I think is better than official based on the reviews but I just don't think MP-12 was a good design and it was not a great execution of the bad design.

27 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I still haven't got around to take a closer look but I remember my initial impression was that it might not be good enough for me...the bot mode looks off. The only MP-12 mold I have is a KO Tigertrack because it was a cheap way to check it out and I love Yellow Lambos. Mine is a good copy that I think is better than official based on the reviews but I just don't think MP-12 was a good design and it was not a great execution of the bad design.

MP-12 was fine for his time, remember he released way back in 2012. I'd say of the two, Sideswipe was the better executed, Red Alert was the half ass repaint from Sideswipe, even though there were far more differences in their designs to constitute not using Sideswipe as his base. Also, things weren't as nut huggingly accurate to the cartoon as they are now, MP-12 was Hasui, the design was more of a balance of toon, toy, and real world as opposed to the strictly toon accurate figures we get now. BadCube Sideswipe look EXACTLY how I would expect a Takara V2 Sideswipe to look, toon accuracy for days, smaller chest, FAR more articulation. His early reviews and in hand word of mouth have been overwhelmingly positive, only the most die hard Takara official only fan boys are denying that he has vast improvement over MP-12. Once again, I would love to pull some crap and put out a Photoshopped crappy, blurry image of BadCube Sideswipe and post it on the official speculation threads just to see how many hypocrites pop up and say Takara nailed it again! Only to let them know it is a dirty, unofficial third party figure, Takara is too busy making yet another god damned MP Prime.

2 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

MP-12 was fine for his time, remember he released way back in 2012. I'd say of the two, Sideswipe was the better executed, Red Alert was the half ass repaint from Sideswipe, even though there were far more differences in their designs to constitute not using Sideswipe as his base. Also, things weren't as nut huggingly accurate to the cartoon as they are now, MP-12 was Hasui, the design was more of a balance of toon, toy, and real world as opposed to the strictly toon accurate figures we get now. BadCube Sideswipe look EXACTLY how I would expect a Takara V2 Sideswipe to look, toon accuracy for days, smaller chest, FAR more articulation. His early reviews and in hand word of mouth have been overwhelmingly positive, only the most die hard Takara official only fan boys are denying that he has vast improvement over MP-12. Once again, I would love to pull some crap and put out a Photoshopped crappy, blurry image of BadCube Sideswipe and post it on the official speculation threads just to see how many hypocrites pop up and say Takara nailed it again! Only to let them know it is a dirty, unofficial third party figure, Takara is too busy making yet another god damned MP Prime.

Haha yeah, I don't care about Takara vs 3P, just what looks better to me. As for your defense of MP-12, I totally get all that but no matter what the excuse, it just never looked like a good figure to me. Same goes for MP-11 which is why I still have no Seekers. MP-1 and several others from before and around the same time as 11 & 12 do look good to me. I also don't care about Toon slavish looks, again, just what looks good to me. Is MP-36 an overall better toy than MX-I? Sure, MP-36 has great articulation and a mind blowing transformation design but MX-I looks a lot better to me so I like MX-I better still. I like articulation and good engineering but all of that is useless to me if the toy looks bad in the end.