Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Gundam Wing was an awful show, but I'd love to pick up the Wing Zero. But not for the ridiculous secondary market prices. Here's hoping Bandai does another run. 

I ordered three more Metal Builds yesterday. :blink:

I used the 20% ebay coupon plus $120 in credit card rewards which got Wing Zero down to $250 with shipping. I figured it was now or never. Really hoping I get by Friday. 

The Avalanche Exia and F91 are awesome. Be aware of the small yellow fins on Avalanche Exia's collar. They can get snagged and break easily if you aren't paying attention.  

54 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I used the 20% ebay coupon plus $120 in credit card rewards which got Wing Zero down to $250 with shipping. I figured it was now or never. Really hoping I get by Friday. 

The Avalanche Exia and F91 are awesome. Be aware of the small yellow fins on Avalanche Exia's collar. They can get snagged and break easily if you aren't paying attention.  

Nice, that's less than it cost to get the Wing Zero from the US P-Bandai site.

So this technically arrived Monday from @Mechapilot77, but only just got pictures last night.

20180611_180605.jpg.7be8fa17e9e1259072178c450e2b8775.jpg

This thing is huge, larger then my Pegasus model 

20180612_221205_crop_604x756.jpg.10fded22a04b73745467b575440f92af.jpg

Might play a bit with it this weekend to transform and see if it will still display well on the mantle. It's too big for the glass case.

Edited by Focslain

12 hours ago, Mommar said:

I put him in my Data East Captain America & The Avengers Arcade Game lineup on my video game shelf.

DADC7E49-0C81-4BF5-B160-3E8CEF23CE50.jpeg.00db4b83b1017697972eee1018f47ac1.jpeg

4E4EDD57-3326-4D8E-93B9-235C0FCFBD60.thumb.jpeg.504b593a425dc5fd796264ccfef76234.jpeg

I’m going to make Iceman somewhere along the lines if one of these.

On 6/12/2018 at 3:17 AM, sh9000 said:

Are you into the movie TMNT figures?

Only the movie TMNT:

TMNT.jpg.32e506113880132e472fea2371052308.jpg

I have no interest in the live-action films.

On 6/12/2018 at 3:17 AM, sh9000 said:

NECA had their SDCC 7” figures available on their site last week and they sold out fast.

NECA does great work -- I bought their Mirage comics figures -- but I actually prefer Playmates' 2012 series:

5b213486c5918_idealTurtles.thumb.jpg.3eaaf1fa26b1a01189d4bafbfbebe5c9.jpg

This line had the most appealing proportions, unique sculpts and body types for each character, excellent articulation, and an iconic look that's not specific to any single film, video game, comic or cartoon series.  In the 30-year history of the brand, these may be the only Turtles than managed to look cute and cool at the same time.  :D

Definitely not new and in fact I've had it for some time but put it on a shelf and pretty much forgot about it until I finally caught up on some other photo/review work and can fit it in. 

Sentinel's Re: Edit House of M Howard Stark.

4-197.png

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

That's a nice lineup and angel's wings really stand out in the light!

Thanks.  Yeah the wings look a little better than the wings on the regular Archangel release.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

Are you going for a particular lineup or everybody who ever appeared on the team?

Just different members that I like from when they were in X-Force.  I’m going to add Fantomex.  If Hasbro officially releases an X-Force Wolfsbane or Nightcrawler then I would add them too.  I think they look good together.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You don't like the one from the last X-Men wave? This mold looks a bit old for Iceman.

And no need to make a Silver Surfer when this should be out soon

FIGURE-040063.jpg

The current Iceman is nice but I want one without all of the jagged ice parts.

That Walgreens Silver Surfer looks cool and I’ll try to get it for free when it gets released.

If Hasbro reuses Silver Surfer to make a 90’s Iceman then I’ll buy it.  They can recolor it, swap the head, give it an X belt, and add ice effects and ice slide.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  Yeah the wings look a little better than the wings on the regular Archangel release.

Just different members that I like from when they were in X-Force.  I’m going to add Fantomex.  If Hasbro officially releases an X-Force Wolfsbane or Nightcrawler then I would add them too.  I think they look good together.

The current Iceman is nice but I want one without all of the jagged ice parts.

That Walgreens Silver Surfer looks cool and I’ll try to get it for free when it gets released.

If Hasbro reuses Silver Surfer to make a 90’s Iceman then I’ll buy it.  They can recolor it, swap the head, give it an X belt, and add ice effects and ice slide.

yeah, a more classic Iceman would be better. I just think they need to use a different face...looks too old and mean for Iceman to me.

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Poor Deathlok is getting rejected, huh?

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

yeah, a more classic Iceman would be better. I just think they need to use a different face...looks too old and mean for Iceman to me.

I’ll see what I can do with the figure.

48 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Poor Deathlok is getting rejected, huh?

I’m using mine as a killer Deathlok from Wolverine: Weapon X but maybe I’ll get another one and paint the costume grey.

3 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

It took me way too long to find one but finally got my hands on an Armored Factory.  :D

Congrats!  Please post scans of the decal sheet in the "Decals library" thread.  ^_^

Some figures I got recently from AmiAmi, damn box that Klan Klang was in is huge!, no wonder the shipping was so expensive in DHL service(Y8000), I wished the Arcadia 1/60 VF had at least some portion of the heft this V1 versions had,  overall so happy to have all of them specially that little Jehuty.

IMG_4063.thumb.JPG.b55f196d9b009b8e314c3e76a7af37b9.JPG

No sure if KlanKlang is supposed to be in scale with the Frontier 1/60  Valks cause of the size, nonetheless is effing beautiful and new just a little damage in the front of the box. 

IMG_4062.thumb.JPG.f6dd528dc8441160727d4ee2934bbafc.JPG

IMG_4061.thumb.JPG.87ad92799866c1152e75ba384c516bbd.JPG

IMG_4053.JPG

Edited by Alex GS
picure sizing

After a month and plus a day of waiting from start of exchange to finish, Mirage's 31c from Amiami (pre-owned and everything is there) has arrived via SAL. Time to put on the Supers (got it at the beginning of the month from Manda Sapporo).

@Alex GS: I think that Klan Klang might be in scale with the DX VF-25 (especially Michael). ;)

DSC00846.jpg

Being able to go directly to Akihabara's Mandarake and get my very first valk was a pretty surreal experience.  My reaction to coming across this shelf was a mix of slack-jawed awe and childlike giddyness.

IMG_3389.JPG

image.jpg

Edited by Solo Wing Pixy

Hmm... @Solo Wing Pixy: I wonder what's going to be your next valk purchase. As you well know from these multiple threads, you just can't have just one; therefore you're going to have to decide which valk is the next purchase (and to see if you have enough funds for it). ;)

The original VF-1 valks (and the variants) maybe your best next choice and work your way up.

Edited by borgified

I do have enough funds, but it'll likely be a while until I can get another one.  As for future speculation, I'm definitely on the lookout for Plus or Frontier valks since those are my favourite series(the Armored Ozma VF-25 Renewal is more or less my most desired valk).  I've also had eyes on the Arcadia Super or Strike VF-1's(Roy/Hikaru) for a while.

Edited by Solo Wing Pixy

On 6/15/2018 at 12:37 PM, Alex GS said:

Some figures I got recently from AmiAmi, damn box that Klan Klang was in is huge!, no wonder the shipping was so expensive in DHL service(Y8000)

No sure if KlanKlang is supposed to be in scale with the Frontier 1/60  Valks cause of the size, nonetheless is effing beautiful and new just a little damage in the front of the box. 

IMG_4062.thumb.JPG.f6dd528dc8441160727d4ee2934bbafc.JPG

From the other Excellent Model series fig I've gotten (Micro-Klan, with one of these coming soon too), I can corroborate the hugeness of the box. I'd almost call it unreasonable if the figure inside weren't so well-finished.

As for scale, I think while researching this Armored figure, either I came upon or someone here shared a comparison of these Supers to the DX Supers, and these are slightly smaller. Eyeballing it puts it at ~1/72, which would match the Bandai/Hasegawa VF-25 kits.

Anyway, congrats on the haul. AND you got a Jehuty, too. More Jehuty is always good Jehuty.