Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah this MB stuff is pretty sweet. Now I'm going to have to buy more of them. :unsure:

How does the Metal Composite line compare to the MB?

I would say the RX-78 and the Wing Zero Custom are comparable in quality. Sadly the RX-78 doesn‘t come with a stand arm.

from what I gathered from reviews of the Unicorn ones, they seem to be of a lesser quality than the Metal Build releases.

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Factoria 3D via Etsy.

I like your V ship and Mothership that you have.  Back when I was a kid in the 80’s I would have loved to have the 3.75” figures and vehicles that the kids in the show were playing with.

46163DFF-6B86-4C1A-9506-29EA44E5E637.thumb.jpeg.14dc57732f5b22f901a0b6488a9bdeaa.jpeg

As for my most recent purchase, I’m loving this Stryfe.  I’ll go ahead and post it in the Marvel Legends thread as well.  @Slave IV, you and anybody else are welcome to contribute there.  B))

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45491-marvel-legends-and-marvel-universe/

Edited by sh9000

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I like your V ship and Mothership that you have.  Back when I was a kid in the 80’s I would have loved to have the 3.75” figures and vehicles that the kids in the show were playing with.

46163DFF-6B86-4C1A-9506-29EA44E5E637.thumb.jpeg.14dc57732f5b22f901a0b6488a9bdeaa.jpeg

As for my most recent purchase, I’m loving this Stryfe.  I’ll go ahead and post it in the Marvel Legends thread as well.  @Slave IV, you and anybody else are welcome to contribute there.  B))

Nice thread! I haven't ventured much out of the Macross Toys section of this forum since I get most my other news and discussion on TFW's Toyark section. Will join in when I can but I'm a bit forumed out, lol. 

57 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Well... Technically Stryfe is Cable's clone (virus free).. 

For those who are Mazinkaiser fans (you know who you are), I'll Leave this here...

Max Factory Gokin Mazinkaiser (2nd release), got it from a TFW2005 Board Member as he's clearing out his collection (missing the gloves form the manual). I believe that Charles still has his?  

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

Edited by borgified
missing details

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

Well... Technically Stryfe is Cable's clone (virus free).. 

For those who are Mazinkaiser fans (you know who you are), I'll Leave this here...

Max Factory Gokin Mazinkaiser (2nd release), got it from a TFW2005 Board Member as he's clearing out his collection (missing the gloves form the manual). I believe that Charles still has his?  

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

Nice pickup! Do you have the recent SOC Mazinkaiser and if so, how does it compare? I'm really happy with the SOC. 

30 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice pickup! Do you have the recent SOC Mazinkaiser and if so, how does it compare? I'm really happy with the SOC. 

Don't have a copy, however I might be interested in getting one though.. ^_^ 

I've watched a YouTube review on the GX-75 and there has been reports of the Fire Blaster breakage out of the box (I believe it's an isolated issue?)

I had the original Mazinger toy when I was younger (Shogun Warriors) and ended up trashing it years later. Pic from Stinny's Toys History (I had the one in the right).

Funny thing is that the toys that we grew up with during our younger years has come back to rekindle our interest. :D

Vintage popy Mazingers.jpg

Edited by borgified

41 minutes ago, borgified said:

Don't have a copy, however I might be interested in getting one though.. ^_^ 

I've watched a YouTube review on the GX-75 and there has been reports of the Fire Blaster breakage out of the box (I believe it's an isolated issue?)

I had the original Mazinger toy when I was younger (Shogun Warriors) and ended up trashing it years later. Pic from Stinny's Toys History (I had the one in the right).

Funny thing is that the toys that we grew up with during our younger years has come back to rekindle our interest. :D

Vintage popy Mazingers.jpg

My GX-75 has no issues, it's a fantastic piece!

Yeah, love the old toys. I still have my old 2' Shogun Warrior Mazinger!

6 hours ago, tekering said:

That's the 20cm kit version, right?  Did you build it yourself?

No. Its the prefinished version.

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

So did I. Back then my Visitor Shocktroopers were  Action Force Mutons,  and my Skyfighters were styrofoam Hamburger boxes.

I just wish there were  Hot Toys V troopers.

Edited by Podtastic

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I like the AT-AT. Haven't dipped into SW vehicle kits yet mainly because I have several cases full of unbuilt SW Bandai figures. 

Its a really nice little kit. Built it while listening to the Dr.Strange radio drama and a little X-Minus One.

43 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

My 1/48 GBP armor arrived yesterday. This thing is HUGE - makes the Yamato V2 and even the 1/55 GBP look kinda “thin” in comparison. But that’s why I love it so much.. 

A57CAE37-D582-4FC9-A2F6-E60F306DBBBE.thumb.jpeg.04ed7dd390abbb36487fc13d58ef5f2c.jpeg

0F70E89F-5CD0-49E2-951C-370253834904.jpeg

2448C1D4-6140-421E-A28F-E0A147A34040.jpeg

Sweet! Yeah, I love the 1/48s and all GBPs!

received a little surprise today. :wub:

IMG_2108a.jpg.68a7ef0c71f95f2b21fb002c964d197c.jpg

IMG_2109a.jpg.a2c6f45ff222c05308b72757481728df.jpg

I though it was my VF-31 Super parts, but apparently they are still in customs. 

It was shipped out around the same time so I didn't even notice.

I thought I didn't make it for the 1st batch, but looks like the Store gave me a bump:lol:

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice thread! I haven't ventured much out of the Macross Toys section of this forum since I get most my other news and discussion on TFW's Toyark section. Will join in when I can but I'm a bit forumed out, lol. 

Thanks!  Great pics so far.

18 hours ago, Podtastic said:

No. Its the prefinished version.

So did I. Back then my Visitor Shocktroopers were  Action Force Mutons,  and my Skyfighters were styrofoam Hamburger boxes.

I just wish there were  Hot Toys V troopers.

7948051A-EBA5-4938-A28E-1BB1118D78E1.jpeg.90e2afc13a92f775c8242ae32b650afa.jpeg

Childhood dream toys.  ;)

The only V toy I own is a LJN 12” Enemy Visitor MISB like the one below.

89634458-73B4-437D-98D4-F147224FA7CE.jpeg.1c8dad24bc532242a9eea5e882b4982e.jpeg

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The only V toy I own is a LJN 12” Enemy Visitor MISB like the one below.

89634458-73B4-437D-98D4-F147224FA7CE.jpeg.1c8dad24bc532242a9eea5e882b4982e.jpeg

Just the talk of "V" reminded me of the first episode of "V" the final Battle on which it was aired on the T.V. back in '84. Watched the first hour of the first T.V. series only not the rest. Might watch the entire series plus movie sometime (got to find the links and I don't have Netflix account if it's on there).

I'm sure that you can do a kit bash of an updated version of this.. I'm not an 1/6th expert (just a noobie) by any means as the outer head sculpt might have to be a silicone based to make as per the box art. For the actual Lizard-like head, maybe a spare Marvel Legends Lizard will do and a commission on the full suit. As for the body, maybe a COO model will do? :huh:

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, Slave IV said:

Sweet! Yeah, I love the 1/48s and all GBPs!

Thanks @Slave IV!

Question for you and other owners of 1/48 GBP please.  I am having problems with the leg armor on the right foot of the valk, in that there is a slight gap to one side and it doesn't seem to snap together snugly.  I wonder if it's something that's off in my 1/48 VF-1S that's causing this, but I don't have another 1/48 to test it on.  Has anyone had similar problems in the past?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I just purchased an entire line of TMNT action figures!  :blink:

5b1ea451e9d52_turtlepower.thumb.jpg.3062d0d20b53fbc9d5615f7003498bf1.jpg

I must be going through a midlife crisis or something.  :unsure:

Are you into the movie TMNT figures?  NECA had their SDCC 7” figures available on their site last week and they sold out fast.

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Got this fella in a trade, now its making me want Rioter Despotron :lol:

New Haul 06/09/2018

Excellent pick-up! I got Noir when he was releases and still love him. Maketoys did an excellent job with this mold and still need to get Striker Manus. Rioter is great also, I would recommend him, but the he is gappy about the chest. That is the only issue I have with Rioter. Looking forward to the Galvatron they just teased. 

Edited by General Rasp
Spelling

On 6/9/2018 at 10:25 AM, Lolicon said:

Yeah this MB stuff is pretty sweet. Now I'm going to have to buy more of them. :unsure:

How does the Metal Composite line compare to the MB?

Lol, yeah those Metal Builds are addictive. I can't wait for the Crossbone Gundams to up for pre-order. 

The Metal Composite is good with the most recent release, Wing Zero, being the best. I have the Banshee with the Wing Zero in route to me. With Banshee the plastic quality seems more delicate and fragile than the Metal Build. Not "you look at it wrong and it breaks" but a little thinner and very glossy. But the Banshee does transform so I am guessing that is the reason. One of the main differences I have seen are the amount of decals. The Metal Composites are always done up like a Katoki Master Grade, tiny tampo decals all over the figure. 

9F452F4F-2873-4053-8F1D-6EBDC0AEE9D6.thumb.jpeg.d2d8bf49511cb3ccc8154d11edf90491.jpeg

E62AD964-A10B-41F7-90F4-6733881A9436.thumb.jpeg.aedd8969ec0e578db3bf6a26ef3127bc.jpeg

9F58D3F5-DBF5-419A-9F22-6F118D935726.thumb.jpeg.4f198c94c2a4f9a560d7489610bfc6ec.jpeg

Got NECA Jungle Demon Predator.  Can’t wait to get NECA SDCC Hawkins.

Also got Marvel Legends Uncanny X-Force Archangel and Target Vision which I’ll convert into Iceman.

9 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Lol, yeah those Metal Builds are addictive. I can't wait for the Crossbone Gundams to up for pre-order. 

The Metal Composite is good with the most recent release, Wing Zero, being the best. I have the Banshee with the Wing Zero in route to me. With Banshee the plastic quality seems more delicate and fragile than the Metal Build. Not "you look at it wrong and it breaks" but a little thinner and very glossy. But the Banshee does transform so I am guessing that is the reason. One of the main differences I have seen are the amount of decals. The Metal Composites are always done up like a Katoki Master Grade, tiny tampo decals all over the figure. 

Gundam Wing was an awful show, but I'd love to pick up the Wing Zero. But not for the ridiculous secondary market prices. Here's hoping Bandai does another run. 

I ordered three more Metal Builds yesterday. :blink:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Gundam Wing was an awful show, but I'd love to pick up the Wing Zero. But not for the ridiculous secondary market prices. Here's hoping Bandai does another run. 

I ordered three more Metal Builds yesterday. :blink:

:lol: 1 for each mode? , .............  well I guess you can't use that excuse for a Gundam, or can you?.:p

Exia?, Strike? Seven Sword/g?

8 minutes ago, F360 said:

:lol: 1 for each mode? , .............  well I guess you can't use that excuse for a Gundam, or can you?.:p

Exia?, Strike? Seven Sword/g?

Yeah, most Gundams don't transform and the ones that do just look like a robot with its head tucked between its legs. :lol:

Picked up Exia Repair, Avalanche Exia, and the F91.