Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sits at her throne with a giant Miss Macross sign behind her*

I am sure I am not the only one here who shelled out $8K in 2 months. 

Right? Right?!  Please someone say 'right'.... please.....

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

@Kicker773 has certainly spent more, and may even have more spent per period, what with his multiple copies of Yamato/Arcadia figures.

Just so you guys know. When Kicker spent that much back then he bought a lot. And I mean a lot. Whereas now if you spent the same amount like he did, you might end up getting one-half or one-third of his purchase. :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Happy day. Received my KidsLogic diecast SD Combattler today and the CorePlay unofficial Dark Phoenix that I finally found online. 

IMG_5203.thumb.JPG.a4c975fd1fe5a42045d50ac57827786d.JPG

Hey Dave. Let us know your feedback on this. And how big is it compared to 1/60 VF-1 just to have as a reference. Thanks! :good: 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Just so you guys know. When Kicker spent that much back then he bought a lot. And I mean a lot. Whereas now if you spent the same amount like he did, you might end up getting one-half or one-third of his purchase. :rolleyes:

Hey Dave. Let us know your feedback on this. And how big is it compared to 1/60 VF-1 just to have as a reference. Thanks! :good: 

I will. I didn't get a chance to handle it yet but I opened it quickly to check everything was there earlier and It's big and heavy. A lot of diecast. I'd say assembled it'll probably be 8in I'm guessing. I'll report back after I get some quality time with it this weekend. 

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So I called USPS Customer Support..... or at least I tried to. However, I got an automated message that said that due to technical difficulty, even their phone system cannot let you connect to customer support.

Boy... USPS is failing on both fronts (phone and web).

FYI, after being down all day, USPS tracking system is working again.

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Definitely in some cases. Luckily for me is it means money saved for more products.

This.  I’ve been using registered ferry more often without any issues and saving a ton.

As gearhead by trade, got these British iconic cars in a two week span.

The Caterham 7 was a Amazon deal as it was discontinued and the box is slightly beaten up (not a MISB type of guy). Going to keep be busy until my copy of Mirage's VF-31C gets delivered (Still sitting on the dock until the shipping crate is full or it's on the way to YVR as there's no update since the 14th of this month).

DSC00793.jpg

2 hours ago, borgified said:

The Caterham 7 was a Amazon deal as it was discontinued and the box is slightly beaten up (not a MISB type of guy). Going to keep be busy until my copy of Mirage's VF-31C gets delivered (Still sitting on the dock until the shipping crate is full or it's on the way to YVR as there's no update since the 14th of this month).

DSC00793.jpg

Very classic British cars indeed. Love the cateram 7!

3 hours ago, borgified said:

DSC00793.jpg

Nice!

20 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Had Metal Build Arbalest for a few days now and just got to opening it... haven't been this impressed out of the box in a bit.

1-288.png

Congrats Kuma Style. that is one very impressive piece of Mecha you've got there! Just from the picture it looks solid as a rock.

26 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Had Metal Build Arbalest for a few days now and just got to opening it... haven't been this impressed out of the box in a bit.

What are your thoughts? I've got one, but it's still in the box due to a lack of space at the moment.

On 10/16/2013 at 3:16 PM, wmkjr said:

I'll contribute to this thread. Just started collecting in September I didn't even know these existed till then.

From a kind fellow here :D :

post-7577-0-28145500-1381950797_thumb.jpg

My latest ones;

post-7577-0-56937900-1381950868_thumb.jpg

Nice pickup on the VF-1D virgin road!!

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Congrats Kuma Style. that is one very impressive piece of Mecha you've got there! Just from the picture it looks solid as a rock.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

What are your thoughts? I've got one, but it's still in the box due to a lack of space at the moment.

Honestly I took it out, took that quick shot, and shelved it. Joints seemed nice and tight and per standard good joints and paint/tampo application. I'm impressed. I will say that the hips seemed to have a lack of forward/back range in terms of swing compared to most of the others I've handled.

Edit: Came back to disregard the hip swing remark. I completely forgot that his hips drop down for full swing.

Edited by Kuma Style

15 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I will say that the hips seemed to have a lack of forward/back range in terms of swing compared to most of the others I've handled.

That's my one complaint; you can't get the thighs high enough to have it in the kneeling crouch it gets seen in fairly frequently (during boarding or in storage) in the show.

17 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

That's my one complaint; you can't get the thighs high enough to have it in the kneeling crouch it gets seen in fairly frequently (during boarding or in storage) in the show.

That's odd, it's shown crouching in the promos.

4 hours ago, Numbninja said:

These pics don't help when trying not to spend....he keeps messing up my budget. Gosh 

Don’t you mean browsing to any toy forums and sites doesn’t help when trying not to spend? Just asking. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Numbninja said:

These pics don't help when trying not to spend....he keeps messing up my budget. Gosh 

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Don’t you mean browsing to any toy forums and sites doesn’t help when trying not to spend? Just asking. :rolleyes:

Yes, these pics and being around in this forum don't help at all. Ordered the MB Arbalest just 2 minutes ago. Can't wait for it to arrive. ^_^ And remembering me constantly: Forget about your empty wallet, forget about your empty wallet...  ;)

7 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Yes, these pics and being around in this forum don't help at all. Ordered the MB Arbalest just 2 minutes ago. Can't wait for it to arrive. ^_^ And remembering me constantly: Forget about your empty wallet, forget about your empty wallet...  ;)

Enjoy! Glad to help towards a good purchase.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

7 hours ago, CrossAir said:

18 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

He He He... That's why where all enablers here as we're here to empty out your wallet even further! :lol:

Edited by borgified

20 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

He He He... That's why where all enablers here as we're here to empty out your wallet even further! :lol:

Thanks you guys :D And no bad conscience at all :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Matt Random said:

My triumphant* return to Macross collecting.

IMG_0311.thumb.JPG.6fba0978bd4468fc58a9f9b58d7346b6.JPG

* OK, maybe 'painfully expensive' is a better adjective.

Oh, I think everyone HERE would stay with 'triumphant' ;). Congrats to these nice pieces.

Makes me remember I still have to get me a VF-25S, too! The last VF-25 missing in my collection.