Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, eXis10z said:

Yes it does! A stock pic below.

Thanks. So the face and chest plates are the only parts that has the Battle Damage effect compared to the first Mark 6. Thanks again, eXis10z. ;)

YAY!  A few things just came in the mail.

Curious to see if anyone can figure out what the new additions are...

image.png.921baa009d65433604ae2942581fe9e7.png

Spoiler

YF-19 fold booster and VF-11B.

I also re-arranged this shelf a little bit.

image.png.7ec9731fe0a9e4265f6e894cdec4ab96.png

upper level: birds that M&M flew

lower level: birds that Hikaru flew.  (If I am not mistaken, he flew the VF-1J and the yellow VF-1S in the TV show, and the red VF-1S and VT-1 in DYRL)

9 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

YAY!  A few things just came in the mail.

Curious to see if anyone can figure out what the new additions are...

image.png.921baa009d65433604ae2942581fe9e7.png

Reveal hidden contents

YF-19 fold booster and VF-11B.

I also re-arranged this shelf a little bit.

image.png.7ec9731fe0a9e4265f6e894cdec4ab96.png

upper level: birds that M&M flew

lower level: birds that Hikaru flew.  (If I am not mistaken, he flew the VF-1J and the yellow VF-1S in the TV show, and the red VF-1S and VT-1 in DYRL)

Nice collection, Shizuka. It's getting bigger. :good: ;) 

All you need now is Hikaru's VF-1D and the Fan Racer from the TV series. And a red striped VF-1A for the DYRL movie. Btw, for the yellow VF-1S he used, it's just Super Packs installed and not Strike Packs variant. But everything else, you're all set. ^_^ 

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice collection, Shizuka. It's getting bigger. :good: ;) 

All you need now is Hikaru's VF-1D and the Fan Racer from the TV series. And a red striped VF-1A for the DYRL movie. Btw, for the yellow VF-1S he used, it's just Super Packs installed and not Strike Packs variant. But everything else, you're all set. ^_^ 

You're going to make me go dig out the box so I can swap the Strike cannon out for its Super part equivalent, aren't you? I blame you entirely. *LOL*

Not really interested in the racer, but I am always keeping an eye out for the VF-1D. You know I have that one eBay auction on my watch list, waiting to swoop in at the 11th hour.

On 5/19/2018 at 3:02 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Why in the world is the men's version cheaper, when the women's version uses less material? Where is the logic in that?

image.png.4f28a0b6ec958e3d3bcafaa2b735626d.png

Considering I just freed up funds from a con I'm not staying at... I might have to look into this and just do a slight mod to make it a captain uniform.

On 5/17/2018 at 1:59 PM, no3Ljm said:

Friendly advice. Just end your Double 00 experience with the series. Pass on the movie. Just collect the figures from it. ;) 

I have seen the movie once or twice, but it was years ago. From what I remember it wasn't the best but wasn't terrible either. Most if not all the gundam movies aren't that good, so it is on par with the others. Mostly re-watching for the suits and for recently finishing Super Robot Wars V. 

Edited by General Rasp

Just now, borgified said:

@Shizuka the Cat: Now you need a VF-22 to round off your Macross 7 collection.. :lol: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-Yamato-Arcadia-1-60-VF-22S-Sturmvogel-7-Max-blue-bandai/123144653856?hash=item1cabfe4c20:g:45wAAOSwwcdbAbNc

Just sayin' that if it's going to sell for that little, it may as well sell to you.

9 minutes ago, slide said:

It is on my watch list... As are many others from that seller

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

It is on my watch list... As are many others from that seller

I wondered who else I may have to contend with... at least I think I know what's not on your list :D

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

You're going to make me go dig out the box so I can swap the Strike cannon out for its Super part equivalent, aren't you? I blame you entirely. *LOL*

Not really interested in the racer, but I am always keeping an eye out for the VF-1D. You know I have that one eBay auction on my watch list, waiting to swoop in at the 11th hour.

Hey Shizuka. Here's a Hikaru VF-1A for your needs. ;)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yamato-Japan-Macross-1-60-VF-1A-Hikaru-DYRL-Battroid-Valkyrie-NMIB-Robotech-V2/253631733685?hash=item3b0da11fb5:g:-TUAAOSwxUta~dvJ

8 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you want that Vf-11 you'll have to fight me for it. :p

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Who says I don't want a 2nd VF-11B?  *grin*

VF-11B. Come to think of it, I don't have one. Hmmm. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Funny you should mention that.

I do have a YF-21 with fast packs on the way. Isamu needs his friend after all

Where did you end up getting the first release YF-21 from? 

I have two YF-21s, but both are the re-release version.  Was thinking of selling one of them to get the 1st release but still debating if it's even worth it since I've read that the FP for the YF-21 isn't all that great.  

Edited by dafob

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks. So the face and chest plates are the only parts that has the Battle Damage effect compared to the first Mark 6. Thanks again, eXis10z. ;)

Unfortunately yes, which is why I seldom display battle damage parts. Too localized to look realistic.

You're welcome Noel!

2 hours ago, dafob said:

Where did you end up getting the first release YF-21 from? 

I have two YF-21s, but both are the re-release version.  Was thinking of selling one of them to get the 1st release but still debating if it's even worth it since I've read that the FP for the YF-21 isn't all that great.  

YJA. I thought about getting the re-release, but I really wanted the fast packs to match my YF-19.

Kinda salty about this Figuarts Naruto I got yesterday. This is how Bandai shouldve released it to begin with instead of the previous Sage Mode Naruto we got. Now I ended up with 2 Naruto's and I guess I can display them doing a shadow clone rasengan :lol:

New Haul 05/21/2018

52 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Kinda salty about this Figuarts Naruto I got yesterday. This is how Bandai shouldve released it to begin with instead of the previous Sage Mode Naruto we got. Now I ended up with 2 Naruto's and I guess I can display them doing a shadow clone rasengan :lol:

New Haul 05/21/2018

Sounds like a plus...but an expensive one. Bandai definitely does some annoying things. I'm pissed about the first Rocket Racoon release with pea shooters and now they have a TWE with a big gun. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sounds like a plus...but an expensive one. Bandai definitely does some annoying things. I'm pissed about the first Rocket Racoon release with pea shooters and now they have a TWE with a big gun. 

What sucks is that i bought a custom robe for my original one thinking this version was nothing but vaporware. So yea it turned into an even more expensive plus :blink::lol:

Figuarts Naruto w/ Custom Robe Figuarts Naruto w/ Custom Robe

4 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

What sucks is that i bought a custom robe for my original one thinking this version was nothing but vaporware. So yea it turned into an even more expensive plus :blink::lol:

Figuarts Naruto w/ Custom Robe Figuarts Naruto w/ Custom Robe

Looks really good! Now you need to get another custom robe for the new one not to be outshined!:p

16 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Unfortunately yes, which is why I seldom display battle damage parts. Too localized to look realistic.

You're welcome Noel!

Actually, I was just convincing myself that I don't need to replace my old Mark 6 with the recent Diecast release. Same goes with my War Machine. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Kicker773 said:

You must ...03D66181-51DC-447F-914E-EC9E8EB98836.thumb.jpeg.34809c605baa0daab27c8179323441bd.jpeg

Very nice display!

Did you add a reinforcing plate between the two detolfs to strengthen the display without the middle partitions?  I would like to set up 4-6 detolfs later and am thinking about taking out the sides as well to widen the range of display.  I suppose it's quite strong once you add the metal plate, and you don't have to worry about losing the support of the side glass panel?

Thanks!