Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

18 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Probably to a lot of people. Not so much to me because I prefer him piloting Valks but yeah, Max is my favorite so I still want one. 

I have too many valks that I want to spend money on before I would consider splurging on a non-valk unit.  The only exceptions are the HMR Destroid defender and Spartan that I got second hand for less than 4000 Yen each before shipping.  Still on the fence about the price (and size) of the Monster though.

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I have too many valks that I want to spend money on before I would consider splurging on a non-valk unit.  The only exceptions are the HMR Destroid defender and Spartan that I got second hand for less than 4000 Yen each before shipping.  Still on the fence about the price (and size) of the Monster though.

Yeah, Valks are key but I like having support and enemy Mecha too. The Monster is arguably the best HMR to date. It's basically a SOC caliber toy, just doesn't do too much because it doesn't need to. 

4 hours ago, rdrunner said:

The Monster is great.  If you are still undecided then maybe go for the Konig Monster.

25A8865D-367C-410A-850B-D5FB712D50C9.thumb.jpeg.c18e0b0ca3c1854ff5a856d5190f1ca4.jpeg

44 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Got a second MB GN Sword Blaster II from a forum member at cost plus shipping. Gonna give this one to my MB 00 Raiser :)

42106650062_840066a387_c.jpg

Nice., Anubis! ;) What's the game plan, one for each 00 Seven Sword and one for 00 Raiser?  

26 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The Monster is great.  If you are still undecided then maybe go for the Konig Monster.

25A8865D-367C-410A-850B-D5FB712D50C9.thumb.jpeg.c18e0b0ca3c1854ff5a856d5190f1ca4.jpeg

Thanks - yes I love the design of Bandai's Konig monster and will probably get that first before I decide on the HMR Monster. 

As usual, that picture, WOW!!

22 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Thats the plan ^_^ My Seven Sword G is still sealed though :lol:

Oh, I'm sure you have the first Seven Sword version to play to begin with. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks - yes I love the design of Bandai's Konig monster and will probably get that first before I decide on the HMR Monster. 

As usual, that picture, WOW!!

Thanks.

On 5/15/2018 at 5:20 PM, CrossAir said:

Thanks. I hope the 00 story will be better than Seed. Sometimes it was hard to keep on following the story or even to keep the interest in it. Never happened to me while watching Macross, whereas Macross 7 had a few long breathing sections, too. Frontier is still my favorite as it all began for me with the RVF-25 DX Valk ;)

I really enjoyed 00 Gundam, I think it is one of the better alternate universes. Recently I re-watched the series and still have to get to the movie. Definitely getting the ultra blu-ray collectors edition coming out in August. 

5 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I really enjoyed 00 Gundam, I think it is one of the better alternate universes. Recently I re-watched the series and still have to get to the movie. Definitely getting the ultra blu-ray collectors edition coming out in August. 

Friendly advice. Just end your Double 00 experience with the series. Pass on the movie. Just collect the figures from it. ;) 

I like most of the suit designs and characters in 00, but there's just something about the story that keeps me from really enjoying it enough to want to finish it and I can't figure out what it is.

7 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I like most of the suit designs and characters in 00, but there's just something about the story that keeps me from really enjoying it enough to want to finish it and I can't figure out what it is.

Feel the same about Seed Destiny. Have to watch the last two movies but something keeps me on hold. <_<

41 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I'll give it try right away and skip the rest of Seed.  Want to see the different modes of the 00 QAN[T] in motion ;)

49 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

Want to see the different modes of the 00 QAN[T] in motion ;)

Spoiler

If you just want to see the 00 Qan[T], just watch the last 20 minutes (or less the Qan[T] is featured in) of the movie. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:
  Hide contents

If you just want to see the 00 Qan[T], just watch the last 20 minutes (or less the Qan[T] is featured in) of the movie. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I gonna take the hard way and watch the entire show. After five episodes I'm still in ^_^

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Friendly advice. Just end your Double 00 experience with the series. Pass on the movie. Just collect the figures from it. ;) 

I don't think we'll be done with 00 yet. There's a planned sequel announced for 00 though no specific details yet (like if it will be movie, ova, or series).

2 hours ago, Kicker773 said:

Some good prices on Macross stuff on eBay right now that someone has listed. If I didn’t have them already I would jump on it. 

Not sure if I'm glad that I saw this or not. Found what I was looking for, but I wasn't planning to spend more money this month. 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Seconded - the movie was a bit of a let down. The mech designs were ok. 

5 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Feel the same about Seed Destiny. Have to watch the last two movies but something keeps me on hold. <_<

I'll give it try right away and skip the rest of Seed.  Want to see the different modes of the 00 QAN[T] in motion ;)

Shin Asuka from Seed D is probably the most hated protagonist in a Gundam Series. 

3 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

^_^

mhl.jpg

Nice Marvel Legends haul.  I passed on Nebula that was clearanced for $4 but I’ll eventually get her for a discount.

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

Search Macross on eBay, newest listed. 

Nice prices.  

6DB2EF6D-4B0E-45FA-A31E-71A0C30E3DC7.thumb.jpeg.41d1636544e1c96cb88a4ec9f9317fbf.jpeg

Here at the theater for Deadpool 2 and they gave out a free little Deadpool figure. :good: 

6 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Nice Marvel Legends haul.  I passed on Nebula that was clearanced for $4 but I’ll eventually get her for a discount.

Nice prices.  

6DB2EF6D-4B0E-45FA-A31E-71A0C30E3DC7.thumb.jpeg.41d1636544e1c96cb88a4ec9f9317fbf.jpeg

Here at the theater for Deadpool 2 and they gave out a free little Deadpool figure. :good: 

Oh nice! Forgot that was out today but don't think I could bring my kids to that one. 

YAY!  I found a faculty member willing to sponsor my proposed dissertation research topic idea!  So excited... I might actually be able to graduate in 2 years!

To celebrate... I kind of ordered a Yamato 1/60 VF-11B.

See... it was not a frivolous purchase... it was a one=time, celebratory purchase. I had a justifiable excuse... really! Why doesn't anyone believe me?!

Oh yeah... my HMR Hikaru VF-1A arrived today. I could not get the leg armor parts to attach initially. Realized it was due to them having attached the back plate to the side leg armor piece in reverse. So I removed, swapped, reversed, and re-attached the back plate for both legs. Kind of surprised how Bandai is doing some sloppy work with this release.

image.png.d84096297051c2d91c2480d8896e13e5.png

Also... for some reason, when I look at my HMRs, I feel a bit Jewish. It's like a minora made of Valkyries and Tamashii stands.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat