Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

42 minutes ago, locidm said:

I think you should be very proud of your self control! 

Haha, I would hardly consider buying almost every 1/60 that has come out in the last few years self control but thanks!

35 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I started my Valk shopping around March 17th, so I am almost at my 2 month anniversary!

I can't even imagine the hit on your account for that. Especially because I'm only buying new releases at preorder discount price and you are digging for older Valks and paying a premium even though I know you are finding good deals. 

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, I would hardly consider buying almost every 1/60 that has come out in the last few years self control but thanks!

I can't even imagine the hit on your account for that. Especially because I'm only buying new releases at preorder discount price and you are digging for older Valks and paying a premium even though I know you are finding good deals. 

It hurt.. it hurt a lot. But it felt so good.

On the bright side, if I get really really desperate for money, I hear that healthy girls with Ivy League education and no history of drug use can make a lot of money donating their eggs. Like $5K per donation. I saw a flyer at the Student Center a few days ago saying that one could make as much as $60K a year doing monthly egg donations.

That can buy A LOT of valkyries.....

11 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

On the bright side, if I get really really desperate for money, I hear that healthy girls with Ivy League education and no history of drug use can make a lot of money donating their eggs. Like $5K per donation. I saw a flyer at the Student Center a few days ago saying that one could make as much as $60K a year doing monthly egg donations.

Haha, sounds better than selling kidneys! Hmmm...maybe I can get my wife to look into this to help my Valk funding. 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

egg prices vary based on ivy league education criteria? Big hmmmmm.......:unknw:

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just so you know it's not like you go to the shop and they take the eggs out and you're done in 5 minutes. It's a very lengthy process and becomes very emotional. Plus you'll have to do self injection shots for a period of time. 

How do I know? My sister did it. Not for a shop, but for a couple that couldn't have kids. 

Just something to think about. 

41 minutes ago, seti88 said:

egg prices vary based on ivy league education criteria? Big hmmmmm.......:unknw:

Yes. The more educated you are on paper the more desirable you become. Athletic? Tall? Fit? Those are all wanted traits when having a baby. Basically you are marketing your potential baby to couples that want to have kids. 

2 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Just so you know it's not like you go to the shop and they take the eggs out and you're done in 5 minutes. It's a very lengthy process and becomes very emotional. Plus you'll have to do self injection shots for a period of time. 

How do I know? My sister did it. Not for a shop, but for a couple that couldn't have kids. 

Just something to think about. 

Shots? Needles? Nope nope nope nope... so much for that idea.

Really though, as much as the money would be nice, I am not seriously considering selling my eggs.

While I admit I spent way more on valkyries than I should have... by A LOT... I am kind of counting on my future self to hopefully be making a decent income once I finish my PhD in hopefully a couple of years from now. Hopefully... *gulp* *nervous look*

*holds up cardboard sign*  Will do frequent itemset data mining for food... and valkyrie  

14 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Yes. The more educated you are on paper the more desirable you become. Athletic? Tall? Fit? Those are all wanted traits when having a baby. Basically you are marketing your potential baby to couples that want to have kids. 

Yup, they are free to sell it however they want to.

Such a pity Oprah's mother's eggs wouldn't have even made it to the list.

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Shots? Needles? Nope nope nope nope... so much for that idea.

Really though, as much as the money would be nice, I am not seriously considering selling my eggs.

While I admit I spent way more on valkyries than I should have... by A LOT... I am kind of counting on my future self to hopefully be making a decent income once I finish my PhD in hopefully a couple of years from now. Hopefully... *gulp* *nervous look*

*holds up cardboard sign*  Will do frequent itemset data mining for food... and valkyrie  

I didn't want to scare you, but rather somewhat educate you. Honestly it's an admirable thing to do for those that make that choice. 

I'm sure you'll be just fine ;)

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yup, they are free to sell it however they want to.

Such a pity Oprah's mother's eggs wouldn't have even made it to the list.

There's a lot to be said about what you can't write down on paper. I know tons of very educated idiots. It's a sad world sometimes lol

11 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Datamining? That's a hot field, good one to get into. That or machine learning (there's a bit of overlap as I understand it).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

On 5/3/2018 at 11:56 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

A couple of new arrivals in the mail today.

2. Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A TV Max

image.png.b1069448775c4bd5ff68c8b5ed60f5c4.png

I hope CD Japan does more of these outlet deals. The price is great, and I don't see any problems at all with the outlet HMR valk I just received.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A TV Max? I've been looking for that one, but haven't seen it for less than $450 (currently on ebay).

5 hours ago, gochow said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1A TV Max? I've been looking for that one, but haven't seen it for less than $450 (currently on ebay).

Yep, somewhere in that range. TV Max consistently sells for about $400 on YJA before shipping and proxy costs.

Hi guys I was starting to fiddle with the VF-25F renewal when all of a sudden this piece dropped out (or at least I am hoping that it’s not broken). I was like holy crap, and for the life of me can’t figure out where it should go. I watched some of Jenius’ transformation guides but the transformation was so quick and smooth in his vids, I had no clue what I did wrong LOL. 

So is it broken or can I put it back, if so where should it go? Thanks much!

65BA3E3B-A2B6-4BE8-B175-3998F9E6F2CC.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

It looks like the back of the head that snapped off when you tried to pull it out. I don’t know if it is supposed to detach or not though but no big deal anyway just glue it back :)

Thanks @XigfridI’m going to take a look when I can later tonight. :)

On 5/11/2018 at 2:13 PM, rdrunner said:

Thanks Saburo, I have been a fan of your Macross shots for years and they are absolutely gorgeous!!

Just realized the previous owner had the head mis-transformed and the head fin on mine is facing the wrong way.  I wonder if that's why I have larger gaps than expected on the chest/back pieces in fighter mode.

Thank you @rdrunner I appreciate the support and glad those pics help. 

Edited by Saburo

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

OMG! I just got back my term paper grades. YAY! I'm going to maintain my A average.

Time to add a Yamato v2 1/60 Hikaru VF-1J with Super Parts to my shopping cart!

Good for you and advance congratulations on your upcoming Super VF-1J purchase. You’re really in the right path. :good:;) 

Not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask this question, but does anyone know if the Takatoku 1/55 GBP armor will fit with the 2002 Bandai reissue 1/55 Valks?  I know from Jenius' review that the shape of the arms have changed a little bit so that the old super parts don't fit on the arm, but not sure if this is also the case with the GBP-1?

I have a VF-1J from the 2002 reissue and wanted to get a set of GBP armor for it.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask this question, but does anyone know if the Takatoku 1/55 GBP armor will fit with the 2002 Bandai reissue 1/55 Valks?  I know from Jenius' review that the shape of the arms have changed a little bit so that the old super parts don't fit on the arm, but not sure if this is also the case with the GBP-1?

I have a VF-1J from the 2002 reissue and wanted to get a set of GBP armor for it.

Thanks!

Not sure what's the answer but we have lots of thread related to that subject. But for quick FAQ's, check the one below. ;)

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

That's a really impressive collection you have built up in only a few months! 

2 month anniversary of Macross collecting this Thursday the 17th! Time to toss all the receipts and blank my mind to how much I spent in only 2 months. 

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Damn, your LEGO Y-Wing is almost as big as the studio-scale bird I'm building!  :o

SSYwing.thumb.jpg.9d8362fc1d650af2992feca5eb1e4881.jpg

I’m sure your scale model will look 100x better than the LEGO version once you’re done. And your photography skills will enhance it even more :)

Thanks for sharing the pic. It reinforces my thought that the LEGO version is appropriately scaled to the astromech droid, but too large for the pilot minifig. Shame as I got it because I thought it would scale with the Slave 1 and Millennium Falcon.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure what's the answer but we have lots of thread related to that subject. But for quick FAQ's, check the one below. ;)

Thanks very much @no3Ljm for all the info.  It's also unclear to me whether old Takatoku GBP armors will fit on the Bandai reissues.  The closest I have come to is this picture on Jenius' review:Takatoku-vs-Bandai-1.jpg

You can see that the shape of the forearms are slightly different, and I think some people have mentioned that the super parts forearm piece won't fit perfectly because of this change. I used to own a GBP as a kid and remember that the GBP forearm armor just slides on to the arm, but am not sure if the slight change in shape will affect the fit.

Edited by rdrunner

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ever? Ever ever? Nice and congrats!

Right now? Ever ever. Never planned to get a Gundam and stick to Valkyries only, but now I couldn't resist any more. I fear what comes.

Same happened with the DX Valks: Planned only to get one and by now I don't have as much display space as I wish for. :unsure:;)

7 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

Right now? Ever ever. Never planned to get a Gundam and stick to Valkyries only, but now I couldn't resist any more. I fear what comes.

Same happened with the DX Valks: Planned only to get one and by now I don't have as much display space as I wish for. :unsure:;)

Haha, sounds like a familiar story and I hear Gundam MB collecting is just as bad.:D

I'll be getting my first Gundam MB when the Aile Strike comes out.