Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Konata's philosophy on collecting (from "Lucky Star" episode 3)...

image.png.8e44f8315893398f35c107d7e634d743.png

image.png.81d4672a812b821c0a2d7e377388167e.png

image.png.d7752b9bb2db6e56bd1736fe86f86c57.png

image.png.914c9461bca0fbdcd5ccfa67f80eb3d4.png

image.png.22adb39e5d5bd8b925554acbe159eb0a.png

image.png.7f86a2b387528ccd91f02f1d2c6be4d9.png

For some reason, I feel like I am slowly wanting to be like Konata when it comes to Valkyrie collecting.... *sigh*

I think a lot of collectors came to a similar conclusion a long time ago. Part of why that show and scene in particular are so popular. 

23 hours ago, tekering said:

Promo shots definitely don't do the phosphorescent paint justice.  I've done my best to depict the glow-in-the-dark effect with multiple exposures:

5ae9de323134f_cruiserwithrunninglights.thumb.jpg.6ba7ea52ad109e2f1e0cc999bba92ba4.jpg

Is that a Bandai stand holding it up? Is it freestanding or did you figure out a way to clip it in?

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

For some reason, I feel like I am slowly wanting to be like Konata when it comes to Valkyrie collecting.... *sigh*

But collecting Valkyrie this way is three times harder: You need at least three for display in each mode, then maybe also three for preservation and three as extra of course :lol:

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

image.png.81d4672a812b821c0a2d7e377388167e.png

image.png.d7752b9bb2db6e56bd1736fe86f86c57.png

image.png.914c9461bca0fbdcd5ccfa67f80eb3d4.png

Haha I’ve fallen into this trap once or twice. I just try for doubles now, but I don’t even have room for that many toys :unknw:

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I definitely follow this strategy for certain releases, especially if I intend to modify anything about them.  One to keep mint, one to mess with and zoom about, and one to modify.  That way, if I mess up anything on the modification, I don't feel bad about disassembling the second copy to assist in coming up with a fix.

For Bandai releases in particular though, my experiences with the 171 drove me to purchase doubles.  I figure out of the pair, I should at least be able to put together a single functional valk. :p  That's been borne out in practice too, since it seems like one out of every pair has some flaw, or missing piece, or misprinted tampo, or something.  Those "duds" are the ones I transform and play around with; since they're already flawed, I don't worry about messing them up further.

Edited by Chronocidal

8738B57E-E260-4611-8C4F-0787CA6142E0.thumb.jpeg.172134e72497a8e4096826c1bb194e8c.jpeg

Got a Marvel Legends 6” scale head for $1 to use for Cyclops when he removes his visor.  I’ll probably sculpt some more hair on his head before I paint it up.

Edited by sh9000

*sigh*

So.... I just ordered a MISB Yamato 1/60 VF-17S on eBay.... despite the fact that I am already going to be getting one soon from @SuperDimensionalDave as part of a trade.

I claim that the stupid eBay 15% off coupon made me do it. That cut the eBay price from $172.99 down to $147.04 with free shipping. 

Part of me keeps saying "I'm so stupid!" repeatedly to myself.... but another part of me says "But it was a good price!"

I hope that was a good price. Was it a good price? Please tell me that was a good price. Please don't tell me I did not only buy a duplicate, but overpaid for the duplicate too. Please?

*worried look*

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh*

So.... I just ordered a MISB Yamato 1/60 VF-17S on eBay.... despite the fact that I am already going to be getting one soon from @SuperDimensionalDave as part of a trade.

I claim that the stupid eBay 15% off coupon made me do it. That cut the eBay price from $172.99 down to $147.04 with free shipping. 

Part of me keeps saying "I'm so stupid!" repeatedly to myself.... but another part of me says "But it was a good price!"

I hope that was a good price. Was it a good price? Please tell me that was a good price. Please tell me I did not only buy a duplicate, but overpaid for the duplicate too. Please?

*worried look*

Honestly, that's what, like $100 off the original retail price?  That's nothing to sneeze at!  The 17S is a beast, you can put one in fighter and one in battroid that way. :) 

B651E5AA-A19D-4DAF-8675-4A5DFC805FF0.thumb.jpeg.7e6d95e07a71053e270685eb814724a3.jpeg

Also just got Marvel Legends 3.75” Rocket Racoon and Groot and Thor and Lady Thor for $10 total.  Prices seem about right and should balance out with the Marvel Legends 6” Ant-Man and the Wasp movie Ant-Man and Wasp figures that are coming in that I got for free.

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, that's what, like $100 off the original retail price?  That's nothing to sneeze at!  The 17S is a beast, you can put one in fighter and one in battroid that way. :) 

Actually, I have no idea what the original retail price for the 17S was back in the day.  Wasn't it around the 9000 yen range like the original retail prices for the Yamato v2 VF-1 toys, not including super/strike parts?

Released in December 2011 for an initial MSRP of 24,800Yen, the VF-17S was one of the most expensive Yamato releases ever

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=5957

I'm going to try and stop myself from spending any more after looking at my credit card bill for the last month (and how it's doubled).

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Lol Shizuka you're outta control!!! :lol: There's crazy cat ladies but you're a crazy Valkyrie cat lady!

Picked up Mezco One: 12 Old Man Logan two hours ago from one of my other hobby stores that I regularly go to for my TF and 1/6th figure fixes.

Worth the pick up and just posed him with Shinkocchou Seihou Kamen Rider Skull. Haven't fiddled around with the other accessories or with Baby Banner Hulk.

Edit: Not the best pic as per the unfocused shot on Logan's mug.  :lol:

DSC00784.jpg

Edited by borgified

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Actually, I have no idea what the original retail price for the 17S was back in the day.  Wasn't it around the 9000 yen range like the original retail prices for the Yamato v2 VF-1 toys, not including super/strike parts?

Absolutely not.  I paid ¥22,320 (cut and pasted from the order e-mail from HLJ) for the original 17S and the exchange rate was 75.83 yen to the dollar.  Making this thing just barely sub $300, and well above with shipping.

Opened up the Sentinel ride armor (or whatever the official designation is supposed to be). It's my first Mospeada toy since I lost my "Scott Bernard Cyclone" sometime in the late 80s. Gotta say, it's fantastic!

The only thing I don't like is the visor. It looks like a jack-o-lantern face. Gonna need to strip the paint from it to make it passable.

I'm going to be very disappointed if Sentinel doesn't make all the ride armors. I especially want the red one.

On a side note, I got the payment request for Ray the day after I shipped out my PW. Goddammit Sentinel (or HLJ)!

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Opened up the Sentinel ride armor (or whatever the official designation is supposed to be). It's my first Mospeada toy since I lost my "Scott Bernard Cyclone" sometime in the late 80s. Gotta say, it's fantastic!

The only thing I don't like is the visor. It looks like a jack-o-lantern face. Gonna need to strip the paint from it to make it passable.

I'm going to be very disappointed if Sentinel doesn't make all the ride armors. I especially want the red one.

On a side note, I got the payment request for Ray the day after I shipped out my PW. Goddammit Sentinel (or HLJ)!

Sentinels ride armors are based on aramaki's redesign for the mospeada artbook. He only did stiq and rey's ride, so if no other ride armors appear it would b because he didnt redesign the rest. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You can actually redo the visor re-paint as it another member on the TFW2005: Mospeada Thread has done it (Destructimus Prime is her user name), don't know if one was actually posted here on the Mospeada threads here.    

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Lance is on the Ray cover.o0620082714167746123.jpg 

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Tip?  I gave a tip?  And it was.... useful?!

*CATNIP TIME !!!*

But really, what tip did I give?

I think you were the one who mentioned it was for sale at Anime Export. Could be mistaken though.

Been so busy lately, finally get the chance to open my HLJ PW.  

EMS shipping seems to be slower than usual from Japan .

IMG_2047a.jpg.84d40f1ac55fdba341ecc1d8b6af052b.jpg

Received some items from my proxy yesterday too

They shrink wrapped it so well, and with slots for handle on the cardboard that I don't even want to cut it open.B))

2x TWE Metal Build F91 Harrison Martin ed. 1x TWE Dx Chogokin VF-31a (from yahoo auction)

IMG_2046a.jpg.34bdfd3f942bf183776913ec5b8aef7c.jpg

Edited by F360