Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

If I had a big house I'd have more toys...Unfortunately I spent a lot of my money on gadgets and travel in the first few years of my working life. I regret the gadgets, but I don't regret the travels. Also back then I didn't know the wonderful world of toy collecting via online shops. :D

52 minutes ago, tekering said:

It's all a matter of priorities.  I don't have kids, I don't have investments, I don't even own a car... 

hallwaysouth.thumb.jpg.90ede0a8282ad58df4a5a0ea0e79bfab.jpg

...but I have a lot of toys.  :D

That's an awesome toy room! Good for you, you don't have kids. I don't have kids but I save for future responsibilities (aging parents, a nephew, my future self). I have some 'investments' but the stock market is kinda down right now. But it is an opportunity for buying. Unfortunately a lot of my budget goes to 'purchases' now :p

1 hour ago, tekering said:

It's all a matter of priorities.  I don't have kids, I don't have investments, I don't even own a car... 

Amazing toy room :hail:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Not owning a car is not such a big deal anymore now that there is Uber. However you surely have a Will wherein you leave all these goodies to some beloved niece or nephew?

39 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Always awestruck to see your toy room tekering! Makes me wonder how many toy boxed you went through and if you still do have em.

I certainly do!  I bought a house so I'd have enough space to display everything... with an attic for all the necessary storage.  ^_^

loft.jpg

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

Not owning a car is not such a big deal anymore now that there is Uber.

Not in this country!  :unsure:  And taxis are damned expensive in Japan.

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

However you surely have a Will wherein you leave all these goodies to some beloved niece or nephew?

No such child, I fear.  In the event of my untimely death, my wife has instructions to contact the recycle shop on the south side of town...  They have knowledgeable staff who can appraise the value accurately, and I can rely on them to give her some semblance of what the collection's worth.

Anyway, here's my most recent toy purchase:

gabriel.thumb.jpg.83f730d4ebc3bede0858bd2fb900a98e.jpg

DX9's "Gabriel."

15 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Haha I’ve instructed my next of kin to give me a Viking funeral with all of my toys *fiah* 

I suppose if I ever have kids, I'd want them to inherit my Valkyries.... and they better appreciate them! Of course, I would indoctrinate them into Macross from an early age. I'd show them Macross, DYRL, Plus, I suppose 7, and Frontier. I'm iffy if I would show them Delta, and I'd send them to the adoption agency if they ever watched 2.  *LOL* 

But I have to admit... I am not thrilled by the idea of carrying around a 7 to 10 pound bowling ball in my tummy for months on end, yet alone squeezing something that big out from between my legs. *sigh* 

[ now goes into a rant about how male/female plumbing is unfair ]

Anyways....

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

6 hours ago, tekering said:

I certainly do!  I bought a house so I'd have enough space to display everything... with an attic for all the necessary storage.  ^_^

loft.jpg

Not in this country!  :unsure:  And taxis are damned expensive in Japan.

No such child, I fear.  In the event of my untimely death, my wife has instructions to contact the recycle shop on the south side of town...  They have knowledgeable staff who can appraise the value accurately, and I can rely on them to give her some semblance of what the collection's worth.

Anyway, here's my most recent toy purchase:

gabriel.thumb.jpg.83f730d4ebc3bede0858bd2fb900a98e.jpg

DX9's "Gabriel."

Great collection!

I don't feel like reading through the FT and DX9 threads at TFW regarding the two Omega Supremes but can you give me the basics on the differences and why you went with DX9? Or if you have both, comparisons?

13 hours ago, tekering said:

What you have is a Toy Store not yet open to the public and this is a glimpse of what to come. ;)

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I don't feel like reading through the FT and DX9 threads at TFW regarding the two Omega Supremes but can you give me the basics on the differences and why you went with DX9?

I know exactly how you feel...  Getting relevant information on third-party product is becoming harder and harder, as there's just too much idle chatter and minutiae to sift through... TFW2005 is almost as bad as MacrossWorld.  <_<

• FansToys' "Terminus Giganticus" was sold in two parts; "Gabriel" is a single package
  • DX9's proportions are closer to Omega Supreme's animated depiction; FansToys is more G1 toy-accurate
  • "Terminus Giganticus" has balance issues, as multiple video reviews have established; "Gabriel" is more stable and easier to pose
  • FansToys is known for heavier figures with an overabundance of die cast; "Gabriel" is heavy enough as it is...!  :o

Simply put, DX9's figure looks exactly like Omega Supreme I remember from the cartoon, and thus fits the Masterpiece aesthetic best.

5ae7b1a7dd704_AutobotMasterpieces.thumb.jpg.19941607380f66e8a264a32870203662.jpg

16 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Got Marvel Legends Promixa Midnight for $10.

Is that how she looked in the movie?

17 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I more wonder how you afford it.

Little did I know, MWF is filled with Fortune 500 executives. 

We’re all old, we’ve worked many years and have larger paychecks... either that or somebody is murderng their credit.

10 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I suppose if I ever have kids, I'd want them to inherit my Valkyries.... and they better appreciate them! Of course, I would indoctrinate them into Macross from an early age. I'd show them Macross, DYRL, Plus, I suppose 7, and Frontier. I'm iffy if I would show them Delta, and I'd send them to the adoption agency if they ever watched 2.  *LOL* 

But I have to admit... I am not thrilled by the idea of carrying around a 7 to 10 pound bowling ball in my tummy for months on end, yet alone squeezing something that big out from between my legs. *sigh* 

[ now goes into a rant about how male/female plumbing is unfair ]

Anyways....

That plumbing means you aren’t treated like cannon fodder.  Call it a draw.

13 minutes ago, tekering said:

I know exactly how you feel...  Getting relevant information on third-party product is becoming harder and harder, as there's just too much idle chatter and minutiae to sift through... TFW2005 is almost as bad as MacrossWorld.  <_<

• FansToys' "Terminus Giganticus" was sold in two parts; "Gabriel" is a single package
  • DX9's proportions are closer to Omega Supreme's animated depiction; FansToys is more G1 toy-accurate
  • "Terminus Giganticus" has balance issues, as multiple video reviews have established; "Gabriel" is more stable and easier to pose
  • FansToys is known for heavier figures with an overabundance of die cast; "Gabriel" is heavy enough as it is...!  :o

Simply put, DX9's figure looks exactly like Omega Supreme I remember from the cartoon, and thus fits the Masterpiece aesthetic best.

5ae7b1a7dd704_AutobotMasterpieces.thumb.jpg.19941607380f66e8a264a32870203662.jpg

Is that how she looked in the movie?

Thanks! That's pretty much the info I wanted. I love TFW but I don't even check the regular or 3P threads there anymore. Too much nonsense, not enough new stuff that interests me. 

12 minutes ago, Mommar said:

We’re all old, we’ve worked many years and have larger paychecks... either that or somebody is murderng their credit.

ED0601CC-2E4A-4423-87B8-75932BF05F09.png

So, I was wondering...

In Macross lore, does Basara eventually marry Mylene? 

I am trying to organize my valkyries, and wondering if I should make room for the VF-19 Kai to go on my Max + Miria shelf as their son-in-law.

Please tell me she did not get together with Mr Boring Pilot with the Dmitri haircut.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So, I was wondering...

In Macross lore, does Basara eventually marry Mylene? 

I am trying to organize my valkyries, and wondering if I should make room for the VF-19 Kai to go on my Max + Miria shelf as their son-in-law.

Please tell me she did not get together with Mr Boring Pilot with the Dmitri haircut.

I can't imagine that Basara would be the guy that is interested in anything but singing. I'm pretty sure Miria got her way and married Mylene to Gamlin. :p 

*Gamlin Kick*

Bildergebnis für gamlin kick

Edited by Scyla

Welcome to the family, VF-4G!

image.png.89b37583d658f7ffac5ce099e81560f3.png

I did not realize she was so much bigger and longer than the VF-1. I had to put her onto the shelf sideways as she is just too long to fit in the display cabinet oriented in the same direction as the other valks.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I did not realize she was so much bigger and longer than the VF-1. I had to put her onto the shelf sideways as she is just too long to fit in the display cabinet oriented in the same direction as the other valks.

I'm constantly tempted by the VF-4 but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Congrats!

12 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I'm constantly tempted by the VF-4 but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Congrats!

I have to admit, I am of 2 minds regarding the VF-4's design. Part of me thinks it looks neat and futuristic. But part of me also finds the way it mounts missiles to be strange. Why not put wing hard points, to allow for a variety of ordinance? It seemingly cannot use reaction weapons as a result. Also, seemingly no use of fast packs, super or strike parts, or armor. It's use of 10 wings or fins (vs the VF-1's 6.... 2 for the wings, 2 for the tail fins, and 2 fins on the legs) make it seem like it is most suited for atmospheric flight, making me wonder if that era had a separate space-superiority fighter and the VF-4 was an air-superiority fighter?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Just reading you're feed back in regards to the VF-4 @Shizuka the Cat. Wasn't the VF-4 a prototype of a future valk that was to be produced and that's why there was no need to add the Super and the reaction missles? 

Starting to watch Macross 7 now as I didn't watch it originally and now thinking that the VF-11 was possibly based on the design of VF-4? 

If anyone can correct me on the two above items, greatly appreciated.

From Jenuis' pic on Anymoon.

Edit: Is the VF-0s longer than the SV-51 (as I don't have a VF-0 valk in my collection)? One hour later.. The SV-51 are longer and taller than the VF-0s.

DX-VF-27-4.jpg

Edited by borgified

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Grats on the VF-4. Just paint the nose yellow and add some skulls to the stabilizers and she'll be perfect. :)

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I have to admit, I am of 2 minds regarding the VF-4's design. Part of me thinks it looks neat and futuristic. But part of me also finds the way it mounts missiles to be strange. Why not put wing hard points, to allow for a variety of ordinance? It seemingly cannot use reaction weapons as a result. Also, seemingly no use of fast packs, super or strike parts. It's use of 10 wings or fins (vs the VF-1's 6.... 2 for the wings, 2 for the tail fins, and 2 fins on the legs) make it seem like it is most suited for atmospheric flight, making me wonder if that era had a separate space-superiority fighter and the VF-4 was an air-superiority fighter?

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Just reading you're feed back in regards to the VF-4 @Shizuka the Cat. Wasn't the VF-4 a prototype of a future valk that was to be produced and that's why there was no need to add the Super and the reaction missles? 

Starting to watch Macross 7 now as I didn't watch it originally and now thinking that the VF-11 was possibly based on the design of VF-4? 

If anyone can correct me on the two above items, greatly appreciated.

From Jenuis' pic on Anymoon.

Edit: Is the VF-0s longer than the SV-51 (as I don't have a VF-0 valk in my collection)? One hour later.. The SV-51 are longer and taller than the VF-0s.

DX-VF-27-4.jpg

Actually the VF-4 is the result of merging the VF-1 Fast packs with the body of the VF-1 so it already technically has fast packs built in and doesn’t require additional packs.  Plus the single hull body configuration gives it a 40% increased fuel capacity over the VF-1.  The VF-4 was a space superiority craft because of that plus it actually had manuverability issues in atmosphere which lead to the development of the VF-5000 for in atmosphere use.  It does also have hard points on the wings but they weren’t shown in animation, etc...  so they aren’t included on the toy.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Grats on the VF-4. Just paint the nose yellow and add some skulls to the stabilizers and she'll be perfect. :)

Don't listen to Lolicon, @Shizuka the Cat. You have to paint the feet brown too then I can call that perfect. :rolleyes: