Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

6 hours ago, borgified said:

How's Sentinel's version of the Cyclones so far? Both a hit and a miss I take it.. :unsure:

Some parts on ball joints have a tendency to fall off, but -- with one exception so far -- the transformation has proven easier than anticipated, and the aesthetics are top-notch, as you can tell by all the terrific photos that have been posted.  :wub:

Furthermore, Sentinel's Riobots have long since sold out everywhere, and even getting a pre-order in for next month's Ray release is proving impossible.

By Mospeada standards, it's a huge hit. B))

20 hours ago, Gundam@EFSF said:
+10 pics!!! 機甲創世紀【Lonely Soldier Boy~】Stick's Mospeada

Do you remember,That old lullaby?
除咗嗰一塊前腳甲 成日甩 膊頭變形difficult之外 性價比ok 一隻好精緻的80s design 用現代技術還原!
_DSC9842.jpg

009.jpg
011.jpg
013.jpg
0015.jpg

Why all my pics are distorted using mobile????

On 4/21/2018 at 5:08 PM, Pedro2k6 said:

Awesome

Thank you @Pedro2k6

On 4/21/2018 at 6:03 PM, Slave IV said:

Beautiful shot!

Thank you @Slave IV!

On 4/21/2018 at 6:14 PM, MacrossMania said:

This is the kind of bad ass gangster sh#$ I love.

This probably my favorite compliment yet. :D

On 4/21/2018 at 7:25 PM, Lolicon said:

Nice! That background is perfect.

Thank you @Lolicon! I think I went a little overboard with the cracks in the pavement.

On 4/21/2018 at 7:58 PM, sh9000 said:

Nice pic @Saburo.  I like the different change of pace.

Thank you @sh9000

On 4/21/2018 at 8:25 PM, seti88 said:

Sabuuurrooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

tumblr_oqzop3y3Z21w0ii2ho1_500.gif.42b26aae2d856ffce8534d174f876f79.gif

Seeeetiiiiiiiiiiii!!! :D

22 hours ago, borgified said:

I got the Akira vibe there @Saburo.

Wait a second here... Are you trying to unsurp me of my user pic by any chance?? Maybe I should change it.. :p 

:D

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love it Saburo! :wub: Your Stig is left-handed like me. :good:^_^ 

LOL, I swapped the gun over so that it was visible or if you like to make him left-handed. ;)

5 hours ago, spanner said:

That is awesome!!! Absolutely love it! :good:

Thank you @spanner!

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Loving the addition of the Roy and Hikaru HMR VF-1S Strike valkyries to my collection.

image.png.197d8037e395df57e390bce5fb0cd189.png

Great display but I think it'll look even better with a clear stand! 

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Thank you @Lolicon! I think I went a little overboard with the cracks in the pavement.

I thought it it's in line with the wasteland we saw in the series. :)

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh god....

I actually won my first Yahoo Japan auction (via Buyee). I will soon be the owner of a Yamato 1/60 scale VF-19 Fire Valkyrie for 13,000 yen.

giphy.gif

Edited for yah. ;) 

What you've done is you're now a proud owner of a Valkyrie with a handsome face. ^_^

tumblr_n3knrnWIgJ1s40tcxo1_500.gif

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Oh god....

I actually won my first Yahoo Japan auction (via Buyee). I will soon be the owner of a Yamato 1/60 scale VF-19 Fire Valkyrie for 13,000 yen.

What have I done?!  

Are you spending without having extra funds available to pay off your debt?? I hope not this time.. :unsure: I actually have a list of possible valks that I want get however I might pass on a fair bit of them as I'm being really picky and selective this time..  

@Shizuka the Cat  don't listen to the HATERS around here! :lol: LISTEN TO BASARA'S SONNNNNGG! FIRREEEE!!!! :wub: If you don't already have it, buy or download the Fire Bomber CD and go for a drive with it..it's a blast...windows down, CRANK IT!  Seriously though...the Yamato 19's are pretty amazing toys, no matter the color! :D

5 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

@Shizuka the Cat  don't listen to the HATERS around here! :lol: LISTEN TO BASARA'S SONNNNNGG! FIRREEEE!!!! :wub: If you don't already have it, buy or download the Fire Bomber CD and go for a drive with it..it's a blast...windows down, CRANK IT!  Seriously though...the Yamato 19's are pretty amazing toys, no matter the color! :D

I have to admit... I really did enjoy watching the final episode of Macross 7. It was ridiculous... but a fun kind of ridiculous. Plus, I never get tired of listening to "Try Again", probably the best Fire Bomber song.

Is it bad that I liked watching Max and Miria fighting in VF-22's, and Battle 7 blowing up?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

15 minutes ago, borgified said:

Are you spending without having extra funds available to pay off your debt?? I hope not this time.. :unsure: I actually have a list of possible valks that I want get however I might pass on a fair bit of them as I'm being really picky and selective this time..  

I know... I know.

I got carried away by what I thought was a decent bargain.

Yes, I am a compulsive shopper... obviously. *sigh* Fortunately, other than my mortgage, I am not really carrying around any debt. Just burning thru my savings. I wonder if I can earn some income during summer vacation.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I wonder if I can earn some income during summer vacation.

Hmm.. Are you doing tutorials to students that need help? There's a bit a funds to help you out and knock off some of your mortgage payments off and don't forget to sell off your unwanted clothes, jewellery etc.. right? ;) 

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hmm.. Are you doing tutorials to students that need help? There's a bit a funds to help you out and knock off some of your mortgage payments off and don't forget to sell off your unwanted clothes, jewellery etc.. right? ;) 

There are more grad students than there are funded RA or TA positions, unfortunately.

As for selling stuff, I do have a box filled with DVDs and CDs I am thinking of sending off to Decluttr. Looks like I can get about $70 from them for what I have in the box.

13 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

There are more grad students than there are funded RA or TA positions, unfortunately.

As for selling stuff, I do have a box filled with DVDs and CDs I am thinking of sending off to Decluttr. Looks like I can get about $70 from them for what I have in the box.

What is this Decluttr? Is it only for US based residents? My wife and I have a ton of CDs and DVDs we’d like to offload.

Also, for a moment there I thought you wrote “Deculture!” :p

Edited by ArchieNov

22 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

What is this Decluttr? Is it only for US based residents? My wife and I have a ton of CDs and DVDs we’d like to offload.

Hey Archie. I checked and it looks like it's US base for now as per their FAQ page.

ABOUT US

Q. Can I use the decluttr Store if I live outside the US?
A. At this time, we are unable to accept orders from customers outside the US. Any orders placed to be delivered to a non-US postal address will be cancelled and refunded.

35 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Also, for a moment there I thought you wrote “Deculture!” :p

Decluttr is a site that buys used DVDs, BDs, books, and certain electronics. They have a mobile app that can scan ISBN numbers of items and tells you how much they will offer you for the item.

Some DVDs they might not take. Others, they might give you 5 cents for. Still others, maybe a couple of dollars. Oddly enough, the items in my box that seem to fetch the most money are my swing dancing CDs.

On a separate note, I wonder how much this 1/1 scale VF-25 would cost...

5 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Decluttr is a site that buys used DVDs, BDs, books, and certain electronics. They have a mobile app that can scan ISBN numbers of items and tells you how much they will offer you for the item.

Some DVDs they might not take. Others, they might give you 5 cents for. Still others, maybe a couple of dollars. Oddly enough, the items in my box that seem to fetch the most money are my swing dancing CDs.

Where's the rest of it? 6,000,000Y preorder CANCELLED!:lol:

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I'd also like to know how much shipping would be as well.  :D

7 minutes ago, spanner said:

Added a few more cars to the stable..

The Lotus 76 is 1:43 scale, not my usual scale to collect but being a Ronnie Peterson car I had to have it! 

IMG_20180422_124223.jpg

Ooooh. The JPS Special. ;) :good: 

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ooooh. The JPS Special. ;) :good: 

Indeed! I have always had a special fondness of the JPS cars, especially Ronnie Peterson's cars and have finally been able to build a small collection of his cars!

Ronnie was an amazing driver in his era and a great loss to the sport when he died in 1978.. :cray: