Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

31 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@SuperHobo that is great news. Was it just an announcement or did they have some prototype pics?

I hope they'll be making the all of the Knight Sabers.

Today's arrival

31117767_2057021931221089_4196837124466540544_o.thumb.jpg.5d83729e2e782298c2a9b0abf4c486bd.jpg

30711952_2057038387886110_9131015070166286336_o.jpg.be3c407bcd265039fe96713ccd6da47c.jpg

30706500_2057032854553330_4944958317907673088_o.jpg.ff80238e043508afdaf4e5edba17c4aa.jpg

Sadly the figma announcement was just a placeholder card with an illustration. I pray a prototype will be shown at summer wonderfest. 

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

@SuperHobo that is great news. Was it just an announcement or did they have some prototype pics?

Today's arrival

30706500_2057032854553330_4944958317907673088_o.jpg.ff80238e043508afdaf4e5edba17c4aa.jpg

There it is! Looks awesome. ;) :good:  Did you got two, Saburo? 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

EEP!  2 hours til my birthday.... and I am feeling the urge to buy something.  EEP!

Happy Birthday Miss Macross! Enjoy Collecting! ;)

On 4/18/2018 at 12:49 AM, ZorClone said:

I definitely want this... if I may ask, how far under MSRP did you find it?

$100 (AUD) on ebay. I was the only bidder. Seller still hasn't posted it as yet. Maybe they a little pissed that it didn't bid up at all. I hope they do follow through with it. 

58 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

image.png.8e8b41ec7e838f2e450841a30ac2fbf3.png

Now your appraiser is a VF-1C Super Cat with catnip missiles

WOW! A YF-30! hope that didn't cost you too much.. 

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

Today's arrival

As a whole I'm really liking it but it loses points for that visor.. should have been completely smooth.

Great photos Saburo!

3 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Sadly the figma announcement was just a placeholder card with an illustration. I pray a prototype will be shown at summer wonderfest. 

Oh well, at least its good to know that Figma is working on it. Can't wait to see what come up with.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

There it is! Looks awesome. ;) :good:  Did you got two, Saburo?

;)

1 hour ago, spanner said:

As a whole I'm really liking it but it loses points for that visor.. should have been completely smooth.

Great photos Saburo!

Thanks spanner!  I initially didn't like the "Mjölnir armor visor" but its growing on me.

Edited by Saburo

46 minutes ago, spanner said:

WOW! A YF-30! hope that didn't cost you too much.. 

¥35000, for an opened one. Mainly I picked it up because I'd been waiting to pull the trigger and it could share shipping with the YF-19 fold booster. Needed a second.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

20 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

¥35000, for an opened one. Mainly I picked it up because I'd been waiting to pull the trigger and it could share shipping with the YF-19 fold booster. Needed a second.

Were you still looking for a Maruyama 171? There's an open one on Mandarake for 28k.

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thank you.

But *sigh* I can feel my joints aching already.

Happy birthday shizuka! 

Please don't feel sad abt your joints at your age!! Go out and move em, they will recover ever so quickly!
Cos at age pushing 40 plus i miss my young joints!!! Especially during squats!

1 hour ago, Gundam@EFSF said:

003.jpg

Like this pose!!

15 hours ago, Saburo said:

Today's arrival

30711952_2057038387886110_9131015070166286336_o.jpg.be3c407bcd265039fe96713ccd6da47c.jpg

Woohoo you got it too saburo! Gonna be a standout display amongst all your valks!

37 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

7B9DE095-8CDB-4D5D-9BA2-5BEF0A16F3D8.thumb.jpeg.6cb2e1e92af04161a557d2425d0879d2.jpeg

If only YF-21 would look something like that in its next transforming toy incarnation, I'll be all over it. ^_^

C'mon Arcadia and Bandai! Show us what you've learned all these years in making Macross Valks. :rolleyes:

Still brain fried after finishing off a commercial project (worth 30% of my course) yesterday with no sleep from Thursday 2am till 10:30pm. Going to start the exam tomorrow as open book. Initially to be done in class for 2 1/2 hours which consists of both multiple guess and written essay, however the instructor changed his mind two weeks ago as he had multiple meetings and most of the students where cramming to finish off the final project.

Second attempt on the course itself as I don't have any exposure to Real Estate at all and from what I understand, most of people had to take the Commercial Property course the second time around as it is the hardest subject to pass. I'm hoping to pass this one this time round.

My hauls over two days.. The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru came in yesterday from Jungle [Last copy, Grade B with slight discolouration on the valk (not yellowed if your wondering, as the listing has said it was sunburned) and missing the gun strap after taking a second look in the box. Doesn't matter to me as I have the Super/Strike parts already]. The 3 TPBs are from my LCS two hours ago.

Note: Is Bandai/Arcadia going to tackle the YF-21 sometime soon? I would probably pick up a copy. 

DSC00764.jpg

Edited by borgified
missing gunstrap

3 hours ago, borgified said:

Note: Is Bandai/Arcadia going to tackle the YF-21 sometime soon? I would probably pick up a copy. 

No actual info nor news about that. I'm sure most of us here will buy a refined YF-21. Whether it's going to be made by Bandai or Arcadia. Evolution Toys? I think not. ^_^  

1 hour ago, Gundam@EFSF said:
+10 pics!!! 機甲創世紀【Lonely Soldier Boy~】Stick's Mospeada

Do you remember,That old lullaby?

除咗嗰一塊前腳甲 成日甩 膊頭變形difficult之外 性價比ok 一隻好精緻的80s design 用現代技術還原!

013.jpg

Love that pic. Some of my favorite childhood mechas. :wub: 

Great pics Gundam@EFSF! :good:;) 

And I definitely remember that old lullaby. Hit it, Andy-san!

Edited by no3Ljm

It's not exactly Macross, but I recently came across this:

Tb1HwSF.jpg

sGp3l6V.jpg

Definitely from Mospeada; looks like it would be "Rook's" (don't know her name aside from Robotech) Alpha. Missing the head, canopy/cockpit and one arm.; they appear snapped off at the joints. I picked this up on a lark (didn't find the other parts though), and I'm undecided on whether to try to restore it (no money for parts) or simply sell it (maybe someone here could use it?). One side of the cockpit hinge is clean busted off, so I'd have to find one with the same kind of joint were i to do so. Since I know they had larger and smaller ones (it says "Gaiken made in Singapore), this is most likely the larger one (metal landing gear and click joints).

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

If only YF-21 would look something like that in its next transforming toy incarnation, I'll be all over it. ^_^

C'mon Arcadia and Bandai! Show us what you've learned all these years in making Macross Valks. :rolleyes:

Once they are built and painted, I’ll display the 1/100 YF-19, YF-21, VF-11B, VF-11 MAXL, VF-11D, FZ-109F, custom VF-19A, Metal Siren, and VF-2JA with my HM and HMR collection.  I’ll wing it with these if none get official HMR releases.

11 hours ago, borgified said:

Still brain fried after finishing off a commercial project (worth 30% of my course) yesterday with no sleep from Thursday 2am till 10:30pm. Going to start the exam tomorrow as open book. Initially to be done in class for 2 1/2 hours which consists of both multiple guess and written essay, however the instructor changed his mind two weeks ago as he had multiple meetings and most of the students where cramming to finish off the final project.

Second attempt on the course itself as I don't have any exposure to Real Estate at all and from what I understand, most of people had to take the Commercial Property course the second time around as it is the hardest subject to pass. I'm hoping to pass this one this time round.

My hauls over two days.. The 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru came in yesterday from Jungle [Last copy, Grade B with slight discolouration on the valk (not yellowed if your wondering, as the listing has said it was sunburned) and missing the gun strap after taking a second look in the box. Doesn't matter to me as I have the Super/Strike parts already]. The 3 TPBs are from my LCS two hours ago.

DSC00764.jpg

Nice pickups all around!

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Picked this up at the post office; purchased from a mwf member :)

D235BEAC-12C7-4715-BC8A-8FCD2E37C0FC.jpeg

People here are selling their 31As already? Congrats on getting it!

Edited by Slave IV

7 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

It's not exactly Macross, but I recently came across this:

Tb1HwSF.jpg

sGp3l6V.jpg

Definitely from Mospeada; looks like it would be "Rook's" (don't know her name aside from Robotech) Alpha. Missing the head, canopy/cockpit and one arm.; they appear snapped off at the joints. I picked this up on a lark (didn't find the other parts though), and I'm undecided on whether to try to restore it (no money for parts) or simply sell it (maybe someone here could use it?). One side of the cockpit hinge is clean busted off, so I'd have to find one with the same kind of joint were i to do so. Since I know they had larger and smaller ones (it says "Gaiken made in Singapore), this is most likely the larger one (metal landing gear and click joints).

That would be the Legioss (Alpha Figher) that you have as shown above and the Tread (Beta Fighter) is the add on. Rook Bartley is voiced by Mika Doi (who also voiced Misa in SDF) and the original for her is Houquet et Rose. Link for more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_Climber_MOSPEADA

I couldn't connect with Calvary Southern Cross (Southern Calvary Cross) for some strange reason however Mospeada did. If someone remakes the Legioss and Tread, I would actually pick it up in a heartbeat (along with @Slave IV  in conjunction) as I have a soft spot for the Alpha and Beta fighters. Hopefully that someone can make a better version of the Legioss than Evolution Toys (look at their 1/60 VF-2ss as it was a complete mess) while Aoshima made the 1/48 model kit (also a mess according to Shin Densetsu on the TFW2005 boards). Toynami made multiple copies of the Legioss (Alpha) fighter in Battriod mode chibi-fied and also the Alpha and Beta Fighter in Masterpiece Style.

Note: How's Sentinel's version of the Cyclones so far? Both a hit and a miss I take it.. :unsure:  

1 hour ago, borgified said:

If someone remakes the Legioss and Tread, I would actually pick it up in a heartbeat (along with @Slave IV  in conjunction) as I have a soft spot for the Alpha and Beta fighters. Hopefully that someone can make a better version of the Legioss than Evolution Toys (look at their 1/60 VF-2ss as it was a complete mess)

Yep! Another set I've been waiting a lifetime for. If only someone could make a set worth the money. 

5 hours ago, borgified said:

That would be the Legioss (Alpha Figher) that you have as shown above and the Tread (Beta Fighter) is the add on. Rook Bartley is voiced by Mika Doi (who also voiced Misa in SDF) and the original for her is Houquet et Rose. Link for more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_Climber_MOSPEADA

I couldn't connect with Calvary Southern Cross (Southern Calvary Cross) for some strange reason however Mospeada did. If someone remakes the Legioss and Tread, I would actually pick it up in a heartbeat (along with @Slave IV  in conjunction) as I have a soft spot for the Alpha and Beta fighters. Hopefully that someone can make a better version of the Legioss than Evolution Toys (look at their 1/60 VF-2ss as it was a complete mess) while Aoshima made the 1/48 model kit (also a mess according to Shin Densetsu on the TFW2005 boards). Toynami made multiple copies of the Legioss (Alpha) fighter in Battriod mode chibi-fied and also the Alpha and Beta Fighter in Masterpiece Style.

Note: How's Sentinel's version of the Cyclones so far? Both a hit and a miss I take it.. :unsure:  

Thanks for the info, borgified! And yeah: Evolution toys really needs to fire their designers; as for the model kit, i had the "GoBots leader-1" version in the 80's and that was just a disaster.