Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

11 hours ago, tekering said:

cooooooool!.thumb.jpg.901f1b9f095725bf5b771e06e01a4655.jpg

Somehow, some way, this thing will be mine mine mine!  It blows the beagle out of the water and I was always disappointed I never picked one up at MSRP before prices skyrocketed.  Now, I don't feel so bad.  Fate has once again handed me another bite at the apple, and I plan on feasting on those sumptuous juices.

Well what a disappointment.  Canards falling off and everything.  I had such high hopes for these pieces because they look so damn good.  It's a shame they fall right in line with the tradition of crappy Robotech toys coming over stateside.  Failing miserably at their one basic task, and giving us instead poor substitutes for Macross.  Any theories on why this is always the case?  Same old same old I guess: Japan taking their careful time with mini masterpieces, the craftsmanship, design, artwork, characterization, the list goes on and on, and the Americans churning out the same old crap, Ford, GMC, Robotech and all.

bunch of stuff came in from good old sal small packets.

regular Custom build shipping box with 1 sheet of bubble wrap for Premium Finish ver from N-Y.<_<

new box and tons of packaging material for the 2 outlet items (damage item box) from cdjapan:lol:

wasn't even planning to get these 2 but those outlet prices were to good.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-263306

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-263316

IMG_2010a.jpg.b3e37bc3dd136a03d3de13aefaa3a206.jpg

54 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

Well what a disappointment.  Canards falling off and everything.  I had such high hopes for these pieces because they look so damn good.  It's a shame they fall right in line with the tradition of crappy Robotech toys coming over stateside.  Failing miserably at their one basic task, and giving us instead poor substitutes for Macross.  Any theories on why this is always the case?  Same old same old I guess: Japan taking their careful time with mini masterpieces, the craftsmanship, design, artwork, characterization, the list goes on and on, and the Americans churning out the same old crap, Ford, GMC, Robotech and all.

Actually these F-14s from Calibre Wings are from China.  The issues that Jenius mentions aren't that bad. Yes, the pylons come off rather easily but it's easily dealt with. Just a bit of Elmer's glue will help.  There are some fragile areas and fiddly pieces but this is generally typical for diecast aircraft models that are aiming for high accuracy and detail. As the review mentions - keep in mind that these are meant for display. Not for play.  As display pieces, these models are absolutely superb.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

bunch of stuff came in from good old sal small packets.

regular Custom build shipping box with 1 sheet of bubble wrap for Premium Finish ver from N-Y.<_<

new box and tons of packaging material for the 2 outlet items (damage item box) from cdjapan:lol:

wasn't even planning to get these 2 but those outlet prices were to good.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-263306

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-263316

IMG_2010a.jpg.b3e37bc3dd136a03d3de13aefaa3a206.jpg

If you don't mind, how much was that Kai from CDJ?

1 hour ago, Vifam7 said:

Actually these F-14s from Calibre Wings are from China.  The issues that Jenius mentions aren't that bad. Yes, the pylons come off rather easily but it's easily dealt with. Just a bit of Elmer's glue will help.  There are some fragile areas and fiddly pieces but this is generally typical for diecast aircraft models that are aiming for high accuracy and detail. As the review mentions - keep in mind that these are meant for display. Not for play.  As display pieces, these models are absolutely superb.

Perfect description. Even though I don't play with most my collection as much as I used to and hope to, I recognize certain items are designed for a certain purpose and more and more, that purpose is for display more than play. And that is due to to the manufacturers knowing that most collectors that have the income to pay the premiums that maximize their profits don't have the time or energy to play with their toys as much and are happy with just admiring them behind glass. 

Edited by Slave IV

16 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

If you don't mind, how much was that Kai from CDJ?

Do you mean the VF-31J Kai that cdj listed last time?  IIRC they canceled all the preorders because it was listed incorrectly. 

31 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Perfect description. Even though I don't play with most my collection as much as I used to and hope to, I recognize certain items are designed for a certain purpose and more and more, that purpose is for display more than play. And that is due to to the manufacturers knowing that most collectors that have the income to pay the premiums that maximize their profits don't have the time or energy to play with their toys as much and are happy with just admiring them behind glass. 

Hear hear. The calibre wings F-14s are meant for show, though I did whoosh them around a bit. I rarely even touch my valkyries, once they're on display on their Yeti stands. Simply don't have time to be playing with all of them. 

When I was younger, I had lots of time but no money. Now it's flipped. 

I picked up some smaller items during my HK/Japan trip:

BFbLZarh.jpg

Then when I came back there were these waiting for me. :) it’s been a nice few days of toy opening.

cOynh53h.jpg

Hopefully the Sentinel ride armor and MB Mazinger arrive tomorrow!

Edited by locidm

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Hear hear. The calibre wings F-14s are meant for show, though I did whoosh them around a bit. I rarely even touch my valkyries, once they're on display on their Yeti stands. Simply don't have time to be playing with all of them. 

I always say; money, time, and health; you can usually have only two out of three. When you get older and have lots of time and money, the health part goes away. Such is life which is why we treasure the time we have always because it’s always going to be a struggle one way or another. 

6 hours ago, F360 said:

Do you mean the VF-31J Kai that cdj listed last time?  IIRC they canceled all the preorders because it was listed incorrectly. 

Wow! It was late last night and for some reason I saw a black Valk box and thought Kai. Never mind and congrats on the PF Milia!

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Pretty much. I swooshed mine around for a few mins and put it back in the box until I can find a good place to display it.

4 hours ago, locidm said:

I always say; money, time, and health; you can usually have only two out of three. When you get older and have lots of time and money, the health part goes away. Such is life which is why we treasure the time we have always because it’s always going to be a struggle one way or another. 

Probably true but I don't like to have mental inhibitors. 

22 hours ago, tekering said:

cooooooool!.thumb.jpg.901f1b9f095725bf5b771e06e01a4655.jpg

:o So is finally released !, it looks very nice congrats!, btw if you got a chance, how is the weight of the figure?, does it have any diecast in it ?, any comparable figure that has similar weight ? for example a Metal Build , or DX Macross ?, or Arcadia VF ones like VF 1S Hikaru?, it would awesome to know, for me these factors are decisive to buy figures ,  if they are hefty is probably a buy from me :D

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

the Mospeada Stick looks sweet! But what's the deal with the helmet visor? 

Aramaki's modern redesign includes visible lines across the visor, perhaps suggesting an HUD of some kind.  Those of us who don't like the look on their figure have opted to remove the silver paint lining the inside of the visor, to make the sculpted lines less conspicuous... and those who actively hate the look can simply paint over the outside of the visor, concealing them completely.

Oh, and it's "Stig," not "Stick."  Tatsunoko was big into using European names back then, and it's a common name in Scandinavia.

Ignorance is no excuse, guys.  <_<

1 hour ago, Alex GS said:

how is the weight of the figure?, does it have any diecast in it ?

At 217 grams, Sentinel's Mospeada "Riobot" is only slightly heavier than a Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 Valkyrie.  Diecast is limited to structural supports, hinges, and the thruster housings that extend from the wheel hubs.

16 minutes ago, tekering said:

At 217 grams, Sentinel's Mospeada "Riobot" is only slightly heavier than a Yamato/Arcadia VF-1 Valkyrie.  Diecast is limited to structural supports, hinges, and the thruster housings that extend from the wheel hubs.

Thank so much for the reply , with the Yamato/Arcadia reference you just gave almost an exact idea of the heft of the figure ^_^, once again congrats for your purchase. ;)

35 minutes ago, tekering said:

Aramaki's modern redesign includes visible lines across the visor, perhaps suggesting an HUD of some kind.  Those of us who don't like the look on their figure have opted to remove the silver paint lining the inside of the visor, to make the sculpted lines less conspicuous... and those who actively hate the look can simply paint over the outside of the visor, concealing them completely.

Oh, and it's "Stig," not "Stick."  Tatsunoko was big into using European names back then, and it's a common name in Scandinavia.

Ignorance is no excuse, guys.  <_<

LOL fair enough. But since they put "Stick" on the box, that's what I'm going with, if only because it's amusing to me. After all, weren't you the one who told me spelling consistency has no place in Japan? :D

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

But since they put "Stick" on the box, that's what I'm going with, if only because it's amusing to me. After all, weren't you the one who told me spelling consistency has no place in Japan? :D

Yeah, I see your logic here.  "If they don't give a damn, why should I?"  :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Thank so much for the reply , with the Yamato/Arcadia reference you just gave almost an exact idea of the heft of the figure ^_^, once again congrats for your purchase. ;)

Good luck getting your own, sir!  No transformable motorcycle enthusiast should be without one.  :wub:

5ad8bfacd3319_80sbikes.thumb.jpg.2a479de8283a64706e23303b01fe90b2.jpg

33 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Uh I wish Sentinel would do a Riobot Priss with Moto-Slave. Heck, I would be in for all of the Knight Sabers. :)

YES!!!  If Sentinel would make all the Knight Sabers they'd have my money in an instant!  :wub:

7B89A5DC-83DA-4770-8E56-51CCD993898E.thumb.jpeg.c9674bf8a8706b43db6b6681e2222857.jpeg

Got a Marvel Legends 3.75” Executioner and non derpy eyed Enchantress for clearance.  If the 6” Thor and Valkyrie 2 pack is clearanced for really cheap then I might get that as well.

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Oh man I've love to have a new and improved Priss & Motoslave; yeah I'd buy all the Knight Sabers. I loved that show, as cheesy as it was.

I had the old Yamato version, but it was tiny and kinda disappointing.

I thought Bubblegum Crisis 2040 was pretty good, the original one was definitely cheesy though.

19 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I thought Bubblegum Crisis 2040 was pretty good, the original one was definitely cheesy though.

Never saw 2040. DId watch Crash. It was just as cheesy but somehow substantially worse than the original. It was their Macross II, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

There is a  bubblegum crisis in the year 2040? Dental issues? Is chewing gum not affected?

The conflicts of the future will be fought over bubblegum, not fossil fuels. Didn't see that one coming, did you?

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Never saw 2040. DId watch Crash. It was just as cheesy but somehow substantially worse than the original. It was their Macross II, I suppose.

You should give it a watch, 26eps long rather than 8 (+3 OVA) and actually completes a full story. Also it's about a decade newer.

5 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Well, it's not Sentinel, but Figma / Freeing are currently working on a new priss with motoslave. Hopefully we see a prototype next Wonderfest. 

@SuperHobo that is great news. Was it just an announcement or did they have some prototype pics?

I hope they'll be making the all of the Knight Sabers.

Today's arrival

31117767_2057021931221089_4196837124466540544_o.thumb.jpg.5d83729e2e782298c2a9b0abf4c486bd.jpg

30711952_2057038387886110_9131015070166286336_o.jpg.be3c407bcd265039fe96713ccd6da47c.jpg

30706500_2057032854553330_4944958317907673088_o.jpg.ff80238e043508afdaf4e5edba17c4aa.jpg