Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

8 hours ago, borgified said:

@Rogueload: Are you waiting to get Arcadia's version of the SV-51 since you have the Yamato Nora? I snagged a Nora from Manda sometime in the beginning of this year (don't know which month exactly) as l prefer this version than compared to Ivanoff's or the Mass production ones.  

I have Ivanov too but once Arcadia finally releases their 51 I’ll probably replace the yamato’s.  Especially the Ivanov since the wings on mine are a little floppy.

15 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

I have Ivanov too but once Arcadia finally releases their 51 I’ll probably replace the yamato’s.  Especially the Ivanov since the wings on mine are a little floppy.

I had all three of the Yamato examples but recently let them go. That's the plan for me also, just waiting on the pre-order date to come. But its definitely got to be a significant improvement and hopefully legs don't fall off like what other Arcadia renewals suffered..

Edited by spanner

56 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

When are they going to make figures using those costumes??? They're so much more interesting than what we got in the series.

I'd love to see these in Uta Macross as well. Sure we'll get them in time, but I'd like sooner rather then later.

Wasn't going to bother with any of these but I found a Calibre Wings Robotech F-14S pretty cheap locally on ebay.. Was the only bidder. The seller only had the S variant for sale which worked out well as I think its the better looking version. Had a look at the other versions including the M&M's but they are all pricey little buggers eh!

p1014845_whitebg.jpg

I wish Bandai would make the HG kits for the original Pacific Rim robots. Those had much more personality. But they'll probably finish the DX Chogokins before they release kits. I guess I'll have to wait...

13 hours ago, spanner said:

Wasn't going to bother with any of these but I found a Calibre Wings Robotech F-14S pretty cheap locally on ebay.. Was the only bidder. The seller only had the S variant for sale which worked out well as I think its the better looking version. Had a look at the other versions including the M&M's but they are all pricey little buggers eh!

p1014845_whitebg.jpg

I definitely want this... if I may ask, how far under MSRP did you find it?

14 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Got a box Sat, and another 2 today.

Good haul.20180416_184634.thumb.jpg.c774fc1c21bfebc72ffde23b0516a267.jpg

Great hauls. Great snack options too. At first I thought the green packet is a 'wasabi' flavored something. Only to read the label afterwards that says Caramel Corn(?). It's kind of weird to color a package green with caramel flavored snack. Hehehe. ^_^ 

By the way, what's 'THAT' grey colored box on the top left? I'm not familiar with that apparently. :nea:

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Great hauls. Great snack options too. At first I thought the green packet is a 'wasabi' flavored something. Only to read the label afterwards that says Caramel Corn(?). It's kind of weird to color a package green with caramel flavored snack. Hehehe. ^_^ 

By the way, what's 'THAT' grey colored box on the top left? I'm not familiar with that apparently. :nea:

The green bag is actually green tea+caramel flavored corn puffs. They're pretty good, green tea is more of an accent and aftertaste.

As to the 31a, I've still got 2 on order, but shelled out for this open box one since can't be sure if they'll ever show. Definitely been opened and at least partially transformed, plus it's got a topcoat defect in the usual spot.

A few new arrivals came in the mail today...

image.png.4b8f14e223e185448bd435e37a9b7def.png

HMR VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Hikaru), Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1, and the Tamashii stand.

(kind of wishing I got the clear stand instead, but oh well)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

A few new arrivals came in the mail today...

image.png.4b8f14e223e185448bd435e37a9b7def.png

HMR VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Hikaru), Matchbox 1/3000 SDF-1, and the Tamashii stand.

(kind of wishing I got the clear stand instead, but oh well)

Nice find on the GBP 1J!  Did you get it at a reasonable price?  These are quite hard to find nowadays.

8 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Or you could repaint the other one black and give her an afro :p

Just kidding hehe

I was thinking of repainting her costume to give her an alternate look but I’ll probably still return my extra one.

58 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Nice find on the GBP 1J!  Did you get it at a reasonable price?  These are quite hard to find nowadays.

I am not sure if you would call 17,000 yen before shipping a reasonable price or not... but Mandarake's price seemed cheaper than what I was finding on eBay.

bunch of Valks came in today. :yahoo:

was mainly looking for the VF-31a, ended up with some more valks,  more items incoming too.  

When I'm actively hunting for something, I buy many other things on the way.:lol:

IMG_2004a.jpg.2620bcd86197d69946b57fb31834eaa1.jpgIMG_2005a.jpg.26d042269b054930ee7560c725ffffa7.jpg

4 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I am not sure if you would call 17,000 yen before shipping a reasonable price or not... but Mandarake's price seemed cheaper than what I was finding on eBay.

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

It’s really starting to hack me off that I didn’t snag one of those upon original release....I have  the original Yamato 1:60, but now i kinda want the HMR one as well..

I got the HMR VF-1J Armoured at 18k yen from Sahra couple of months ago, as I passed on when it was first released then made my mind to get a copy before it becomes vapourware. Umeda had it for 6k to 8k yen (box re-sealed/open used/box damaged) back then and the last price was 20k yen at various locations.

I'm the opposite of you @derex3592. I had the Yammie V.1 years ago, sold it and trying to get the Yammie V.2/Arcadia VF-1J Armoured now (preferably the Arcadia version this time). Maybe I'll just end up getting the PE version (if it does get released). :unsure:

I know that the Yammie V.2 VF-1J Armoured had problems with the exploding shoulders. Isn't that the same problem that you had with one of your Yammie V.2 valks @Shizuka the Cat (hopefully that it wasn't the VF-1J Armoured) and you used the Shapeways replacement correct?

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

I got the HMR VF-1J Armoured at 18k yen from Sahra couple of months ago, as I passed on when it was first released then made my mind to get a copy before it becomes vapourware. Umeda had it for 6k to 8k yen (box re-sealed/open used/box damaged) back then and the last price was 20k yen at various locations.

I'm the opposite of you @derex3592. I had the Yammie V.1 years ago, sold it and trying to get the Yammie V.2/Arcadia VF-1J Armoured now (preferably the Arcadia version this time). Maybe I'll just end up getting the PE version (if it does get released). :unsure:

I know that the Yammie V.2 VF-1J Armoured had problems with the exploding shoulders. Isn't that the same problem that you had with one of your Yammie V.2 valks @Shizuka the Cat (hopefully that it wasn't the VF-1J Armoured) and you used the Shapeways replacement correct?

Yeah, the used Yamato v2 VF-1J I bought on eBay was cheaper because it had the broken shoulder. Fortunately, the process of replacing the shoulder with the Shapeways piece was pretty easy, and cheaper than buying a non-broken one.

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

Awesome shotes @tekering. Does it come with 2 face shields?

Hey Saburo. I don't have mine yet. But I've found a pic of the contents via Twitter. I think the helmet head comes with a face underneath like the Beagle version.

4FB1D208-70FD-49E3-B939-1876E8206CDE.jpeg

42 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Saburo. I don't have mine yet. But I've found a pic of the contents via Twitter. I think the helmet head comes with a face underneath like the Beagle version.

Thanks @no3Ljm!  Looking at the pic you posted, the helmet has that metallic reflect coating, looking at the shot below its clear. 

The truth will be revealed on Friday (hopefully) for me.

7 hours ago, tekering said:

5ad7581933970_nosweat.thumb.jpg.50424482b28f5b9819cc64b2f80c02ce.jpg

39 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thanks @no3Ljm!  Looking at the pic you posted, the helmet has that metallic reflect coating, looking at the shot below its clear. 

The truth will be revealed on Friday (hopefully) for me.

tekering indicated in the Mospeada thread that he removed the silver paint on the underside of the face shield. It will probably be the first thing I do once I receive mine.

9 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

tekering indicated in the Mospeada thread that he removed the silver paint on the underside of the face shield. It will probably be the first thing I do once I receive mine.

Thanks @Boobytrap. I might do the same as well. I forgot there was a Mospeada thread. Haha