Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

9 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

An angry purchase!  That's a new one.  I like it.

They're not the only one. Only reason you haven't seen mine is because I won't be getting them in for another month or three. :lol:

Congrats on the 0 Gundam. I'm not sure I like the styling on this one - seems too angular, too much RX-78 Ver Ka - but more 0 Gundam is always appreciated. I'm always surprised how much I like it out of all of Gundam 00.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

due to the current vf-31a situation, I've been more active on hunting for stuff.<_<

ended up buying this: below 

Gundam is angry at you...... N-Y, Nin-Nin, MyKombini ,etc. :p

This hid in my basement for years having forgot I owned it and pulled it back out not too long ago. Honestly it's one of my favorites of the "chogkin" type Gundams and really fits in well with the more modern Metal Build stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

This hid in my basement for years having forgot I owned it and pulled it back out not too long ago. Honestly it's one of my favorites of the "chogkin" type Gundams and really fits in well with the more modern Metal Build stuff. 

too bad it did not come with much accessories.  I'm still surprised that Bandai did not list this in their Metal Composite catalog.

http://tamashii.jp/item_brand/gugundam_fix_figuration_metal/

30 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

Then you'll hate me...

Haul - 1.jpg

I should, but I put that whole mess behind me pretty soon after the refund came. Woosah. :D

Congrats on the haul, though. Now just gotta wait half a year, sell that 31A for $2k, ???, profit!!!

Edited by kajnrig

2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I should, but I put that whole mess behind me pretty soon after the refund came. Woosah. :D

Congrats on the haul, though. Now just gotta wait half a year, sell that 31A for $2k, ???, profit!!!

I'll be honest.  I'm a collector to the end.  I'll never sell it.  If it comes down to it, they can bury me with it. 

20 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Nice set up!!! Congrats on the new M&'s.

Thanks.

I have to admit, the recent Toynami 1/100 VF-1 toys (Wave 6 and later) pictured in the back are turning out to be a lot better than I had expected. I had heard the horror stories about how the earlier releases had misaligned leg-to-arm peg slots, that kept the toy from holding together cohesively in fighter mode.  So I was really happy to discover that my Wave 6 VF-1D and Wave 7 VF-1J's resolved the issue, and actually tighten up pretty well, particularly with the super parts. While admittedly not as sturdy as their HMR counterparts, I found these Toynami toys held up pretty well, given their lower cost.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Nice! Tempted to panel line it? :rolleyes:

Am aware of existing panel lines yes, but they look a bit light..

wonder why they didn't continue to paint the red stripe behind the cockpit of the J version tho.

Edited by seti88

A few recent "stuff & thangs." Already been playing with Gipsy (love that thing so much)
MAFEX Bane (this fig looks awesome, needs a 1/12 scale Tumblr to stand on :p)
Weta Workshop Mini Epics Gimli, Gollum, & Frodo... wanted to give these little figures a shot (since they were on sale) after seeing how good the Gandalf pre-order looks.  They really hold up the detail up close.  I'm impressed.
Black Series Sabine Wren (really hope they complete the team in 6")

And in the non-toy category.. Apple AirPods! :D  I am so impressed with these things... they have as much punch as my normal wireless cans (Sennheiser Urbanite XL) but obviously so much smaller and portable and even have better range.

fullsizeoutput_420.jpegP+ruJv7kT7yddJy+GMlNjg.jpg

Edited by ZorClone

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The DX Gipsy Danger is just so satisfyingly heavy and solid. Shame the arms are a bit limited in their motion though.

It really is, beyond the arm and chest/waist articulation the arm cannons are so damn fiddly they just fall off (same complaint I've seen posted previously).

-b.

Just now, Kanedas Bike said:

the arm cannons are so damn fiddly they just fall off (same complaint I've seen posted previously).

This can't be highlighted enough. I cancelled mine since I already have the monster 18" NECA jaegers, but I did fiddle with my buddy Rex's last weekend and damn, those plasma cannons were not well thought out, you look at them wrong and they fall off, very annoying for such an expensive piece.

33 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Agreed on the arm issues.  If the elbow joint had a locking mechanism, it would improve it by 100%.  Idk how to fix those plasma caster arms though.  Maybe wrap a clear rubber band around them?  lol

Apart from the one that needs to come off to access the battery compartment, I'd just glue the other two on. Then shave the remaining one a bit so it fits better. Haven't done it to mine (yet) though.

This arrive today , no clue that  this old Yamato version of the YF 21 was so tall really got me by surprise, even that this version is the first one from Yamato I think is a very nice looking YF 21, great heft and detail! and finally my First Bandai Metal Robot, just took it a few moments ago out of the box and is so beautiful, the box itself is so damn beautiful :D  , I was expecting to get excited by this figures  and wasn't disappoint one bit ;)

IMG_3884.thumb.JPG.632b0919a15ec97053877e90c9b0b319.JPG

13 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice! Tempted to panel line it? :rolleyes:

Am aware of existing panel lines yes, but they look a bit light..

wonder why they didn't continue to paint the red stripe behind the cockpit of the J version tho.

I might if I can get away with not having to put on a gloss coat first. There's no prior panel wash; the difference in shading is just shadow and there being less paint in the panel grooves. 

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Lovely new arrivals!

5ace16f71ebb5_calibrewingsf-1401.jpg.1d67fd5ecf6b07c9b64a1f83982197e6.jpg

My J-type just arrived, and I'm more than a little disappointed in the change in packaging from Calibre's usual.  Packing the plane with the gear mounted was a lousy idea.. mine got jostled just enough to basically break apart the entire nose gear assembly.  That in itself isn't really an issue, it's easy to re-glue.. but the parts floated around the rest of the package, bent up the nose probes, detached the nose pitot, and left a nice scratch on top of one wing. <_<

All in all, nothing is broken, and I can fix the probes easy enough, but that was just not a good idea to package them that way.

I do like the clean spine much better though.  The disconnected stripe behind the canopy on Roy's just looks out of place, and wasn't on the original advertisement.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I might if I can get away with not having to put on a gloss coat first. There's no prior panel wash; the difference in shading is just shadow and there being less paint in the panel grooves. 

Oh, i recall cal wings mentioned it was panel lined. Or perhaps that was the wonderfest models only.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:15 PM, Sildani said:

Hobby Master’s Su-35 model landed a couple days ago. Paint is awesome and it’s very well detailed. Parked next to my Valkyries and it’s easy to see where Kawamori got his inspiration for these later versions from!

7A0E8E7C-1E5B-44B8-9A41-477F28DCE96F.jpeg

F3D95EA0-E33B-466A-9B30-10F2B0E575C8.jpeg

absolutely loving that Sukhoi!  :wub::good:

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

DYRL VF-1A Max with Super/Strike parts ca me in to round out my Max + Miria shelf.

20180412_002537.jpg.38973069f5495f5daca698aa4488716c.jpg

Awesome M&M shrine!!! Are you going to get the 1/48 M&M's, or both Yamato Queadluun Rau's?

Who needs a VF-31A when you have the Klaaaaaand I'm reminded again how unfortunate her name is. :D

Got this off of Jungle. (Everything else is coming in through FJ in a few months' time.) I rolled my eyes at the shipping fee at first, thinking they must have just half-assed it and threw this tiny figure into a giant shipping box, but nope, turns out the figure itself is actually pretty sizable. Its own box measures 24cm L x 18cm W x 26cm H (10" x 7" x 10"), and the figure inside looks to be around 20cm/8" tall.

I can't even begin to imagine how big the Armored Klan figure must be...

kuran1.jpg

kuran2.jpg

11 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Who needs a VF-31A when you have the Klaaaaaand I'm reminded again how unfortunate her name is. :D

Got this off of Jungle. (Everything else is coming in through FJ in a few months' time.) I rolled my eyes at the shipping fee at first, thinking they must have just half-assed it and threw this tiny figure into a giant shipping box, but nope, turns out the figure itself is actually pretty sizable. Its own box measures 24cm L x 18cm W x 26cm H (10" x 7" x 10"), and the figure inside looks to be around 20cm/8" tall.

I can't even begin to imagine how big the Armored Klan figure must be...

kuran1.jpg

kuran2.jpg

Very nice!

I do have to warn you about the display stands for this figure and the Nyan Nyan outfit Ranka. Megahouse used a really crappy weak plastic for the connection points that the feet mount onto. Over time they weaken and break just from the stress of holding the figure up, which you'll note is the only job it has. I know because I have both of those figures and they both broke from just sitting on display.

I ended up just gluing Klan's foot to the stand.

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Awesome M&M shrine!!! Are you going to get the 1/48 M&M's, or both Yamato Queadluun Rau's?

For now, I think my M&M shrine is largely done. With me collecting the Arcadia + Yamato v2 1/60, the HMR, and Toynami 1/100 lines., I don't feel the need (or have the finances or the room) to get the 1/48 scale toys too.

Plus. having watched A LOT of @jenius' review videos, it is my understanding that the 1/60 is a better quality toy, having learned from the successes and failures of past releases, including the older 1/48.

As for the Queadluun Rau's, I view them as being nice to have, but if I had to spend money on a Macross toy, I'd learn towards getting a valkyrie over getting a battle suit. But that is my current inclination at the moment. If I saw a really really low price for the Queadluun Raus, then I'd probably go for it though. 

As it stands now though, I don't plan on buying anything for a while. I have very little display cabinet space left, and I have already spent way more than I should have on toys. I have a few pre-orders in the system, as well as stuff currently shipping, so that should tide me over for now. Admittedly, I still want to someday get a Yamato v2 VT-1 Super Ostrich, a VF-1D Trainer, a VF-1A CF, VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki, a VF-1A DYRL Hikaru, and maybe the Arcadia 1/3000 SDF-1, but that will have to be done slowly... very slowly... or as soon as I get my first paycheck once I graduate and land a job. =P

Edited by Shizuka the Cat