Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

As someone's who had to seriously fight my own purchasing decisions in the past, I really have to caution you, @Shizuka the Cat, about spending beyond your means. Everyone here WILL encourage your purchasing decisions because a big part of this place is showing off your haul, but if you're as strapped for cash as you say you are, and considering your admission of exorbitant spending in the past, I cannot stress how much I recommend that you stop for now and let yourself recover.

Impressing us here with the $1000s in VFs you've bought will certainly get you oohs and aahs, but... we aren't your friends, and we won't have your best interests at heart. Don't take @Slave IV and @no3Ljm's words to heart, because this is all fun and games until you actually start starving yourself to feed your addiction (your word, not mine).

But I mean, if things are actually totes okay, then frakk me I guess. ;)

I think I will okay. I just really need to budget myself accordingly from now on, and stop doing all this impulse buying I have been doing the past few days.

Generic brand peanut butter and jelly should also be added to the grocery list, along with the already-suggested instant ramen.

1 hour ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

Those Regults are sparce. I would love the 2 pack but it's way out of my budget. The Glaugs on the other hand... ;)

Yeah, I looked at the cost of the normal release, and decided to jump on a sealed ¥14,000 missile set at Mandarake instead.

I'll just set those up as normal ones, and keep my existing missile set with the missiles.

Yeah don't put yourself into debt over something as frivolous as toys. If you can afford it, great! But if not, don't buy it.

Makes me think of this buddy of mine. He's freaking awful with money. The last time he was actually out of debt was early 2012... after which he went and bought a brand new car, despite my assertion of "But you don't have any money."

Six years later, he still hasn't paid that car off, he's deep in credit card debt (he has like nine cards that he juggles his debt around in), and he even owes me money from a few years back (I highly doubt I'll see that money again). And he still recently borrowed like 3 grand from his grandfather to buy a new computer and chair.

He's an idiot, is what I'm saying. Don't be like him. :o

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I think I will okay. I just really need to budget myself accordingly from now on, and stop doing all this impulse buying I have been doing the past few days.

Generic brand peanut butter and jelly should also be added to the grocery list, along with the already-suggested instant ramen.

:D

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

As someone's who had to seriously fight my own purchasing decisions in the past, I really have to caution you, @Shizuka the Cat, about spending beyond your means. Everyone here WILL encourage your purchasing decisions because a big part of this place is showing off your haul, but if you're as strapped for cash as you say you are, and considering your admission of exorbitant spending in the past, I cannot stress how much I recommend that you stop for now and let yourself recover.

Impressing us here with the $1000s in VFs you've bought will certainly get you oohs and aahs, but... we aren't your friends, and we won't have your best interests at heart. Don't take @Slave IV and @no3Ljm's words to heart, because this is all fun and games until you actually start starving yourself to feed your addiction (your word, not mine).

But I mean, if things are actually totes okay, then frakk me I guess. ;)

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Great advice. We're all having fun here and we're mostly adults that need to be responsible for ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Yup, it's all good fun here. And always treat everyone's comment with a grain of salt. Don't always believe it completely. ;) 

And like I said, I've been down this road before. Panic buying. Impulse buying. All kinds of buying. Until I learned how to plan what to buy and the necessity of buying. I know I spend a lot. But the good thing is that, you can still sell it once you find yourself that what you have is too much. Learn also when to stop. And ofcourse, as everyone would probably agree, don't spend too much and that you don't spend the budget for your education. You can still re-buy most of it when you get a job. ^_^

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

^ Oh, and he got an iPhone X as soon as it came out. My response was exactly the same as six years ago: "But you don't have any money." :lol:

Er, anyway, sorry to derail things like that.

No. This is good. It helps me realize that I still and always need to be smart esp on things that I buy. ;) 

8 minutes ago, seti88 said:

^ 100% totally agree. ;) 

12 hours ago, spanner said:

looks really good! I had actually considered getting one of these myself. What are your impressions of this model? The two door is certainly one of my favorite Subaru rally cars.

I don't have any rally cars in my collection anymore.. must find something!

Hello Spanner! I’m kind of surpised that you don’t have any rally cars in your collection, considering you’re more of an Autoart enthusiast than I am. :lol:

I recall seeing a 22b in your collection in a pic you posted way back. The 1997 Monte Carlo Impreza uses the same body and chassis (the 22b road car is based off it after all), but everything else is different. The wheels, engine, seats, dash and most of the interior are all new molds. 

There are several versions of this rally car, but obviously, the Colin Mcrae/Nicky Grist version is the more iconic and the one to get, IHMO. There’s even an off-road version with different wheels, higher supension and a snorkel. But I like the standard road version best.

Any true Subie fan should have one of these and/or the 22b. This is probably the closest most of us can get to owning the definitive WRX in our lifetimes. 

As part of my "Manage your budget Shizuka" plan, I will stay home tonight instead of going out to a restaurant for dinner with a bunch of friends. I will stay home, have some rice, work on my research idea paper... and have Chrome constantly refreshing my eBay watch list.

Errr... maybe going out for dinner is not such a bad idea after all?  =)

BTW, noticed that there is an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Miria) selling on eBay for $197, with free shipping, from AmiAmi.  *sigh* That's $25 cheaper than what I paid ordered directly from AmiAmi's website for the same toy (when accounting for the $40 DHL shipping).

Note to self: Avoid the stock market. My timing sucks.  =P

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

17 hours ago, seti88 said:

This is too real. Between my new want of valks and Games Workshops recent releases/teases my wallet is going to running a gantlet til October at least. It's just about to get into the second bout of a double header. My first DX from the east and tomorrow dual Forgebanes.

5 hours ago, anubis20 said:

New Haul 03/23/2018

Nice, that PX Exclusive Deathstroke is a wicked looking figure.  It's the type of thing that almost makes me wish I were a DC fan and I probably should have bought it anyway.

Edited by Mommar

Just out of curiosity, what are people's thoughts on the Toynami 1/100 scale 2010 SDCC Exclusive Macross Vinyl Zentradi Tactical Battlepod?

Is it worth getting at $45? 

I saw @jenius's Youtube video review of this item. Just wanted to get some more opinions.

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just out of curiosity, what are people's thoughts on the Toynami 1/100 scale 2010 SDCC Exclusive Macross Vinyl Zentradi Tactical Battlepod?

Is it worth getting at $45? 

I saw @jenius's Youtube video review of this item. Just wanted to get some more opinions.

2537F317-CE24-45D8-8F53-C38AFC0FFCBE.thumb.jpeg.c85fac3c351d74e002a8dea95c627783.jpeg

They still go well with HMR DYRL VF-1’s and they’re the only company so far to have released DYRL Regults but I wouldn’t pay more than $15-20 for them.

45 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I have learnt, the only way to battle the borg bandai is a combination of an armored wallet and trans-phasic torpedo's.....

:D:D

I love Lanun Ranggi’s comics because they’re so true at times.

Edited by sh9000

4 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

The Big O!

Buzzsaw - 1 (2).jpg

Can you do a comparison pic with the HMR version when it gets released (if possible)? Despite that the Yamato/Arcadia valks in the 1/60 looks more suitable, I do miss the Chunky Monkey versions. :(    

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Can you do a comparison pic with the HMR version when it gets released (if possible)? Despite that the Yamato/Arcadia valks in the 1/60 looks more suitable, I do miss the Chunky Monkey versions. :(    

The best comparison pics I've seen are AFA vintage transformers and their modern day counterparts - usually Fans Toys.  I can still do a comparison pic.  But the Super O will still be in her box.  She'll never leave that old coffin of hers.  It's great.  I love it in there.  Like a museum piece and I want to keep it that way.  That's why I can't take it out and do a direct comparison tete-a-tete, figure to figure.  This piece is for posterity and shouldn't be disturbed.

6 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

The best comparison pics I've seen are AFA vintage transformers and their modern day counterparts - usually Fans Toys.  I can still do a comparison pic.  But the Super O will still be in her box.  She'll never leave that old coffin of hers.  It's great.  I love it in there.  Like a museum piece and I want to keep it that way.  That's why I can't take it out and do a direct comparison tete-a-tete, figure to figure.  This piece is for posterity and shouldn't be disturbed.

Wait... you are just going to leave her in the box? Unopened?