Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Speaking of Trek ships that are actually done properly.... finished filling in the windows on my Diamond Select Toys E today, I'm gonna get some cheap spray paint and paint the base like a communicator from Nemesis, then I'll call it good to put on my desk. Should I mask off all the clear bits and give it a flat coat???? It's already pretty flat honestly.. not sure if it's worth it.. Opinions welcome.. 

20180211_220208.jpg

On 2/9/2018 at 3:05 PM, anubis20 said:

I wanted some Evangelion 3.0 figures and it was either these or the RAH ones. Had to go with the cheaper option :lol:New Haul 02/09/2018

Nice! I recently got Eva-04 and was pleasantly surprised with it. I have some of the original Revoltech Eva toys and the new one is much better. I am looking to get EVA 13 next.

Any thoughts?

52 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Nice! I recently got Eva-04 and was pleasantly surprised with it. I have some of the original Revoltech Eva toys and the new one is much better. I am looking to get EVA 13 next.

Any thoughts?

These are definitely better than the old Revoltechs. Paint apps are much better. EVA-13 is pretty good but the hands use a different system than Unit 4.Just be careful when swinging the hips outward, its different than on Unit 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received my Re:Edit Howard Armor which is rumored to be the end of this line and im ok with that ^_^ Also got my Ocular Max Frenzy and Rumble 

New Haul 02/12/2018 New Haul 02/12/2018

53 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

These are definitely better than the old Revoltechs. Paint apps are much better. EVA-13 is pretty good but the hands use a different system than Unit 4.Just be careful when swinging the hips outward, its different than on Unit 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received my Re:Edit Howard Armor which is rumored to be the end of this line and im ok with that ^_^ Also got my Ocular Max Frenzy and Rumble 

New Haul 02/12/2018

Let us know what you think of that House of M Armor.

17 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Speaking of Trek ships that are actually done properly.... finished filling in the windows on my Diamond Select Toys E today, I'm gonna get some cheap spray paint and paint the base like a communicator from Nemesis, then I'll call it good to put on my desk. Should I mask off all the clear bits and give it a flat coat???? It's already pretty flat honestly.. not sure if it's worth it.. Opinions welcome.. 

20180211_220208.jpg

So, as a thought.. and this might be one heckuva project to undertake.. you could partially flat coat it.  I wouldn't suggest touching all the individual panels by a longshot because that would be literal insanity, but blocking off some of the larger sections and making them more or less shiny than others is a long-time practice of Trek CG artists.  Just the nature of having some panels painted on bare plastic already will do this, but you could mask off a few of the larger blocks of color to add to the contrast.

enterprise1.jpg.b10ec9ac76f84c310811c15ec19f0ef8.jpg

The Diamond Select Enterprise Refit mold actually achieves this in the molding itself, instead of painting it, by molding the Aztec pattern in two levels of smoothness.  You barely notice the difference, until you tilt the ship into the light, and the different levels of reflectivity make the pattern stand out.  It's not quite as impressive as seeing the pattern painted in subtle shades, but I bet it's massively less time and labor intensive.

Anyhow, just a thought.  Now you've got me thinking of how to touch up mine too. :lol: For what it is, it's probably not worth the effort on the DS one, but I'd love to give that treatment to an actual model kit.

Since that these last few postings are about Star Trek stuff, I've been thinking about getting the Diamond Select Klingon Bird of Prey thanks to you guys. Regardless I'm also into the Star Trek and Star Wars lore (more into the latter). :D

Just a thought: Has Eaglemoss dug themselves "Deeper in the Grave" (so to speak) in the in regards to their products in QC issues? I know that its a hit and a miss in the stuff that they issue out, it seems that most of their customer base clientele has received their products with glaring issues. Not to derail the thread even more, I've been collecting 3rd party Transformer items and various companies have issued corrected parts/items in regards to their previous products after hearing reviews.

* Note: I'm not just picking on Eaglemoss or Takara/Tomy (in regards to Masterpiece TFs) as an example, it's just when you have any company that's producing items and you get a flawed one, you're going to get more backlash if something goes wrong (or as they all say: YMMV [Your mileage may vary]). If this write up in not appropriate to this tread, please notify me and I'll remove this post.

So I went to my local HobbyTown USA today for some paint and happened upon this... anybody know anything about Hot Wheels Elite making Star Wars ships??? Kind of surprised me. I like their 1:18 cars, they aren't Autoart quality, but very good for not as much money.  It didn't look half bad, but I thought it was a little high at like $65. Thoughts??? (Sorry, don't know where else to post this, so I picked here) 

20180212_115303.jpg

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

We'll see, got a VF-4G and a YF-29 (Alto, for ¥14,450!) on order in case it's not.

I stumbled on a YF-29 earlier too. And after I placed an order it went to Discontinue. I wonder if it’s just a glitch. 

Edit: Got my email order confirmation 15mins ago. 

I posted this link in the Items of Interest at HLJ thread.

https://hlj.com/search/go?w=1%2F60 dx macross

https://hlj.com/search/go?w=dx macross

Edited by no3Ljm

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I stumbled on a YF-29 earlier too. And after I placed an order it went to Discontinue. I wonder if it’s just a glitch. 

Edit: Got my email order confirmation 15mins ago. 

Oh, I got order confirmations for both (and the Alto YF-29 is still listed as available), but I'll hold my breath until it's in my private warehouse.

Edit: if this is real, I'm wondering if some scalper or store went belly up and their stock got auctioned off, between this and the Yamato V1 VF-1s that showed up on Hobby Search a while ago.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Oh, I got order confirmations for both (and the Alto YF-29 is still listed as available), but I'll hold my breath until it's in my private warehouse.

I checked again and Alto is now discontinued. 

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

Just checked, and placed an order for a premium finish Roy VF-1, let's see if that happens.  If so, I think the only other one I'd get is a Hikaru 1J. :) 

Yeah. I’m tempted on getting another Armored VF-1J. ;)

I admit, getting another Roy is a little excessive for me, so I'll probably let go of my early Arcadia Roy with the stand.  I'd rather have it match all my other DYRL valks, but I can also replace the pilot and packs, and pass this one off as a TV version to display along with the premium M&Ms, so it kind of works out. 

Assuming there aren't a ton of tampo markings on the head, I can even swap in the head from my original Yamato TV Roy to get the correct arrow color. :) 

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Damn, all that is really tempting...the VF-4G, YF-19, VF-0S, Premium 1S...Damn, I want to buy them all. But the Armored 1J for that price...I'd feel like an idiot not picking another one up and I don't feel like feeling like an idiot.:ph34r:

¥62,870 later I feel your pain. I'm just glad I already had an Arcadia YF-19.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

¥62,870 later I feel your pain. I'm just glad I already had an Arcadia YF-19.

:lol:LOL, yeah...I almost wish I didn't see these posts. I'm sitting here with my finger on the trigger for the Premium Roy 1S but I passed the first time so...

I have all the others including the armored 1J but I just couldn't let that opportunity pass. If I didn't have the YF-19 or VF-4G (or needless to say, M&M), those would be so instabuy it wouldn't be funny.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I admit, getting another Roy is a little excessive for me, so I'll probably let go of my early Arcadia Roy with the stand.  I'd rather have it match all my other DYRL valks, but I can also replace the pilot and packs, and pass this one off as a TV version to display along with the premium M&Ms, so it kind of works out. 

Assuming there aren't a ton of tampo markings on the head, I can even swap in the head from my original Yamato TV Roy to get the correct arrow color. :) 

Hmmm that sounds like a great idea! :rolleyes:

59861d33f3e37_premiumTVroy01.jpg.af08a21f138bd7c8eb161e4a133406cc.jpg.ed949e98ada8031908bbc26444c6dae9.jpg

All that Macross stuff suddenly appearing on HLJ... My wallet would be a lot lighter tonight if I didn't already have all that stuff. Or put another way, my wallet was already made lighter by those things. :mellow:

I'm actually wondering how many of these they actually had, if any, or if it was actually a glitch.  I placed the order for a Premium Roy to go to my warehouse while it read "in stock," but I haven't seen any update past the order confirmation.  Maybe it was late enough in the day that it won't register until the next business day, but now it's listed as "discontinued."  :huh: