Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I ordered it from BigBadToyStore.  It's In Stock right now.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/61696

Plus that's the only place I know of to pre-order the Phase 2 Enterprise and the Star Trek Beyond version.  The Eaglemoss store doesn't have either of them available to purchase.

Edited by Mommar

Just pre-ordered the Titan and Abramsverse Enterprise from BBTS. Considering getting the Avantine from Eaglemoss since BBTS didn’t have it. 

Edited by Sildani

Opened up the XL Voyager last night.  It's beautiful, a great size, and was well built.  The paint apps on the windows and some detail lines, however, were really messy in some spots.  I'm not sure if that justifies asking Eaglemoss for a replacement or not.  Opinions?

RHi8EEwNTJqc73ipRxJF3Q.jpg

kYo00sqTQOGNe6OEQSFAOQ.jpg

WNg+xacgQ7SkfsKAeHyt7Q.jpg

tBc95NjnQNC1So1ku1gnKg.jpg

7A2tN0tKR%K%UiQKG4ZumQ.jpg

C41noC6ERZW7JTa+ss+rdA.jpg

Wow that is a bit messy. I guess it depends on how much the ship cost and if it’s going to bother you.

I prob wouldn’t be thrilled with it unless it was relatively cheap and I had the time/energy to fix the paint apps. 

56 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow that is a bit messy. I guess it depends on how much the ship cost and if it’s going to bother you.

I prob wouldn’t be thrilled with it unless it was relatively cheap and I had the time/energy to fix the paint apps. 

It was $60 on the subscription, otherwise $75.  It definitely bothered me when I noticed it lol.

48 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

It was $60 on the subscription, otherwise $75.  It definitely bothered me when I noticed it lol.

Honestly, it might not be noticeable from across a room, but at that distance it looks like a sack of crap.  I'd say you should definitely go looking for a replacement, but given the history of the line, it's a crapshoot whether you get one that's any better.  You might want to do some research and see if the problem is common across that release.

Personally, given that the markings are all supposed to line up with molded hull details, I'd just see if you can safely remove the markings and fix them yourself with something like a fine-tipped marker.  Fortunately it looks like only the black was misprinted.

1 hour ago, valkyriepilot said:

The Gold Book also came with these, so it really was money very well spent :D

DSC_3256.JPG

Very Nice!

I found my copy on Letgo locally had everything except instead of a Macross film strip it had one from Aera 88 :(

22 hours ago, Zx31 said:

I ended up spending more on paint for the HG than I did for the kit itself.

20180122_143021.jpg

That is a great paint scheme and excellent job on the gold trim. It looks very clean on the binders, chest, and selves. I have always had a problem with small bits of dust or hairs getting stuck on white paint. Always end up with one tiny black speck on a white panel. What paints did you use?

18 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

What paints did you use?

Everything was over white primer with Tamiya Color spray cans except for the gold which was hand brushed with Testor's enamel, then clear coat with flat coat on the suit and semi-gloss binders. It was my first big experiment with using spray cans and I'm going to give airbrushing a shot this year.

4 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Opened up the XL Voyager last night.  It's beautiful, a great size, and was well built.  The paint apps on the windows and some detail lines, however, were really messy in some spots.  I'm not sure if that justifies asking Eaglemoss for a replacement or not.  Opinions?

RHi8EEwNTJqc73ipRxJF3Q.jpg

kYo00sqTQOGNe6OEQSFAOQ.jpg

WNg+xacgQ7SkfsKAeHyt7Q.jpg

tBc95NjnQNC1So1ku1gnKg.jpg

C41noC6ERZW7JTa+ss+rdA.jpg

I think you're justified.  Every single one is way off.  It's not like it's just the corner of one or two kinda slipping out at an edge.  They're just off.

Seeing the messed up on paint scheme on ZorClone's XL Voyager makes me wonder if it's just his copy only or is also noted on others that have the XL Voyager as well (I haven't done a further investigation on it yet)? Still want to get the DS9 Defiant, however I will have to see if Eaglemoss can improve on the finer details on the XL lineup..    

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Seeing the messed up on paint scheme on ZorClone's XL Voyager makes me wonder if it's just his copy only or is also noted on others that have the XL Voyager as well (I haven't done a further investigation on it yet)? Still want to get the DS9 Defiant, however I will have to see if Eaglemoss can improve on the finer details on the XL lineup..    

I have to admit, I haven't been impressed with any mass production Trek ships really..  The Art Asylum/Diamond Select ones always have so many things to fix on them (if you even can), and these are looking no better.  Best bet seems to get models, and build them yourself. <_< 

10 hours ago, ZorClone said:

That Voyager is lovely but a shame the window paint markings are a little all over the shop.. If you took the chance with a replacement would it be similar to this one? I wonder how hard it would be to correct?

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I have to admit, I haven't been impressed with any mass production Trek ships really..  The Art Asylum/Diamond Select ones always have so many things to fix on them (if you even can), and these are looking no better.  Best bet seems to get models, and build them yourself. <_< 

Or better yet, stick with the Playmates' version of the Defiant instead. :wacko:

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Gold Book?

One of the most sought after books for a Macross collector - The DYRL? Data Bank. B))

20 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Very Nice!

I found my copy on Letgo locally had everything except instead of a Macross film strip it had one from Aera 88 :(

Yikes, that's unexpected... My friends who ordered the book also got DYRL film strips, so your copy is a bit of an odd-man out...

Area 88 is a good series though, so hold on to those strips, and maybe they'll increase in value too as time passes ;)

Edited by valkyriepilot

4 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

My new additions, some 3rd part masterpiece. Tracks just there for scale. I’m loving the arcee and jazz.

i also receive gigantis terminus or masterpiece omega suprem but I didn’t get to open yet.

6D6DDB7A-DC76-4049-8829-9FB8E72D00DE.jpeg

9F6F97B7-E1E5-41C2-AB5E-3445ADD89BEA.jpeg

1CA81091-41C0-455F-9780-D9CA4E95DC2B.jpeg

Which company makes that Arcee?

53 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Yea 2 weeks after prep email. 

Yeah, that's about standard with them, though I've noticed if you pre-order something early they tend to ship it fairly quick.

Never bothered me that much, since I use SAL to save some money anyway.

6 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

My new additions, some 3rd part masterpiece. Tracks just there for scale. I’m loving the arcee and jazz.

i also receive gigantis terminus or masterpiece omega suprem but I didn’t get to open yet.

6D6DDB7A-DC76-4049-8829-9FB8E72D00DE.jpeg

9F6F97B7-E1E5-41C2-AB5E-3445ADD89BEA.jpeg

1CA81091-41C0-455F-9780-D9CA4E95DC2B.jpeg

Which company did this Arcee?