Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

7 hours ago, Sildani said:

Got word my own prototype Enterprise-C has shipped. Hope it’s a good one. 

@Mommar, since I think you said the Eaglemoss quality was hit and miss, what other Trek ships are worth picking up?

I don't have too many.  There are over 100 so I can't comment on all of them either.  The D and E were both good, though the E is so small it loses some details.  I like the Vor'Cha and the K'Tinga too.  The TOS D5 and Romulan Warbirds are both really plain but then they were in the shows too so they're accurate and are done well. I don't know if it's possible to get the Titan anymore but I do like that one.  Unfortunately a lot of the classic federation ships can suffer because they can't get the nacelles straight, so the NX, and Constitution/Miranda ships can be crooked.  Though they're also brittle being so small, my TOS Ent showed up with the left pylon snapped off.  Ordering from Eaglemoss directly is the best way to mitigate that because they'll replace them.  They don't always have everything available though.  If you want reviews and closeups for ALL of them look up IrishTrekkie on youtube.  He's jovial, and a bit forgiving imo, but you get an idea what all of them are like.

6 hours ago, Zx31 said:

Some non-Macross while I wait for Sheryl, HMR Elint, and Missile Regults

20180120_101044.jpg

So what is your impression of the C?

Edited by Mommar

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Decided it was time to join you fine folks and jump into the world of Macross collecting.  I've been wanting to jump in over the past decade but the Yamato prices were exorbitant to me.  So I got into Masterpiece Transformers and third party figures.  Fast-forward to present time and MP TF/3P figures are well into the $100+ per figure.  Now all of a sudden Yamato/Arcadia figures don't seem so expensive anymore.  Anyways, I'm no where near at the level that you guys are but these are the figures I've managed to pick up since X-mas.  I don't expect to get every figure out there, but I want to at least get the key figures. Down another rabbit hole I go...

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG1997.jpg

IMAG1998.jpg

Edited by dafob

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

So what is your impression of the C?

No QC issues and the detail and paint are all pretty good for the size. My only nitpick is that the deflector looks too plain, but otherwise I think it's a pretty solid representation.

20180120_163729.jpg

Edited by Zx31

48 minutes ago, dafob said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Decided it was time to join you fine folks and jump into the world of Macross collecting.  I've been wanting to jump in over the past decade but the Yamato prices were exorbitant to me.  So I got into Masterpiece Transformers and third party figures.  Fast-forward to present time and MP TF/3P figures are well into the $100+ per figure.  Now all of a sudden Yamato/Arcadia figures don't seem so expensive anymore.  Anyways, I'm no where near at the level that you guys are but these are the figures I've managed to pick up since X-mas.  I don't expect to get every figure out there, but I want to at least get the key figures. Down another rabbit hole I go...

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

Glad to see you post! Nice collection!

4 hours ago, dafob said:

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

Whoa that's quite a start you have going there! Great choices! Though I think you got the wrong scale Max to go with Miria. :D

Edited by Lolicon

4 hours ago, Zx31 said:

No QC issues and the detail and paint are all pretty good for the size. My only nitpick is that the deflector looks too plain, but otherwise I think it's a pretty solid representation.

20180120_163729.jpg

Ordered a C. Thanks a lot, you bastards! :D

12 hours ago, Sildani said:

Got word my own prototype Enterprise-C has shipped. Hope it’s a good one. 

@Mommar, since I think you said the Eaglemoss quality was hit and miss, what other Trek ships are worth picking up?

The XL ships look fantastic and appear to have better QC. As for the smaller ships, my favorites are the Enterprise A and D, the Akira class, the Prometheus, TOS Enterprise, and the future Enterprise D. 

The first movie Enterprise, although the exact same mold as the A, doesn't have any of the Aztec surface detail or really any detail at all. She's not even the right color. Movie Enterprise is supposed to be white.

The Reliant also looks great, but mine had a crooked nacelle. Had to break it off and glue it back on at the correct alignment.

Edited by Lolicon

51 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Whoa that's quite a start you have going there! Great choices! Though I think you got the wrong scale Max to go with Miria. :D

LOL.  I did realize that about Max, but I've never experienced a Bandai HMR before so wanted to get one to see what it was like.  Plus, it was half the price of the Arcadia reissue 1/60.

But I think getting the 1/60 VF-1J Max and a 1/60 YF-21 will complete my immediate collection... for now.

5 hours ago, Zx31 said:

20180120_163729.jpg

Is it just me or is only half of that saucer section painted?  There's a conspicuous lack of darkened windows on one side... is the top the same?

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

And with those extra photos you've confirmed for me.  I think there was a manufacturing error.  Left side, top and bottom, lack of darkened windows.  Exactly like mine.

Huh, I didn't notice until you pointed it out. I wonder if the templates weren't aligned.

Huh. That’s... not encouraging. 

Also, looking at the pic above, some of the lifeboat paneling’s color printing has slid off to one side. 

Edited by Sildani

2 hours ago, dafob said:

LOL.  I did realize that about Max, but I've never experienced a Bandai HMR before so wanted to get one to see what it was like.  Plus, it was half the price of the Arcadia reissue 1/60.

But I think getting the 1/60 VF-1J Max and a 1/60 YF-21 will complete my immediate collection... for now.

Good luck with the YF-21, the only 1/60 of it is old Yamato, and costs around $350 (or more) right now.

I have received a response from Eaglemoss.  "I have requested a reship for this item."  I don't think they realize I pointed out another member here had the exact same problem and even the demo version from their own website is off and there could be something at the factory that's the issue...

Edited by Mommar

So my order from CDJapan arrived over the weekend.

janhaul.jpg.f6594dc932c406378daf8f685eb28738.jpg

Only got the two Macross F CDs due to the songs from Uta, but yeah I'm going to start collecting the blu-rays since they have english sub-titles.

Also no, the image on the magus bride cd is not a mis-print. Have a feeling the image on season two will match with this one.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

EXIA! Can't wait to see your finished product on this one, Anubis. ;) 

Gonna be a little while. I wanna leave the best for last :lol: I got 2 PG unicorns  and a PG 00 Raiser to go through first. 

Edited by anubis20

42 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Gonna be a little while. I wanna leave the best for last :lol: I got 2 PG unicorns  and a PG 00 Raiser to go through first. 

Got it! Previous post revisited. ^_^ 

UNICORN! 00RAISER! Can't wait to see your finished product for those two, Anubis. ;) 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:16 AM, Zx31 said:

Some non-Macross while I wait for Sheryl, HMR Elint, and Missile Regults

20180120_101044.jpg

Good choice with the Kahatriya! Bandai did a really good job with it, makes up for the HG model kit. Look forward to getting the Awakened Unicorn with the shield funnels in a couple of months. 

On 1/19/2018 at 10:03 PM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Who the hell do you think I am

318EF6A4-B075-4E62-B642-14D7FE743D17.jpeg

Nice pick up! I have been tempted by some the NxEdge figures but I don't think I need to start collecting another line. :D

1 hour ago, spanner said:

oh this was an original concept! looks great!

Yeah, it appeared in profile on the ready room plaque but was deemed too difficult to create in short time so the other C was made to meet production times instead.  But this was originally what the C was supposed to look like.

5 hours ago, ZorClone said:

I'm excited about the Eaglemoss XL starship line.  I just recently started a subscription for it.  The XL Voyager evidently arrived Saturday but I haven't gotten it from the mail box yet, lol.

Let us know what you think of it.  I was thinking of getting the XL.

20 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Good choice with the Kahatriya! Bandai did a really good job with it, makes up for the HG model kit. Look forward to getting the Awakened Unicorn with the shield funnels in a couple of months.

I ended up spending more on paint for the HG than I did for the kit itself.

20180122_143021.jpg