Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Probably took the ground crew no time at all to stencil the names on the canopy sill. 

Ordered the Probert Enterprise-C. Trekyards Episode 111 has a great interview with him about its design!

Just opened and went through the features and transformation for MP-39 Sunstreaker. Oh man is it good! Incredible engineering and so many Masterpiece momentsI haven't cared much for Transformers in a while but this one is really good. I've had Badcube Sunstreaker since it came out and never bothered transforming it. After experiencing the MP, I don't think I'll ever transform the BC version now. Sorry, no time/energy for pics yet but highly recommended. 

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Just opened and went through the features and transformation for MP-39 Sunstreaker. Oh man is it good! Incredible engineering and so many Masterpiece momentsI haven't cared much for Transformers in a while but this one is really good. I've had Badcube Sunstreaker since it came out and never bothered transforming it. After experiencing the MP, I don't think I'll ever transform the BC version now. Sorry, no time/energy for pics yet but highly recommended. 

Word of caution on MP-39, Takara used a stupid, piss poor joint for one section of the backpack that is breaking on a lot of people, I checked mine out and I have some healthy stress marks after just a few transformations. The backpack with all the engine kibble must rotate around 180 in order to lay clean on Sunny's back, that black joint that feels notched as you rotate all the backpack nonsense around is VERY fragile, it is also notched, so it catches some resistance as you rotate it. I recommend not transforming him often, or really babying that whole backpack section when you have to rotate it around to complete his bot transformation. We'll see if those stupid long life stickers they put on their stuff now holds true when people have Sunny in their collections for a while and are several transformations in.

48 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Word of caution on MP-39, Takara used a stupid, piss poor joint for one section of the backpack that is breaking on a lot of people, I checked mine out and I have some healthy stress marks after just a few transformations. The backpack with all the engine kibble must rotate around 180 in order to lay clean on Sunny's back, that black joint that feels notched as you rotate all the backpack nonsense around is VERY fragile, it is also notched, so it catches some resistance as you rotate it. I recommend not transforming him often, or really babying that whole backpack section when you have to rotate it around to complete his bot transformation. We'll see if those stupid long life stickers they put on their stuff now holds true when people have Sunny in their collections for a while and are several transformations in.

Thanks for the tip! I normally would read every post and watch every review for the thing before I even opened it but again, I care so little about TFs these days, I haven't bothered checking anything before I opened this one. I noticed that backpack swivel when I was transforming it and luckily, it was tight and blocked by kibble so I had to examine closely before I could turn it. In doing so, I was very careful and able to move everything out of the way first so the actual rotation went smoothly for me. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks for the tip! I normally would read every post and watch every review for the thing before I even opened it but again, I care so little about TFs these days, I haven't bothered checking anything before I opened this one. I noticed that backpack swivel when I was transforming it and luckily, it was tight and blocked by kibble so I had to examine closely before I could turn it. In doing so, I was very careful and able to move everything out of the way first so the actual rotation went smoothly for me. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Actually Maz did do a little rundown on MP Sunny and hopefully that you caught it.. I'm spending more time here for Macross ,TFs and other related items on the other one.

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

Actually Maz did do a little rundown on MP Sunny and hopefully that you caught it.. I'm spending more time here for Macross ,TFs and other related items on the other one.

Thanks, I'll check it out! Maz always has good write ups. Again, I haven't payed attention to any TF news. I just don't care anymore enough to. I think once I get a good Jazz and Galvatron, I'm pretty much done.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks, I'll check it out! Maz always has good write ups. Again, I haven't payed attention to any TF news. I just don't care anymore enough to. I think once I get a good Jazz and Galvatron, I'm pretty much done.

How about Sovereign, Fans Toys Galvatron.

It's a great MP Galvatron, (I don't care too much about space cannon mode) It's been out for a year and I still keep taking it from the shelf.

12 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

How about Sovereign, Fans Toys Galvatron.

It's a great MP Galvatron, (I don't care too much about space cannon mode) It's been out for a year and I still keep taking it from the shelf.

Not a fan of it. I want both modes to look good...kinda the point of Transformers to me. I do understand it's a well made toy, I just don't like the aesthetics. Same goes for the DX9 one and all the Jazz options so far.

Lucky #13 or should I say unlucky ride over here #13 

Got my Glaug,  the seller didn't pack it well and the box got dinged around.   Since I am not gonna stare at it in a box I am not too concerned.

The size comparison between this and a VF-1 is pretty intimidating..  the Regults even manage to make the VF-1 look small and that is not something easily noticed in the TV series.  If this scale is accurate I have new respect for Hikaru during his fight @ the Mars Base..   Khamjin would have popped out and I would have been like.... crap.

Optimized-20180119_175203.jpg

53 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Not a fan of it. I want both modes to look good...kinda the point of Transformers to me. I do understand it's a well made toy, I just don't like the aesthetics. Same goes for the DX9 one and all the Jazz options so far.

Fair enough ;) 

There's a chance X-transbots releases their version or Takara steps into the game.

3 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Finally got my VF-2SS and NXEDGE Gurren Lagann 

BA997257-5B47-4B0B-9E18-03C0D1B6FE1E.jpeg

In the very short amount of time I have been collecting the Hi-Metal R line.. the VF-2SS with SAP armor is my favorite one... so much so I just bought another!  I predict the price will start rising on these unless Bandai brings out others.

11 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

In the very short amount of time I have been collecting the Hi-Metal R line.. the VF-2SS with SAP armor is my favorite one... so much so I just bought another!  I predict the price will start rising on these unless Bandai brings out others.

They were already showing off Nexx's unit (the blue striped one) at the last show they did, so presumably they intend to bring out more of them.

25 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Lucky #13 or should I say unlucky ride over here #13 

Got my Glaug,  the seller didn't pack it well and the box got dinged around.   Since I am not gonna stare at it in a box I am not too concerned.

The size comparison between this and a VF-1 is pretty intimidating..  the Regults even manage to make the VF-1 look small and that is not something easily noticed in the TV series.  If this scale is accurate I have new respect for Hikaru during his fight @ the Mars Base..   Khamjin would have popped out and I would have been like.... crap.

Optimized-20180119_175203.jpg

Nice, so far I think the Glaug is my favorite of the HMR kits, honestly. (VF-1, Glaug, Missile Regults, Defender, Spartan, VF-2SS). They're doing a bang-up job on the non-transforming kits overall.

56 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Fair enough ;) 

There's a chance X-transbots releases their version or Takara steps into the game.

Yep, I'm counting on one of those two to come through for me. XTB has the best aesthetics, imo and Takara is hit or miss on aesthetics but they usually have the best engineering. 

5 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I dislike Minmay so i got 1/60 Hikaru and Misa commissioned for my VT-1 and got them today B))

1/60 Hikaru and Misa for VT-1 1/60 Hikaru and Misa for VT-1

1/60 Hikaru and Misa for VT-1

1/60 Hikaru and Misa for VT-1

All you need next is the Protoculture city set (or make one) to re-create a few scenes from DRYL. :)

Edited by borgified

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I dislike Minmay so i got 1/60 Hikaru and Misa commissioned for my VT-1 and got them today B))

Cool. Did you happen to notice that this figure combination is exactly how Bandai teased the HMR VT-1 a few weeks ago?

By the way, here are some goodies that arrived this past week:

IMG_2779.JPG

It just happens that you also got the same Frontier OST as I did (minus the one in the right) @ScrambledValkyrie. As for myself, I enjoy the one in the middle with Sheryl on the front cover (blowing the kiss), Princess Alto is in kabuki attire when you open the cover while Ranka is on the back cover (its the double CD set with a booklet of all the songs in Japanese).

Haven't gotten the chance to listen to the Delta OST (I believe that there are also 2 versions of the OST CDs out, or is there additional ones that I don't know of? I believe that someone can verify that). 

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Cool. Did you happen to notice that this figure combination is exactly how Bandai teased the HMR VT-1 a few weeks ago?

By the way, here are some goodies that arrived this past week:

IMG_2779.JPG

I can’t wait for the HMR VT-1.  Congrats on getting the Regult Missile Type Set and that HM VF-1A Hikaru.  I think if I chose SAL I would have got my sets by now but it’s cool.  Only a few more weeks until February.

Got word my own prototype Enterprise-C has shipped. Hope it’s a good one. 

@Mommar, since I think you said the Eaglemoss quality was hit and miss, what other Trek ships are worth picking up?