Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Just now, dj760 said:

@Lolicon @Slave IV Thank you!

@Saburo Great photo & congrats on the new valk!

Had a package waiting for me at the house.  Looking forward to setting up the trifecta display.  Now should I display with Yamato weathering or Arcadia YF-19? 

Yf-21 In Shipping Box.JPG

Nice, how much did that run you?

I vote for the Arcadia, and set them up as Battroids beating the crap out of eachother.

Got my MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker in, he's pretty neat but I do have some issues. I don't like his face, easily Takara's worst work yet, he does indeed have a weird Jay Leno vibe to him, it's the chin, it's just off. His transformation is fairly intuitive, a bit fiddly at times unfortunately, not my favorite official MP transformation but I think it's better then my third party Sunsurge. His backpack is pretty nasty too, it's not really just a backpack, but a backpack butt-flap hanging spoiler bit combo. There's a lot of stuff hanging off the back of this guy, but overall I can mostly give it a pass since Takara was forced to essentially fit two alt modes into this guy, his toon and toy accurate fictional Lambo with huge intakes mode, and a "clean" regular yellow Lambo mode to match his brother. Overall I'm happy, he has a lot of gimmicks, and he is easily Takara's most impressive figure yet from an engineering stand point, I even put him above the very insane MP-36, who I also didn't like aesthetically, but there's zero denying Takara is on point with the engineering on these new figures, so I believe the higher costs are fairly justified as well. I recommend him, he's a showboat, and that's what you want in a Sunstreaker.

20180102_181515.thumb.jpg.1c07672b62badd7b01e7522fb16ddf50.jpg

20180102_181555.thumb.jpg.5746bc02378420dc83e6dd999c17fecc.jpg

3 minutes ago, dj760 said:

@Sanity is Optional Thank you! I'll give that display a try. This ran me... a trip to the dog house :D 

@SaburoThank you! I'm also optimistic for an Arcadia revision. Wish it would be sooner, but would love having a 25th anniversary sticker on the box.

I feel your pain, got mine a couple months back.

4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Got my MP-39 Masterpiece Sunstreaker in, he's pretty neat but I do have some issues. I don't like his face, easily Takara's worst work yet, he does indeed have a weird Jay Leno vibe to him, it's the chin, it's just off. His transformation is fairly intuitive, a bit fiddly at times unfortunately, not my favorite official MP transformation but I think it's better then my third party Sunsurge. His backpack is pretty nasty too, it's not really just a backpack, but a backpack butt-flap hanging spoiler bit combo. There's a lot of stuff hanging off the back of this guy, but overall I can mostly give it a pass since Takara was forced to essentially fit two alt modes into this guy, his toon and toy accurate fictional Lambo with huge intakes mode, and a "clean" regular yellow Lambo mode to match his brother. Overall I'm happy, he has a lot of gimmicks, and he is easily Takara's most impressive figure yet from an engineering stand point, I even put him above the very insane MP-36, who I also didn't like aesthetically, but there's zero denying Takara is on point with the engineering on these new figures, so I believe the higher costs are fairly justified as well. I recommend him, he's a showboat, and that's what you want in a Sunstreaker.

20180102_181515.thumb.jpg.1c07672b62badd7b01e7522fb16ddf50.jpg

20180102_181555.thumb.jpg.5746bc02378420dc83e6dd999c17fecc.jpg

Waiting for mine to arrive. As for the face, it would have been nice if Takara'd had gone for the Studio Ox style, but unfotunately, Floro Dery all the way.

5 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

As for the face, it would have been nice if Takara'd had gone for the Studio Ox style, but unfotunately, Floro Dery all the way.

I think they did a great job on the face.  Looks just like the cartoon to me!  :p

wierdo-jpg.27883234

On January 2, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Lolicon said:

Never bought any Mafex stuff before. Hoping they'll at least be close to Figuarts quality, because I really wanted a Batman Begins version.

5a4bcb9279822_dec2017loot01.jpg.9ecbbdadcb569aa3c505cd382b083118.jpg

The Kai is going to a friend. Other than that, just some books, decals, and some "laser sword" replacements. :D

5a4bcb94ea218_dec2017loot02.jpg.c735e989cdc1770cebbffe8492697dc3.jpg

Nice haul! I just got a couple similar items. And yeah, Mafex is not going to have the same refinement as SHF. 

image.jpeg

Also so finally got these

image.jpeg

Edited by Slave IV

@dj760: I hope that you did get the 2 YFs at a good price and without breaking the bank at the same time.. Would love to get the VF-21 if Arcadia does have the chance to do it and address the needed bugs as per Chris on the Collection DX reviews.

All the posts of the VF-1SS make the wait for Nexx's version even more unbearable (and address some of the short comings that I have read in regards to Silvies). :( 

Got my Metal Build 00 Qan and Figma Guts! Figma Guts was the last one i needed to complete my Berserk collection. Dont have Griffith, Casca, or Band of the Hawk Guts but theyre not necessary for me unless they reissue them. Not gonna pay aftermarket for them :)

New Haul 01/04/2018

Got two more packages in from NY, that is two SEPARATE packages, since I can't combine multiple TWE items after payment... I love the GM Sniper, the regular cannon fodder GM-79 ANIME figures are really nice themselves, so I knew there would be a great base for future variants. I actually really like the Home-Made Suit Spidey, I've seen some aren't too hot on hit but I think he's neat, he's really nicely articulated, kind of a shame Bandai decided to make him TWE. MK 47 is another nice Figuarts Iron-Man release, I really liked this look in the movie, I love all the extra silver throughout the body.

20180104_202607.thumb.jpg.fc7b3630164bf93ab93d647371f818ec.jpg

20180104_203028.thumb.jpg.dcd18f7d6d04dc1c406787ef5d3257a9.jpg

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Got two more packages in from NY, that is two SEPARATE packages, since I can't combine multiple TWE items after payment... I love the GM Sniper, the regular cannon fodder GM-79 ANIME figures are really nice themselves, so I knew there would be a great base for future variants. I actually really like the Home-Made Suit Spidey, I've seen some aren't too hot on hit but I think he's neat, he's really nicely articulated, kind of a shame Bandai decided to make him TWE. MK 47 is another nice Figuarts Iron-Man release, I really liked this look in the movie, I love all the extra silver throughout the body.

20180104_202607.thumb.jpg.fc7b3630164bf93ab93d647371f818ec.jpg

20180104_203028.thumb.jpg.dcd18f7d6d04dc1c406787ef5d3257a9.jpg

Nice! I got a preparation email from NY about that Spider man / Ironman combo on 12/26 and ive yet to get a shipping notification :angry: I really didnt want the home made suit just the mk 47 but i was forced to get this set because i collect all of the Figuarts IM suits ^_^

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

Nice! I got a preparation email from NY about that Spider man / Ironman combo on 12/26 and ive yet to get a shipping notification :angry: I really didnt want the home made suit just the mk 47 but i was forced to get this set because i collect all of the Figuarts IM suits ^_^

What shipping method did you go with? That seems like a long time if it was EMS or anything similar. Indeed very odd that Bandai has released almost two dozen Iron-Man figures in the Figuarts line, and then they make the MK 47 a TWE item only attainable when bundled with a Spider-Man figure. I personally can't really complain, I was going to get both either way, and I was more excited for the Spider-Man then another Iron-Man, not that MK 47 isn't cool, I just REALLY liked the home-made suit in Homecoming, and I already have a bunch of different Iron-Man Figuarts. Honestly, they're both cool figures, it's a nice set.

26 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I don't know about anybody else but I'm the one who doesn't like that Spider-Man figure at all.

Damn that's a shame, I love mine to death, he is quickly becoming one of my favorite Figuarts figures in general. You haven't been too hot on a number of Figuarts lately, maybe dial back from the expensive TWE Figuarts and just do a handful of the regular release ones that you know you'll like, spend all that TWE money on something else.

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

What shipping method did you go with? That seems like a long time if it was EMS or anything similar. Indeed very odd that Bandai has released almost two dozen Iron-Man figures in the Figuarts line, and then they make the MK 47 a TWE item only attainable when bundled with a Spider-Man figure. I personally can't really complain, I was going to get both either way, and I was more excited for the Spider-Man then another Iron-Man, not that MK 47 isn't cool, I just REALLY liked the home-made suit in Homecoming, and I already have a bunch of different Iron-Man Figuarts. Honestly, they're both cool figures, it's a nice set.

Mine was SAL, seems they have gone on vacation now. I tried getting them to change it to EMS and refused saying it was not possible <_< If im lucky ill be seeing them at the end of the month. 

----------------------------------------------------

Got my first order from usagundamstore.com ^_^ Done getting all the EW Gundam Wing kits. 

New Haul 01/05/2018

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I just got both of those in the mail today.

Thanks.  I already have Black Bolt from the SDCC Thanos Imperative set and I think that figure is darker so this will be a my second Black Bolt.  Either way sometimes it’s hard to resist buying cool figures when you see them just hanging on the pegs in stores.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Out of curiosity. What is this? Thanks!

Great hauls everyone!

It’s the Macross 35th Anniversary stamp set.  It comes with this inside.

71D34868-FE18-41D7-A789-16BADFD7C400.jpeg.f84459b6a0c317fec62f12daac32c546.jpeg

232EAC0D-AD43-43FC-82B6-6EB1DEFFE816.jpeg.6314594dfc53c3e6143e66f7d0bd6437.jpeg

3C1B8097-D30B-4D87-8D91-8623D45390A1.jpeg.e6d26c80141eaf61b18b18c2c525f934.jpeg

85DDA0B8-27F5-4BB6-AC54-0506F136A444.thumb.jpeg.e9406680b44a70e65ac6732782cef08c.jpeg